LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 127 users in the forums

Ninerfan21's 3 round Mock Draft

#13- Trent Williams OT- I don't see us waiting to pick our RT and if Williams is there, take him. 13 will be basically best OT available.

#17 Kyle Wilson CB- Good PR, good Cb to have at nickel as a rookie and then have him start next year when Clements contract becomes too much of a burden.

#49 Jordan Shipley WR/KR- We get our returner and hopefully a slot WR.

#79 John Jerry OG- We get our new Ray Brown

[ Edited by ninerfan21 on Apr 1, 2010 at 10:29:30 ]
Overall, I like it. I just have my doubts that Trent Williams will be there at #13.
shipley in the 2nd ?
Originally posted by vrabbit:
shipley in the 2nd ?

That would be a reach. He is projected as a 3rd or 4th rd pick.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
shipley in the 2nd ?

That would be a reach. He is projected as a 3rd or 4th rd pick.

I've seen a few mocks with him in mid 2nd range. I really like Shipley, think he could be a Wes Welker type for us
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Shipley aint sniffing the 2nd.

I do like him in the 4th though.
I like Williams and Wilson in the first but how about Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, or Chad Jones with the 2nd pick

And I dont like the rams despite this banner.

[ Edited by NinerBuff on Apr 1, 2010 at 12:48:32 ]
The first and third round picks are good but:

I'd rather take a pass rusher in the 2nd and then a kick returner in the 4th thru 6th rounds.

One of the smurfs will be available in the later rounds or if Ship is there in the 4th I'd be happy with him at that point.
  • 49erFanOrlandoFl
  • Info N/A
I like this draft except I would select a Safety in the 2nd round preferibliy Morgan Burnett
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I like the first and last pick. I would however prefer, Brandon Graham/Earl Thomas at 17 and Dexter McCluster in the 2nd round

Give me Williams, Wilson, McCluster, and an interior lineman and I'm happy.
I'm not as much on Williams' bandwagon as many are, but he'd be ok. Given Singletary brought Davis to Santa Clara, there seems to be quite a bit of interest in him, but he may be gone, it's hard to say how it'll unfold. I like Wilson, but would rather go big-time OL and take Iupati or even Pouncey to finish the OL upgrade. We could still get a big-time CB in 2nd rd. That's way too early for Shipley, although I do like his game. He could potentially be a fine slot receiver for us, as well as return kicks. With OT and OG taken care of, the 3rd rounder could be DL...in effort to get a better bookend DE to Justin Smith. Or, we could address that in 2nd rd...I really like Alualu, as he's got the size and experience in the 3-4 under Tedford at Cal.
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
#13- Trent Williams OT- I don't see us waiting to pick our RT and if Williams is there, take him. 13 will be basically best OT available.

#17 Kyle Wilson CB- Good PR, good Cb to have at nickel as a rookie and then have him start next year when Clements contract becomes too much of a burden.

#49 Jordan Shipley WR/KR- We get our returner and hopefully a slot WR.

#79 John Jerry OG- We get our new Ray Brown

I think Shipley's a reach, love the #17, Like Davis over Williams.
Share 49ersWebzone