Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CRH49:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
In the words of a great 49er fan...
" Crabtree will sign with the 49ers and will score many Touchdowns for us"

I agree

I respectfully disagree.

Now get back to posting where you belong. You know what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by pdxredandgold:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
My birthday is tomorrow, one day after Crabtree's.

let me guess, you want the same amount of presents Crabtree got even though your birthday is a day later?

My grandmother gave me a check for $20 and I told her I wouldn't be her grandson until she gave me a check for $50, which is what I deserved based on my abilities as a grandson.

Way to hold out. MC would be proud.
Originally posted by mac707g:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
There talking about changing the offer. It better be for less.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4473245

After they won on the road against the NFC champs they certainly wouldn't be increasing their offer.

I mentioned this earlier and no matter if SOME here don't want to believe it or not... it made more sense for Craptree and his camp to privatly be pulling for the the 9ers to lose to Cards as in their "silly lttle minds" the 9ers and us fan's would yell louder to get Craptree signed after a loss.

I would almost bet Craptree and his camp held that hope vs them rooting for 9ers to win.

Yes, I think Craptree is a "me" player until he proves otherwise.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
i think it's definitely over now. if the 49ers are lowering their offer then that tells me they dont really want him on their team anyway.

good luck crabs, hope your not throwing your career away before it ever started

Why do they have to be lowering their number? All I heard was they could be modifying the deal. They could be adding an additional year to make up for the lost of this season. I'm trying to look at things from a half full approach.

after beating the team that won the division the last few years and went to the superbowl last year, without crabtree, why would they raise the offer? raising the offer right now, after crabtree already lost a game check would make them appear weak, dont kid yourself, the offer will go down, probably after every game he misses too. the glass is half full, why would we give even more money to someone who doesnt wanna join the team and help us win? 49ers fan first bro, dont let your emotions and the possibility of crabtree signing get bigger than your love of the niners. you'll lose yourself...

agreed. it lowers the amount of a game check each week i assume....
knbr saying they lowered the offer, guess crabtree gonna sit the year and niners are just fine with it... i think they have moved on.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
More from the Silver article:

Quote:
A team source says the 49ers are willing to give Crabtree incentives that push the deal “up to a dollar less” than the package the Packers gave ninth overall pick B.J. Raji(notes) (a reported five-year, $28.5 million pact with just under $18 million in guaranteed money), “but we won’t go over that.

thats more then fair
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
i think it's definitely over now. if the 49ers are lowering their offer then that tells me they dont really want him on their team anyway.

Why do they have to be lowering their number? All I heard was they could be modifying the deal. They could be adding an additional year to make up for the lost of this season. I'm trying to look at things from a half full approach.

yeah it doesnt say if we are lowering or upping the contract, so lets see what happens from here

Silver said we are lowing the offer.

I didn't know Silver got a copy of the letter. JK

I'm just wonder if they could add an additional year and up the signing bonus. This would give the niners something they want (extended contract) and Crabtree something he wants (more money up front). This does nothing to hurt the niners PR position as it is well known that longer contract come with higher signing bonus. It also makes crabtree feel like he did accomplish with his holdout even though it would be more an advantage to have him under contract longer.

No way he goes for more years on the contract. More money's to be made on his next contract (assuming he performs). If he does accept a longer contract, then you've got to wonder if he has doubts about his ability to compete at this level.
I've GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Michael Crabtree is holding out so that he may attend the Texas Longhorns VS Texas Tech Red Raiders game.

It makes sense to me. If he were under contract he would be obligated to stay in the Bay Saturday night. So I Believe he will sign Monday September 21, 2009. He just wants to party!!!!!!!!

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:

After they won on the road against the NFC champs they certainly wouldn't be increasing their offer.

Because our offense looked so good right? I wouldn't be surprised if they offered a little more.

uh, our passing game didn't look bad at all. is michael crabtree going to play offensive lineman now?

He'll make it a lot easier on the line if he's out there. They won't be able to keep stacking the box. They'll have to respect his ability as a WR.

No they don't. He hasn't played a down in the NFL and wasn't even in camp. If teams didn't respect Bruce (who is better than Crabtree right now) thay won't respect the fact that Crabtree is in the game. The whole 8 or 9 in the box thing is more that the other team doesn't respect the QB to make a long play then the reciever getting open down field.
Originally posted by BigMar:

I mentioned this earlier and no matter if SOME here don't want to believe it or not... it made more sense for Craptree and his camp to privatly be pulling for the the 9ers to lose to Cards as in their "silly lttle minds" the 9ers and us fan's would yell louder to get Craptree signed after a loss.

I would almost bet Craptree and his camp held that hope vs them rooting for 9ers to win.

I just saved you the trouble of quoting yourself.

Originally posted by ninerfreak:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

after beating the team that won the division the last few years and went to the superbowl last year, without crabtree, why would they raise the offer? raising the offer right now, after crabtree already lost a game check would make them appear weak, dont kid yourself, the offer will go down, probably after every game he misses too. the glass is half full, why would we give even more money to someone who doesnt wanna join the team and help us win? 49ers fan first bro, dont let your emotions and the possibility of crabtree signing get bigger than your love of the niners. you'll lose yourself...

agreed. it lowers the amount of a game check each week i assume....

Actually I am a niner fan above all. Making a guy sign a 6 year deal instead of a 5 year deal actually benefits the team more than the player.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

NOOOOO!!!! WHY'D YOU DO THAT? Now he's just going to start a thread with his new "thoughts."

+1
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by PTulini:
I'm still positive the 49ers and Michael Crabtree will get a deal done soon! I think its going to happen, its only a matter of time.

Why?

Because he's a homer.

Alright, I'm not gonna lie... THAT THING SCARES THE s**t OUT OF ME!
Share 49ersWebzone