LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Who are you most excited to see play this week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It can be a rookie or veteran. For me, I'm looking forward to seeing what both Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati can do. Most of all, I'm anxious to see what WR Kyle Williams can offer. I've heard good things about him in camp so far.
The elephant in the room is Alex Smith but it to be honest I'm not going to put too much stock into his performance or lack thereof. Hell...Chase Daniel looked like a pro bowler today as did many other back ups and third stringers.

For me I'll be looking at playcalling, our seconday, and o line.
Taylor Mays
Agreed, the linemen. It's Davis and Iupati's first real taste of any kind of NFL competition.

Taylor Mays, too. I know he'll be hungry to make an impression. Not really worried about the rest of the cast. Game 1 is for the rookies.
davis, iupati, ginn, smith and mays
Originally posted by Joecool:
Taylor Mays
Ginn, Iupati, Davis, Baas(more curious than excited though), Williams, etc. Pretty much the whole team.
Everyone! I want to see Mays light it up. And I want to see Kyle Williams make plays. And baas better not sail one over smiths head
Originally posted by ION2814:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Taylor Mays

Iupati, Davis and Ginn
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
The elephant in the room is Alex Smith but it to be honest I'm not going to put too much stock into his performance or lack thereof. Hell...Chase Daniel looked like a pro bowler today as did many other back ups and third stringers.

For me I'll be looking at playcalling, our seconday, and o line.

co-signed

The first thing I would like to see some good run blocking from the rookie lineman Davis and Lupati , I want to get a look at Anthony Dixon , Ginn and Williams on offense. I have to add that I am curious about Brit Miller if he plays. On defense I want to see Bowman and Jean Francois and see how much progress Mays is making.

Punt and kick-off returns.
Iupati, Davis, Mays, Ginn

and Smith
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
1. Taylor Mays - Looking forward to seeing him play with more technique.

2. Ted Ginn - Hope he makes a good enough impression that he steals the #2 job from Morgan.

3. Mike Iupati - Just wanna see him beat up people.

4. Anthony Davis - History has shown the 11th pick in the draft almost is always an impact player. Hope Davis repeats history.

5. Glenn Coffee - He packed on about 15 pounds, hope it helps.

6. Reggie Smith - IMO, I think he can be better than Dashon Goldson, he just has to stay healthy.

7. Karl Paymah - Mike Singletary mentioned his speed, now lets see it!!!

8. Kyle Williams - Will we finally have someone that solidifies our PR duties??

9. Ricky Jean-Francois - I should actually put him higher on the list, cause I'm pretty anxious to see what hes got at NT.

10. Pass-Rush from our OLB's - Hope they bring it!!!!
personally, i think the best thing about preseason are the guys fighting for a roster spot, i am anxious to see our first rounders, but their roster spot isnt in jeopardy, im gonna be looking at the battle for 4th and 5th wr and fullback, among other guys putting it all out there to make the team
Originally posted by Kolohe:
1. Taylor Mays - Looking forward to seeing him play with more technique.

2. Ted Ginn - Hope he makes a good enough impression that he steals the #2 job from Morgan.

3. Mike Iupati - Just wanna see him beat up people.

4. Anthony Davis - History has shown the 11th pick in the draft almost is always an impact player. Hope Davis repeats history.

5. Glenn Coffee - He packed on about 15 pounds, hope it helps.

6. Reggie Smith - IMO, I think he can be better than Dashon Goldson, he just has to stay healthy.

7. Karl Paymah - Mike Singletary mentioned his speed, now lets see it!!!

8. Kyle Williams - Will we finally have someone that solidifies our PR duties??

9. Ricky Jean-Francois - I should actually put him higher on the list, cause I'm pretty anxious to see what hes got at NT.

10. Pass-Rush from our OLB's - Hope they bring it!!!!

That's a more complete list.
Share 49ersWebzone