LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Schein: 49ers one of 9 teams that could be next year's Saints

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"Do you realize the Niners went 8-8? With all of the chaos and drama of the Michael Crabtree situation and the mediocre play at quarterback, San Francisco was able to win half of its games.

I am totally into this team. I believe Alex Smith can get better. He is committed to improving his craft. Frank Gore's presence eases the burden. Crabtree showed his worth in a short time and will greatly benefit from a full year. Mike Singletary's defense is strong. Is it too early to pick linebacker Patrick Willis as the Defensive Player of the Year next season?

General manager Scot McCloughan is always active. San Fran has a couple of picks in the upcoming draft. He will add an impact defensive player and offensive line help. Watch out for the Niners after a strong offseason."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/schein-9%3A-watch-out-for-falcons
nice

Superbowl
Superbowl
Superbowl
Championship.
Would be nice, but I'll believe it when I see it happen.
I love the optimism, but 9 teams is 1/4 of the league. Saying that 25% of the mediocre teams in football last year could greatly improve is not much of a stretch.

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I love the optimism, but 9 teams is 1/4 of the league. Saying that 25% of the mediocre teams in football last year could greatly improve is not much of a stretch.

LOL. With the 5 most popular picks, plus add in about half a dozen other already playoff caliber teams........this writer will have a 2/3 shot of being proven right.

Genius.
Originally posted by area49:
"Do you realize the Niners went 8-8? With all of the chaos and drama of the Michael Crabtree situation and the mediocre play at quarterback, San Francisco was able to win half of its games.

I am totally into this team. I believe Alex Smith can get better. He is committed to improving his craft. Frank Gore's presence eases the burden. Crabtree showed his worth in a short time and will greatly benefit from a full year. Mike Singletary's defense is strong. Is it too early to pick linebacker Patrick Willis as the Defensive Player of the Year next season?

General manager Scot McCloughan is always active. San Fran has a couple of picks in the upcoming draft. He will add an impact defensive player and offensive line help. Watch out for the Niners after a strong offseason."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/schein-9%3A-watch-out-for-falcons

Highlighted is why we can't be next year's Saints. Whoever is next year's Saints has to have next year's Drew Brees. And I think that team will still be the Saints with Drew Brees as quarterback.
1 of 9 teams? That is almost 1/3 of the entire league that could be next year's Saints.
General manager Scot McCloughan is always active?

WOW! Serious? Active in not drafting the players to fit our needs!! the last 2 years prove that to be a fact! Also the bonehead O-lineman signings.

McCloughan scares me & he should scare you!
Originally posted by wailers15:
General manager Scot McCloughan is always active?

WOW! Serious? Active in not drafting the players to fit our needs!! the last 2 years prove that to be a fact! Also the bonehead O-lineman signings.

McCloughan scares me & he should scare you!

but but, he says that McCloughan will draft an impact defensive player AND o-line help. You know, like he was going to do in previous years. I guess this year Scotty is really serious about it though.
Share 49ersWebzone