[ Edited by 49swaggER on Jan 14, 2011 at 9:48 PM ]
There are 685 users in the forums
MAV MOCK! 2011 v1.0
- 1 2
Jan 14, 2011 at 9:46 PM
- 49swaggER
- Veteran
- Posts: 46
It's not that i dont like/like it, it's just that there isnt a lot to judge. Only one free agent? Were there any niner free agents resigned or any released? No trades? I do like this as start though, definately headed in the right direction. Id be VERY happy with this draft!
Jan 14, 2011 at 9:59 PM
- mavfd9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 412
Originally posted by 49swaggER:
It's not that i dont like/like it, it's just that there isnt a lot to judge. Only one free agent? Were there any niner free agents resigned or any released? No trades? I do like this as start though, definately headed in the right direction. Id be VERY happy with this draft!
Haha good catch. I'm pretty redundant/repetitive when I write. I was just thinking about main FA acquisitions. Resigning Franklin needs to be a priority. I probably should have included that. Thanks for the feedback.
Jan 14, 2011 at 10:06 PM
- fan49
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,293
switch dalton for stanzi.....
i just dont see dalton having any talent or upside over stanzi
i just dont see dalton having any talent or upside over stanzi
Jan 15, 2011 at 8:40 AM
- YorkHater
- Veteran
- Posts: 307
Originally posted by fan49:
switch dalton for stanzi.....[b] i just dont see dalton having any talent or upside over stanzi
[/b]
Dalton has a bigger arm and is just as accurate....I Just dont get the stanzi love affair most of you have.
Jan 15, 2011 at 8:41 AM
- jreff22
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,413
Originally posted by fan49:
switch dalton for stanzi.....i just dont see dalton having any talent or upside over stanzi
with the amount of love Stanzi has been getting here I'm really betting we don't get him
[ Edited by jreff22 on Jan 15, 2011 at 8:49 AM ]
Jan 15, 2011 at 8:48 AM
- Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 67,136
Originally posted by jreff22:Originally posted by fan49:
switch dalton for stanzi.....i just dont see dalton having any talent or upside over stanzi
with the amount of live Stanzi has been getting here I'm really betting we don't get him
Does that mean hype??
Jan 15, 2011 at 8:49 AM
- jreff22
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,413
Originally posted by Kolohe:Originally posted by jreff22:Originally posted by fan49:
switch dalton for stanzi.....i just dont see dalton having any talent or upside over stanzi
with the amount of live Stanzi has been getting here I'm really betting we don't get him
Does that mean hype??
supposed to be "love"
Jan 15, 2011 at 8:50 AM
- Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 67,136
Originally posted by jreff22:Originally posted by Kolohe:Originally posted by jreff22:Originally posted by fan49:
switch dalton for stanzi.....i just dont see dalton having any talent or upside over stanzi
with the amount of live Stanzi has been getting here I'm really betting we don't get him
Does that mean hype??
supposed to be "love"

(love this smiley btw)
Jan 15, 2011 at 10:13 AM
- mavfd9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 412
Originally posted by fan49:
switch dalton for stanzi.....i just dont see dalton having any talent or upside over stanzi
I'm really not that big on Stanzi. I just feel Dalton has the most complete skill set out all the QB's in this draft class. Like I said in my original post if he was given a year under Harbaugh we might have someone really special. Whats most important is that he has the intangibles that are a must for any successful NFL QB.
Jan 15, 2011 at 12:06 PM
- Ice49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 289
Just to let you know the 49ers have 2 picks in the 4th , 6th and 7th rounds.
Jan 15, 2011 at 1:20 PM
- 52isabeast
- Veteran
- Posts: 211
I have the same 2 first round picks in my mock offseason that I am working on. I like the McNabb pick but think that he won't come here for some reason. I think he's gonna want to work with a stud WR (and tall to help with his accuracy issues) like Fitz in Arizona or maybe Rice in Minnesota.
I disagree with Dalton in the 3rd and would much rather have Stanzi in that spot. I know there's been some debate, but I'm sure that whoever it is Harbaugh will get the right guy. I just think that Stanzi is more polished in the pro style offense at Iowa (very similar to a WCO that Harbaugh will run) and I think he's gonna be a better pro. Better footwork and accuracy for Stanzi gives him the edge in my opinion.
The key will be how this draft plays out and in the end how it translates into our FA season. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with it, but I think we'll see Josh Johnson in here next year, a FA like Brady Quinn, and a rookie like Stanzi/Dalton. I don't think we'll get a big name necessarily. The front office is going to leave Harbaugh the option of coaching up the talent and then really looking at the QB's available next year.
I disagree with Dalton in the 3rd and would much rather have Stanzi in that spot. I know there's been some debate, but I'm sure that whoever it is Harbaugh will get the right guy. I just think that Stanzi is more polished in the pro style offense at Iowa (very similar to a WCO that Harbaugh will run) and I think he's gonna be a better pro. Better footwork and accuracy for Stanzi gives him the edge in my opinion.
The key will be how this draft plays out and in the end how it translates into our FA season. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with it, but I think we'll see Josh Johnson in here next year, a FA like Brady Quinn, and a rookie like Stanzi/Dalton. I don't think we'll get a big name necessarily. The front office is going to leave Harbaugh the option of coaching up the talent and then really looking at the QB's available next year.
Jan 15, 2011 at 11:16 PM
- GorefullBore
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,451
I love that draft. Especially the top three picks. Pince is a huge need, Beal would give us a needed pass rusher, and I am fully on the Dalton bandwagon, I think he could be our QB of the future.
Jan 16, 2011 at 9:06 AM
- canadian49erfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,472
If Beal is not there for us in the 2nd, what do you think about Casey Matthews with our second?
Jan 16, 2011 at 6:09 PM
- mavfd9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 412
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
If Beal is not there for us in the 2nd, what do you think about Casey Matthews with our second?
I think Matthews isn't a bad option at all. From what I see the big knock on him is his size (about 230lbs). But he has a great motor, displays natural leadership, and has solid worth ethic. I really like players who fit his mold. His brother was criticized for being undersized. So were successful pass rushers as Woodley and Dumberville. Plus he defiantly has NFL genes if that means anything.
Right now he's slotted to be a late first to mid second selection. Not a bad pick up at all for our 2nd IMO.
- 1 2