Yes, I wanted to be here. I did everything I could to show that. I wanted to be a Cowboy and wear the star on my helmet. I wanted to play in front of the best fans in sports and make this America's team once again. The team my Pops and I grew up cheering for way up in Harrisburg, PA. Unfortunately, I no longer want to be here. I no longer want to be held to closed door negotiations without my agent present. I no longer want shots taken at me for getting injured while laying it on the line for the organization, our fans, and my teammates. I no longer want narratives created and spread to the media about me. I had purposely stayed quiet in hopes of getting something done. But since there is confusion out there, let me clear some things up.
I had my agent reach out to the Cowboys last off-season, after my third year, in hopes of getting a deal done early. Unfortunately, the team did not want to start any negotiations. At that point, I was okay with that and didn't complain, and focused on the 2024 season. After the season, I told my agent once again to let the team know we were open to negotiate. When they met at the combine, my agent informed me I should wait for other deals to get done, because the price would only go up, but I didn't care, and I wanted to secure myself as a cowboy long term.
This was before any of the other pass rushers' deals got done. I knew I would be leaving money on the table, but again, I was okay with that. Again, radio silence as far as my extension. In March, I met with Mr. Jones to talk about leadership. Somehow, the conversation turned into him talking contract with me. Yes, I engaged in a back-and-forth in regards to what I wanted from my contract, but at no point did I believe this was supposed to be a formal negotiation, and I informed Mr. Jones afterward, my agent would reach out, thinking this would get things done. But when my agent reached out and spoke to Adam, he was told the deal was pretty much already done. My agent, of course, told him that wasn't the case, and also reached out to Stephen Jones again, the team decided to go silent. At that point, we decided we would allow the team to reach out to us whenever they decided they wanted to talk. Yet, still not a call, email or text to my agent about starting a negotiation.
Up to today, they have not had a single conversation with my agent about a contract. Not one demand has been made by my agent about money, years, or anything else. Still, I stayed quiet, but again, after repeated shots at myself and all the narratives I have made a tough decision. I no longer want to play for the Dallas Cowboys. My trade request has been submitted to Stephen Jones, personally."
There are 528 users in the forums
Jerry Jones is own by Cowboys
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,414
- Yeti
- Veteran
- Posts: 525
- VaBeachNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,133
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones while talking about contract negotiations with Micah Parsons: "When I grew up I knew when momma wouldn't let me do something, going to daddy and daddy letting me do it. Then going back in and saying to momma, 'Daddy said I could do it.' That old…
— Jon Machota (@jonmachota) August 2, 2025
- VaBeachNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,133
Ladies & gentlemen, your 2025 Dallas Cowboys pic.twitter.com/Tu5RnFWYk1
— NFL Memes (@NFL_Memes) August 10, 2025
- VaBeachNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,133

- blizzuntz
- Veteran
- Posts: 56,295
- titan
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,292
- 49Fever
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,763
So the cowboys aren't going anywhere in the near future. They are doomed
- blizzuntz
- Veteran
- Posts: 56,295
I forgot the pancake block
- Heroism
- Veteran
- Posts: 26,772
DAL Draft so far
— SFdata9ers🏈📊 (@sfdata9ers) April 25, 2026
Good value overall https://t.co/tOQz7QFk8R pic.twitter.com/rnvoul2qgm
- LifelongNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,770
Originally posted by Heroism:
Jerry at 132 years old is running circles around John Lynch and his team. This is a crazy haul.
DAL Draft so far
— SFdata9ers🏈📊 (@sfdata9ers) April 25, 2026
Good value overall https://t.co/tOQz7QFk8R pic.twitter.com/rnvoul2qgm
To be fair, I don't think Jerry's issue is personnel. He has his issues, but Dallas has been putting out talented teams for the better party of 20 years now. The problem is there have been no deep playoff runs in that time frame, hence the frustration from the fan base. But if you look at their roster, since Tony Romo was the QB, there have been some very talented teams in Dallas. With that said, I think we would find a way to do worse with the exact same draft positioning
And somehow, the 49ers will still outperform the Cowboys, even with the talent deficit.
- Overkill
- Moderator
- Posts: 11,933
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
To be fair, I don't think Jerry's issue is personnel. He has his issues, but Dallas has been putting out talented teams for the better party of 20 years now. The problem is there have been no deep playoff runs in that time frame, hence the frustration from the fan base. But if you look at their roster, since Tony Romo was the QB, there have been some very talented teams in Dallas. With that said, I think we would find a way to do worse with the exact same draft positioningAnd somehow, the 49ers will still outperform the Cowboys, even with the talent deficit.
His problem has always been his ego. It doesn't leave room in the building for good coaching.
Pundits can applaud every draft, your fanbase can ensure your roster is stocked with pro bowlers, but if you can't build a functioning LT relationship with your coaches because you can't share the spotlight, than you'll forever be the team that underperforms expectations.
- blizzuntz
- Veteran
- Posts: 56,295
TMZ just released the official body cam footage of Tony Romo getting arrested for DUI pic.twitter.com/QUlBnAa0ZR
— Ahmed/The Ears/IG: BigBizTheGod ???????? (@big_business_) July 29, 2026
- blizzuntz
- Veteran
- Posts: 56,295
BREAKING NEWS: Dallas Cowboys practice was delayed two hours today after a player found an unknown white powdery substance on the field. Jerry Jones immediately suspended practice and called the police. After analysis, experts confirmed it was the goal line. Practice resumed once…
— Mike Bales 🫡???????? (@MikeBales) August 11, 2026
- LayTheWoodall
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,724
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
BREAKING NEWS: Dallas Cowboys practice was delayed two hours today after a player found an unknown white powdery substance on the field. Jerry Jones immediately suspended practice and called the police. After analysis, experts confirmed it was the goal line. Practice resumed once…
— Mike Bales 🫡???????? (@MikeBales) August 11, 2026
Good to see Michael Irvin still visiting training camp