LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Help: Breaston or Olsen?

Help: Breaston or Olsen?

• 4ML
  • Veteran
I'm in one of the Webzone PPR leagues, and have a flex position (W/R/T) and can't decide whether to start Breaston or Olsen...?

Reasons why I can't decide on Breaston:
1. Breaston has been injured in the pre-season and though he is healthy to start against niners, he looked a little lost in the last pre-season game.

2. But, he usually does well against the Niners since our CBs do well against Boldin and Fitz. And, he returns punts and we have points for return yards in the league

Reasons why I can't decide on Olsen:
1. 1st game with Cutler at QB, so a lot of uncertainty. Not sure how much of a factor he will be in the first game with a new QB.

2. But, Green Bay has the best CB tandem in the NFL in my opinion. Bears have the worst starting WRs in the league. Cutler will have to go to Olsen and Forte, right, right?

Would love to get the feedback with each vote.

Thanks
you get no help!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I would start anyone playing against the 49ers passing defense.

Plus it's a tight end vs a wide receiver. A good day for a tight end is 3 catches for 50 yards, which is a mediocre day for a wide receiver.

Help me here....

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=129438
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

Plus it's a tight end vs a wide receiver. A good day for a tight end is 3 catches for 50 yards, which is a mediocre day for a wide receiver.

Help me here....

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Breaston, and would have started him without question if he wasn't injured.

I still believe Olsen will avg. 5 catches a week, and will score a TD every other week on average. Not sure Breaston will be consistent or score a lot of TDs.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
you get no help!

lol...I'm not playin' you this week, Donovan. The week I play you, I won't need help.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Help me here....

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Breaston, and would have started him without question if he wasn't injured.

I still believe Olsen will avg. 5 catches a week, and will score a TD every other week on average. Not sure Breaston will be consistent or score a lot of TDs.

80 catches and 8 TD's for Olsen

Good luck with that one. Those are Antonio Gates/Jason Witten numbers.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Help me here....

80 catches and 8 TD's for Olsen

Good luck with that one. Those are Antonio Gates/Jason Witten numbers.

Yeup, he can put those numbers if he is Cutler's primary target imo. I think I said 80 catches 800 yards and 8 TDs when I drafted him, and I'm stickin' with that prediction.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Any other thoughts?
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Hmmm, this is a tough one. I think it's a win-win situation. Both players are going to produce. If I had to choose, I'd go with Olsen. I think he will be Cutlers main target. Besides, Bears WR's are pretty garbage. I'm not a 100% sure on this, but I believe the Pack had a tough time covering TE's last year. At least from the few games I watched them play.
you get no help!

lol...I'm not playin' you this week, Donovan. The week I play you, I won't need help.

Oh you will pay for that remark, you will pay........

• 4ML
  • Veteran
you get no help!

Oh you will pay for that remark, you will pay........

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dino:
Hmmm, this is a tough one. I think it's a win-win situation. Both players are going to produce. If I had to choose, I'd go with Olsen. I think he will be Cutlers main target. Besides, Bears WR's are pretty garbage. I'm not a 100% sure on this, but I believe the Pack had a tough time covering TE's last year. At least from the few games I watched them play.

Yeah, I keep changing my mind. I'll look closely at Boldin's situation. He will most likely play, but if he has a nagging injury, Breaston may get more passes his way.
Share 49ersWebzone