LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

The next best OG prospect to Iupati.....

There is always the possibility that Iupati will be taken by someone else before the Niners pick, so then what? One name that has been under the radar in the Zone is Mike Johnson OG Alabama. He is someone we should keep an eye on in the BCS Title game on Thursday. This kid is plenty good and should be there in the second round. Your thoughts...........
I like Mike Johnson a lot. I think he could be our starting LG the moment he walked into the facility.
I think converted tackles Vlad Ducasse or Ciron Black should be given strong consideration. Either that or Mitch Petrus in the 3rd.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Johnson in the 2nd sounds good.
I like the Pouncey twins.

Mike would be a good target in round 2.
If Iupati is gone or we pass on him (which would piss me off ), I wouldn't mind Jon Asamoah.
Originally posted by GoFD74:
I think converted tackles Vlad Ducasse or Ciron Black should be given strong consideration. Either that or Mitch Petrus in the 3rd.

You don't see Vlad playing RT in the pros?
The Pouncey twin that's a guard is pretty good too
I didn't pay much attention to him last year, but I can recall reading at least two draft analysts that gave some credit to Johnson for helping to make Andre Smith a first round pick in 09. For what it's worth.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jan 5, 2010 at 3:32 PM ]
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
The Pouncey twin that's a guard is pretty good too

Mike Pouncey is a good one, if he declares, i see him in the 2nd rd range.

I am hoping Haden falls to us kinda like Crabtree, then take Iupati with the second pick. if haden not there we take iupati and spiller
Mike Pouncey (OG) said he would only come out if he got a 2nd round grade or higher. His brother Maurkice (C) could be a top 20-25 pick if he decides to come out.

Petrus in the 3rd
Originally posted by jreff22:

Petrus in the 3rd

Given our propensity for giving other teams disgarded tackles who become good guards, what about converting Boone to Guard. Do you think that would work, and
save us having to draft one if we can't get Iupati? He's definitely a big enough body,
and doesn't he have a nasty streak in him?

I really hope we don't go after someone in FA, or draft someone to high and pay them to much.
Share 49ersWebzone