LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

Vote: 49erswebzone.com 2009 Season Team MVP

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Vote: 49erswebzone.com 2009 Season Team MVP

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=141784

You are correct. We did forget this year. So here we go. Vote for the 49ers' 2009 Season MVP!
its gotta be Vernon
I'm gonna go with Vernon for 2 reasons:

1. All around great impact on the team he had this year. He come into his own and had one of the best seasons a TE could have.

2. Improvement. He went from just an "average" tight end to top of the league tight end. That improvement alone will help the 49ers exponentially.
The way I look at it is if you take one guy off the team who would be the most missed. I think without Willis they would of been a 3-13 team. The D was better then the O and Willis is the team leader. Davis was the Off MVP
  • mod
  • Veteran
yeee
I'ma have to go with our very own Ocho Cinco!
Vernon Davis
Gore is the MVP of this team the past 3 years. It's not your most talented player, it's your most VALUABLE. We lose to Seattle twice without Gore and his two 80+ yard runs.

Look at how we fared when Coffee was filling in.

Gore is the biggest reason we win games. We ride him for everything he's worth.

Frank gets my vote, and apparently only two percent of the other votes.
Vernon Davis, man. He took his career from "ok, pretty promising" to "HOLY CRAP THE CHOSEN ONE HAS ARRIVED!"

Sure, he has some drop issues. He's easily the 49ers most public figure, and based off of what we've seen, I'm confident he's going to do whatever it takes to fix the flaws in his game to become the best. PAY THIS MAN!
Wow this is messed up our TE as good as he is over our best player for the the last what 3 years. Willis may be the best player in football and the TE is leading in votes, my word.

How do you win games?

Answer. Defense

Whose the best player on our defense?

Answer. Patrick Willis

Why is he the best?

Answer. Many reasons but a big one is that he has A. FRANKLIN to eat up all the blocks that are intended for him. It alwas comes back to line.

A. Franklin is our most valuable player...
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Vernon Davis, man. He took his career from "ok, pretty promising" to "HOLY CRAP THE CHOSEN ONE HAS ARRIVED!"

Sure, he has some drop issues. He's easily the 49ers most public figure, and based off of what we've seen, I'm confident he's going to do whatever it takes to fix the flaws in his game to become the best. PAY THIS MAN!

I love that Davis stepped it up huge this year. That was the first draft in years in which the Niners got the guy that I wanted them to.

HOWEVER, Vernon still has to do more in my opinion. You're not going to convince me over one stellar season. A lot of players have those.

You're also not going to convince me when you drop a pass in the endzone against (Seattle I believe) in a crucial game.

Davis is in the "breakout" category for me, not the MVP. He's gotta repeat what he's done this year and show up at crucial times in the game.

Let's remember, 3 of his TD's were during a Texans blowout. Again, not hating. I just wanna see him do it again and do it better this year.
have co-mvp's: willis and gore
Offensive MVP: Vernon Davis
- Willing blocker, Redzone threat, improved hands , career stats and probowl

Defensive MVP: Justin Smith
-I know its a head scratcher, but without Justin Smith our D line would be at the bottom of the list for 3-4 teams. Justin opens up the rushing lane due to his constant double teams. I guarantee A. Franklin wouldn't have had the year he did without Justin. Lawson, Brooks, Haralson, Willis, Franklin, and all DB's can thank Justin for making their job easier. Dude just brings it on every play... he deserves MVP...Willis is a close 2nd. Probably should be MVP... but Justin deserves some recognition.
Gotta go with my number man...

For those who picked Bam Bam because without him we would have lost more games, the same thing could be applied to Davis. How many multiple TD games did he have last season? If he was out for significant amount of time the Offense would have come to a screeching halt over 80% of the season.

It should really be shared between Davis and Bam Bam though.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone