LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 239 users in the forums

Early 2017 49ers mock offseason

Well I'm sitting here watching the Yankees hoping for them to lose (and I'm a fan) so they can sell sell sell before the deadline and get some young talent for the future and do things the right way sooo I figured id make a 2017 mock offseason and maybe give ppl something to talk about..i know its early but its cool to see others point of view on who they would like to possibly be on the team..

Resign- Williams, Patton, Carradine, Hodges,

Extensions-Hyde, Reid, Ward

Cuts-Brooks, Bethea

Free agents signed- WR Alshon Jeffery 4 yrs 52 Million, Dexter Mccluster 2 yrs 6 million

NFL DRAFT

Round 1-12th overall pick OLB out of Lousiville Devonte Fields- great pass rusher..i can see him dominating cfb this year getting about 15 sacks..plays in a 3-4 now so scheme shouldn't be a factor..

Round 2 ILB out of LSU Kendell Beckwith- great tackler and athlete..would look great next to Bowman..a lot of very talented ILBs in this draft I hope he slides

Round 3 TE out of Ole Miss Evan Engram- athletic kid who is a mismatch..Kelly will find a way to get him in space and burn LBs or S

Round 4 S out of Ole Miss Tony Conner-coming off a torn meniscus this year so I doubt he will be 100% and dominant like years before..which make him fall

Round 4 OLB out fo Texas A&M Deashon Hall-Garrett gets all the attention but Hall is a good player

Round 5 C out of Baylor Kyle Fuller- don't trust Kilgore staying healthy and Martin is ass..

I'm very hopeful (maybe too much) Kap turns it around and has a decent year under Kelly which grants him another year in his system..i also like Driskel a lot so hes the back up..as for Gabbert I'm not resigning him..This is Kaps year to prove hes worthy..i hope and can see him doing it..maybe I'm wrong but I have faith..
I'll be surprised if we don't have a top 5 pick next year. I'll be even more surprised if Jeffery signs a deal for only $13 million a year unless he missed most of this season due to another injury. The cap is only going to go up and he'll be free to go wherever he wants after getting tagged this year.

5 years $75 million was tossed around as an idea for Jeffery's contract this offseason. If he stays healthy and the cap goes up, he will make more than that.

http://chi.247sports.com/Bolt/Former-sports-agent-predicts-Alshon-Jefferys-new-contract--44057557
Uh, kind of a draft-nick myself..Buuut 2017 mock before the 2016 season....Might need to spend more time with with the family.
My early mock looks like.

M. Garrett
J. Butt
G. Kiel
Here's mine

1. Myles Garrett OLB
  2. Mason Rudolph QB
  3. Ethan Pocic C
  4. Travin Dural WR
Very early
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Cuts-Brooks, Bethea

That extensions / resigns / cuts sounds about right, but I doubt Alshon nor Dexter ever happens... and Patton needs to shine this year or bye bye
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Well I'm sitting here watching the Yankees hoping for them to lose (and I'm a fan) so they can sell sell sell before the deadline and get some young talent for the future and do things the right way sooo I figured id make a 2017 mock offseason and maybe give ppl something to talk about..i know its early but its cool to see others point of view on who they would like to possibly be on the team..

Cuts-Brooks, Bethea

Free agents signed- WR Alshon Jeffery 4 yrs 52 Million, Dexter Mccluster 2 yrs 6 million

NFL DRAFT

Round 1-12th overall pick OLB out of Lousiville Devonte Fields- great pass rusher..i can see him dominating cfb this year getting about 15 sacks..plays in a 3-4 now so scheme shouldn't be a factor..

Round 2 ILB out of LSU Kendell Beckwith- great tackler and athlete..would look great next to Bowman..a lot of very talented ILBs in this draft I hope he slides

Round 3 TE out of Ole Miss Evan Engram- athletic kid who is a mismatch..Kelly will find a way to get him in space and burn LBs or S

Round 4 S out of Ole Miss Tony Conner-coming off a torn meniscus this year so I doubt he will be 100% and dominant like years before..which make him fall

Round 4 OLB out fo Texas A&M Deashon Hall-Garrett gets all the attention but Hall is a good player

Round 5 C out of Baylor Kyle Fuller- don't trust Kilgore staying healthy and Martin is ass..

I'm very hopeful (maybe too much) Kap turns it around and has a decent year under Kelly which grants him another year in his system..i also like Driskel a lot so hes the back up..as for Gabbert I'm not resigning him..This is Kaps year to prove hes worthy..i hope and can see him doing it..maybe I'm wrong but I have faith..

Not winning enough games to pick12th
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
I'll be surprised if we don't have a top 5 pick next year. I'll be even more surprised if Jeffery signs a deal for only $13 million a year unless he missed most of this season due to another injury. The cap is only going to go up and he'll be free to go wherever he wants after getting tagged this year.

5 years $75 million was tossed around as an idea for Jeffery's contract this offseason. If he stays healthy and the cap goes up, he will make more than that.

http://chi.247sports.com/Bolt/Former-sports-agent-predicts-Alshon-Jefferys-new-contract--44057557

yeah if he stays healthy hes going to be paid more..id pay him more..i think he would be very good in Kellys offense..same exact size as Jordan Mathews just not as fast..but probable better at high pointing the ball..id give him 5 years 75 million definitely
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Uh, kind of a draft-nick myself..Buuut 2017 mock before the 2016 season....Might need to spend more time with with the family.

Uh, I did it out of boredom..buuut your name is real cool..lmaooo

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

M. Garrett
J. Butt
G. Kiel

yeah all 3 would be nice to have but only thing is the niners would have to drafting in the top 2 to get Garrett..it would suck to be that bad but drafting Garrett would be great..
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Here's mine

1. Myles Garrett OLB
  2. Mason Rudolph QB
  3. Ethan Pocic C
  4. Travin Dural WR

I have to watch Rudolph..i haven't seen much of him..
Originally posted by LVJay:

Cuts-Brooks, Bethea

That extensions / resigns / cuts sounds about right, but I doubt Alshon nor Dexter ever happens... and Patton needs to shine this year or bye bye

Well I think someone said they have to spend a % of their cap space so id expect them to sign a big name at a position of need..if Kap fails I wouldn't be surprised to see them go for Taylor from Buffalo.. I agree about Patton..its his make or break year..and he finally have the PT to do show if he can play.
Originally posted by dsmith_49erz:

Cuts-Brooks, Bethea

NFL DRAFT

Not winning enough games to pick12th

I think they can..a lot of young untapped talent..i think the defense will be a lot better and the offense has to be better considering ive never seen worse then last years plus Kelly is a great offensive coach..i want to see how the great defenses in the west handle Kellys high tempo offense..it might benefit the niners..wonder how the eagles did against the west in past years...
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

M. Garrett
J. Butt
G. Kiel

yeah all 3 would be nice to have but only thing is the niners would have to drafting in the top 2 to get Garrett..it would suck to be that bad but drafting Garrett would be great..

I agree my biast fan voice says we can surprise people this year while my objective voice says we could have a top 5 pick next year.
Share 49ersWebzone