Judge Nona Klippen ruled on Wednesday that there was insufficient evidence to proceed with the domestic violence case against San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster. The domestic violence charges against him were dropped while the weapons charge was reduced to a misdemeanor.

San Francisco 49ers general manager John Lynch announced via a statement issued to the media that Foster would be allowed to rejoin his teammates on Thursday. Hours later, Lynch was on stage at the team's State of the Franchise event and was immediately asked about the whole situation surrounding his young linebacker and the ruling that came earlier that day.

"I would just tell you on behalf of everyone in our organization, we're thrilled," Lynch said. "We're pleased because it's been a tough ordeal. It's consumed a lot of our time and energy. It's been tough because we've had belief in Reuben the entire time.

RELATED: Domestic Violence Charges Against 49ers Linebacker Reuben Foster Dropped

"We feel good that we believe the right outcome transpired today and I'll tell you what we're most looking forward to; having him in our building tomorrow."

The two dropped charges against Foster were domestic violence with an allegation that he inflicted great bodily injury and forcefully attempting to prevent a victim from reporting a crime. The Santa Clara DA's case against the star linebacker took a devastating hit last week when the key witness, ex-girlfriend Elissa Ennis, admitted that she lied about what transpired on February 11. She initially told authorities that her bruises and ruptured eardrum were the results of Foster hitting her several times.

The lone remaining charge is possession of an assault weapon. Police reportedly found the loaded Sig Sauer short-barreled rifle on a bathroom floor while searching Foster's residence. The pretrial date for that charge is set for June 6.