There are 206 users in the forums

Our Defense feeling they need to score TDs for us... :(

Shop Find 49ers gear online
still Nate should have known to go down or out of bounds..with how much time was left on the clock....but for some reason i have a feeling any of our defenders would have did the same thing.... they are so desperate for us to score points because our offense isn't.

our offense just scored 7 points all game....defense and yes Nate had a great game most of the game....but this is where players start to do too much to make up for others and it backfires.
That play might encapsulate the entire season.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
still Nate should have known to go down or out of bounds..with how much time was left on the clock....but for some reason i have a feeling any of our defenders would have did the same thing.... they are so desperate for us to score points because our offense isn't.

our offense just scored 7 points all game....defense and yes Nate had a great game most of the game....but this is where players start to do too much to make up for others and it backfires.

He didn't feel like he had to do too much, he was looking for personal stats. A JV junior high player knows that if you fall on the ball at that point the game is over.
They do!
Originally posted by tarheelniner:

He didn't feel like he had to do too much, he was looking for personal stats. A JV junior high player knows that if you fall on the ball at that point the game is over.

there was still almost 2:00 mins left...I don't remember how many TO the Falcons had...but either way, he did make a huge amazing INT that he jumped out of his shoes for....

but like I said, any other offense...I see him going out of bounce...our offense..."man lets put this this sh1t away"

and I don't think it will end here...I see more mistakes from others on offense and defense...just trying to do too much, from this week forward.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

That same JV player would tell you that the game wouldn't be over because they had all their time outs. Ya ok he goes down maybe we make first down then its over. But the Falcons didn't really need any timeouts to drive down from their 10. thats sad
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

That same JV player would tell you that the game wouldn't be over because they had all their time outs. Ya ok he goes down maybe we make first down then its over. But the Falcons didn't really need any timeouts to drive down from their 10. that's sad. I think the real issue with Clements is ball security
Originally posted by KID9R:

That same JV player would tell you that the game wouldn't be over because they had all their time outs. Ya ok he goes down maybe we make first down then its over. But the Falcons didn't really need any timeouts to drive down from their 10. that's sad. I think the real issue with Clements is ball security

The problem was ball security. Of course, how often do defensive players really get to work ball security though?

On the flip side though, Nate Clements is supposedly one of those versatile players who can field punts and, back in the day, played a little offense. HE should know better! Especially as a veteran.

It's not entirely his fault though. Our defense is touted as the strength of our team and we had them at their 10 with a minute left to play.

there was still almost 2:00 mins left...I don't remember how many TO the Falcons had...but either way, he did make a huge amazing INT that he jumped out of his shoes for....

but like I said, any other offense...I see him going out of bounce...our offense..."man lets put this this sh1t away"

and I don't think it will end here...I see more mistakes from others on offense and defense...just trying to do too much, from this week forward.

I think they had 3 time-outs
Nah. He was just in traffic and the ball got knocked lose. He carries the ball like Delanie Walker... That's bound to happen when you carry it like that.

in defense of Clements you may have a point
but it doesn't explain the fumble, good players rarely fumble the ball
See frank gore : he treated his fumbleitis with the help of (who else on this fvking coaching staff) tom rathman, someone who knows how to handle the ball
Apparently the defense coaches don't do the same ...
They DO need to score for us.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Nah. He was just in traffic and the ball got knocked lose. He carries the ball like Delanie Walker... That's bound to happen when you carry it like that.

Yes
Originally posted by Five4Five:
They DO need to score for us.

This. Bc Alexis smith can barely score 7 pts the entire game.

we had the lead. the D didn't NEED to score at all, and if Clements thought so, then he's even dumber than I thought.
Share 49ersWebzone