LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Will The 49ers Sign Micheal Crabtree This Year

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will The 49ers Sign Micheal Crabtree This Year

I think this is a fair poll...it's less than 2 weeks away and the reports are that the 49ers and Crabtree are far away from getting a contract done.

What do you guys think? Have we lost him, or will there be a last minute signing. The NFL Season begins in 1 week.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for brucesf49.
another post wont hurt.....

search how many there are

i like this one

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=128747&highlight=crabtree

[ Edited by brucesf49 on Sep 2, 2009 at 23:19:48 ]
Originally posted by brucesf49:

this is a poll to see how much faith has been lost in this whole ordeal, there is just over a week left before the season starts
Originally posted by King49er:

this is a poll to see how much faith has been lost in this whole ordeal, there is just over a week left before the season starts

i get it...just done with it. its just dumb now

i like this one

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=128747&highlight=crabtree

that thread isn't a poll
They'll more than likely get something done before the opener.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
I just don't see it happening
I voted he'll get signed, but at this point I would have liked a third choice: WHO CARES?

Nobody seems to know what this idiot is thinking or what his game plan is. If he's too dumb to take millions of dollars in guaranteed money because his widdle feelings are all hurt and he's having a hissy fit, keep the money for next year's two Number One's and remember: if he ever plays in the NFL sooner or later he'll have to play the 49ers and I hope they have long, ugly memories.
Originally posted by Dino:
I just don't see it happening

yeah im kind of on the fence right now but i dont really see it happening anymore. i dont see anything changing from the 9ers point of view. if he is really this dumb than theres nothing we can do.
as talented as this guy MAY be... he sure is coming off as a money hungry, greedy diva like player. approximately 15-16 million in guaranteed money and the guy wants what DHB got, or more. I don't think i'd even want a guy like Crabtree on the 49ers.

If we could get a compensatory pick for next year in the 1st round, i say we take it in a heartbeat. I'm sure there will be plenty of talented players, if not more talented than Crabtree coming out next season that will be more than happy to sign a $20 mill contract.

Screw Crabtree. Now he looks like an idiot not only to the 49ers organization, but to the rest of the NFL. He's the only one left and he's got no more leverage.

how many crabtree threads do we need?! if he signs he signs if he doesnt he doesnt
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
how many crabtree threads do we need?! if he signs he signs if he doesnt he doesnt

Really? Is that how it works?

I personally would ideally like to get a mulligan (get out first round pick back, dump Cashtree); yet each day, the idea of just dropping, Crabtree begins to seem more and more appealing.

Don't give me that "when he scores touchdowns, it'll change talk", I was weary of his character when we signed him, and now he's looking like a downright cancer.

[ Edited by IDontGetNaked on Sep 3, 2009 at 01:29:03 ]
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:

Really? Is that how it works?

I personally would ideally like to get a mulligan (get out first round pick back, dump Cashtree); yet each day, the idea of just dropping, Crabtree begins to seem more and more appealing.

Sorry. There's no crying in baseball and no mulligans in the NFL. Either we sign him or we don't. There's no do-over and no compensatory pick. The Niners would just have to suck on it for choosing a stupid jerk.

The fact that the Niners haven't pulled their offer off the table, closed negotiations and told Cashtree (I like that!) to have a nice life and don't forget to supersize those fries tells me they're trying to give this dope every chance to come to his senses and sign.

But if he doesn't then like Don Rumsfeld would say, we'll just have to play with the wide receivers we have and not the ones we'd like to have.

I hope not. We didn't need a wr, and now there's just no need for him. he won't contribute at all even if he does get signed by Monday, which is what is being leaked out. I hope not. i hope the 49ers brass don't budge and set a tone across the league.
Things looked way worse for Andre Smith & all it took was one phone call for him to get done & into camp. I think thats what will happen here sometime within a week.
Share 49ersWebzone