LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

Good Chance of a Wild Card if We Win Out

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For Both, we have to win out

1. Division - Cards have to lose 2/3, and they're playing GB, DET, and STL. Unlikely they lose to STL or DET.

2. Wild Card - Cowboys have to lose 2/3, Giants lose one more game, and the Falcons lose one more game.

In all honesty, the wild card seems more likely. The Falcons play the Jets, Buffalo, and Tampa, The Giants play the skins, carolina, and minnesota, and the cowboys play NO, WAS, and PHI.

Good chance Dallas chokes in DEC, playing two excellent teams and one team playing very well right now (WAS). The Giants simply aren't that good either, nor are the Falcons.

The chances of the Giants and the Falcons winning out is under 50%, same for the Cowboys beating Minnesota and New Orleans.

So if we win out, we could be blessed with a #6 seed and a rematch against either Philly or the Cards.
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
Let's just concentrate on each game at a time and focus on ourselves. Like sing and davis both said, if we just do our job then we'll let the NFL do the rest.
that's a HUGE, GARGANTUAN "if".
Just win now mentality*.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
that's a HUGE, GARGANTUAN "if".

Making the point that if we win out, we won't be mathematically eliminated until after week 16 at the earliest.
i still think one of those games from earlier in the year will keep us out of the playoffs
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
i still think one of those games from earlier in the year will keep us out of the playoffs

The Seahawks game
Originally posted by King49er:

The Seahawks game

we still have a chance though, I want to make the playoffs so bad man

I really hope we beat philly, we need to

The Seahawks game

that gm, vikings gm, texans gm, colts gm, titans gm am i missing anymore???? we shot ourselves in the foot this season.
well i guess we can put this debate to rest this sunday if we lose to philly, that is the biggest test to make any of these assumptions a reality.

Beat Philly then talk to me.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:

One game at a time.
Originally posted by sacniner:

Im with you on this... all this math is for not if we cant beat philly. However if we do win out, Atlanta dropping one game is a good chance, Giants dropping a game is possible and with Romo wetting the bed in December, the cowboys dropping 2 games is almost a sure thing.

No the thing that makes it great for us is that if we were to win out we would win the tie breaker with any other 9-7 team, but the thing that really bakes my noodle is that "if" (very big "if") we win out and Arizona drops 2 out of the next 3, not only would we win the west but the cards wouldn't even make a wild card spot.
Faithful is Believing!

The Seahawks game

that and favre's hail mary miracle throw. that game still haunts me.
Share 49ersWebzone