LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 137 users in the forums

If you had Back to Back picks in the 1st/2nd Round...

If you had Back to Back picks in the 1st/2nd Round...

Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
First, it's never a good idea to take two players from the same team at the top of the draft. If Brady gets injured again, or isn't 100% - that will hurt Moss big time, so you are risking two players with one injury.

Second, when are you going to take a RB? I don't draft QB till 4th round, unlesss top 3 QB is there in late rd. 2 or 3. There is a good chance of landing Frank Gore and Steve Slaton with those two picks, and I will take them over WR or QB.

If you are going to go with QB/WR combo, go with Brees and Andre Johnson.

3rd - Ronnie Brown
4th - Marshawn Lynch

And Lynch is suspended the first 3 games of the year.....+ the bye week and your minus one starting back for 4 weeks (which = almost a 1/3 of the FF season).

let me finish....
5th - Willie Parker
6th - Tory Holt

any more questions?

ya

you gonna draft any good players?

• jrg
  • Veteran
Moss and Brady? Both of them are high risk-high reward players.

I wouldn't take a high risk on BOTH picks.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
First, it's never a good idea to take two players from the same team at the top of the draft. If Brady gets injured again, or isn't 100% - that will hurt Moss big time, so you are risking two players with one injury.

Second, when are you going to take a RB? I don't draft QB till 4th round, unlesss top 3 QB is there in late rd. 2 or 3. There is a good chance of landing Frank Gore and Steve Slaton with those two picks, and I will take them over WR or QB.

3rd - Ronnie Brown
4th - Marshawn Lynch

And Lynch is suspended the first 3 games of the year.....+ the bye week and your minus one starting back for 4 weeks (which = almost a 1/3 of the FF season).

hey mexico...do a draft then come talk to me. pwned!

let me finish....
5th - Willie Parker
6th - Tory Holt

any more questions?

ya

3rd - Ronnie Brown
4th - Marshawn Lynch

let me finish....
5th - Willie Parker
6th - Tory Holt

any more questions?

ya

I had the 10th overall pick last year in a snake draft with 10 participants. I took Gore with the 10th pick and Peyton Manning with the 11th. It didn't turn out to great as I expected it to. Oh, well it was still a fun year!
  • evil
  • Veteran

3rd - Ronnie Brown
4th - Marshawn Lynch

let me finish....
5th - Willie Parker
6th - Tory Holt

any more questions?

ya

You got pwned ?

3rd - Ronnie Brown
4th - Marshawn Lynch

let me finish....
5th - Willie Parker
6th - Tory Holt

any more questions?

ya

You got pwned ?

i did
  • krizay
  • Veteran
and Randy Moss and Tom Brady are both still on the board...do pull the trigger on the New England Duo?

If it were me I wouldn't do it. I'd do Fitz and Brees don't know about this duo.

With that said you can get away with it. RB's such as..........

Ryan Grant RB GBP 4.02
Pierre Thomas RB NOS 4.02
Knowshon Moreno RB DEN 4.10
Thomas Jones RB NYJ 4.11
Derrick Ward RB TBB 5.03

All have an average Draft postion of 4th round or later. If you were able to nabb a couple of these guys to go with Moss/Brady you could survive.
Originally posted by krizay:
and Randy Moss and Tom Brady are both still on the board...do pull the trigger on the New England Duo?

If it were me I wouldn't do it. I'd do Fitz and Brees don't know about this duo.

Ryan Grant RB GBP 4.02
Thomas Jones RB NYJ 4.11
Derrick Ward RB TBB 5.03
All have an average Draft postion of 4th round or later. If you were able to nabb a couple of these guys to go with Moss/Brady you could survive.

i went brady moss in 2 drafts so far and got ronnie brown willie parker and jonathan stewart
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Ryan Grant RB GBP 4.02
Thomas Jones RB NYJ 4.11
Derrick Ward RB TBB 5.03

i went brady moss in 2 drafts so far and got ronnie brown willie parker and jonathan stewart

Not too thrilled about Parker as you #2. He'll likely be your #3. But not thrilled nonetheless.

I'd be able to live with Brown and Stewart if the 3rd guy was more of a #2 kinda guy.

Ryan Grant RB GBP 4.02
Thomas Jones RB NYJ 4.11
Derrick Ward RB TBB 5.03

Not too thrilled about Parker as you #2. He'll likely be your #3. But not thrilled nonetheless.

I'd be able to live with Brown and Stewart if the 3rd guy was more of a #2 kinda guy.

thanks man! you def know your stuff!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=127862
no way...first I am a running back fanatic....second I never put that much stock in a single team. If you did that and NE finds themselve locked in a defensive game(like the superbowl) you are fugged for that week
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for theninermaniac.
youll never get a decent rb picking late in the 3rd/early in 4th
Share 49ersWebzone