There are 147 users in the forums

WZ Baseball 2014

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I guess Boise doesnt want to mess with a team that is dominating right now. Otherwise, pretty sure he would have made that deal.

This. I normally would have taken that deal in a heartbeat. I just need Browns bat in my OF a lot more than I need Longoria when I already have Adrian Beltre. He obviously wont keep up his torrid pace, but the runs, HR's, slugging and SB's he provides for my team are irreplaceable right now.

It's definitely a risk passing up a proven stud like Longoria, but in a non-money keeper league like this, I'm willing to take that risk. Fantasy sports are a lot more fun watching young players like Domonic Brown develop on your team.

But whateves.... I don't care when people question my fantasy baseball prowess. I was bashed for keeping Goldschmidt and Scherzer over Pujols as well.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
You were definitely right about Goldschmidt.

Guy is bashing everything.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I guess Boise doesnt want to mess with a team that is dominating right now. Otherwise, pretty sure he would have made that deal.

This. I normally would have taken that deal in a heartbeat. I just need Browns bat in my OF a lot more than I need Longoria when I already have Adrian Beltre. He obviously wont keep up his torrid pace, but the runs, HR's, slugging and SB's he provides for my team are irreplaceable right now.

It's definitely a risk passing up a proven stud like Longoria, but in a non-money keeper league like this, I'm willing to take that risk. Fantasy sports are a lot more fun watching young players like Domonic Brown develop on your team.

But whateves.... I don't care when people question my fantasy baseball prowess. I was bashed for keeping Goldschmidt and Scherzer over Pujols as well.

this....exactly why i was willing to trade so much

makes me mad that i drafted his ass and he had a terrible April so i dropped him
[ Edited by Knowledge on Jun 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Countered Muggins
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I'm looking for draft picks for the future. Time for me to blow up this clown team. Too many injuries... Tulowitzki being the latest.
[ Edited by Muggins on Jun 14, 2013 at 4:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Muggins:
I'm looking for draft picks for the future. Time for me to blow up this clown team. Too many injuries... Tulowitzki being the latest.

What's your team name?
Redrose49er, I sent you a trade offer. Check it out.
Originally posted by Fincham11:

I might be suffering in last place but HanRam and a scrub for Rivera?
Originally posted by redrose49er:
Originally posted by Fincham11:

I might be suffering in last place but HanRam and a scrub for Rivera?

LOL Finch loves making offers that have zero chance of being accepted.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
My damn roster didn't save

• jrg
  • Veteran
Jhoulys Chacin
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Davis and Cabrera

Giancarlo Stanton is pretty great too
[ Edited by jrg on Jun 17, 2013 at 11:19 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Buster Posey is available for trade.

I'm looking to add a TOP pitcher
Originally posted by jrg:
Buster Posey is available for trade.

I'm looking to add a TOP pitcher

Come to papa
  • jrg
  • Veteran
vrabbit and I have completed a trade

I get:

SP Max Scherzer
17th round pick

vrabbit gets:
C Buster Posey
12th round pick

Trade the 81st overall ranked player for the 10th ranked player..wasn't TOO worried about the 12th rounder, because I already have Muggins' 11th rounder for Lincecum

Now have
Wainwright (9th ranked player)
Scherzer (10th ranked player)
Kershaw (13th ranked player)

at the top of my rotation

vrabbit gets his boy and has a quality keeper
[ Edited by jrg on Jun 20, 2013 at 7:33 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone