LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Official: I'm a San Francisco 49ers Fan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The thread title may seem ridiculous, but the topic isn't.

I've been wanting to write this thread for a while yet had no time to do so. I understand that these forums are for everyone to do give their own individual opinions. I don't want to stop that from happening. But what I am sick and tired of is our own fans fighting each other over certain players.

I am first and foremost a 49ers fan. I have, do, and will get attached to certain players and hope and pray they become 49er-lifers. But while players may change, one thing remains a constant: these players play for the San Francisco 49ers.

I could care less whether it's Shaun Hill or Alex Smith that's the starting quarterback come game 1 this 2009 regular season. All I want is for whoever it is to play their hearts out and, hopefully, finally get us back into playoff contention. The 49ers as a whole is what I care about, and it is disheartening every time I hear people talk down about the 49ers.

So, this thread is for those of you who are like me and just want the 49ers to win, regardless what our depth chart may look like.
  • GeecheeNiner
  • Info N/A
Amen brother! I approve this message

PD
Originally posted by djb49:

I've been wanting to write this thread for a while yet had no time to do so. I understand that these forums are for everyone to do give their own individual opinions. I don't want to stop that from happening. But what I am sick and tired of is our own fans fighting each other over certain players.

I am first and foremost a 49ers fan. I have, do, and will get attached to certain players and hope and pray they become 49er-lifers. But while players may change, one thing remains a constant: these players play for the San Francisco 49ers.

I could care less whether it's Shaun Hill or Alex Smith that's the starting quarterback come game 1 this 2009 regular season. All I want is for whoever it is to play their hearts out and, hopefully, finally get us back into playoff contention. The 49ers as a whole is what I care about, and it is disheartening every time I hear people talk down about the 49ers.

So, this thread is for those of you who are like me and just want the 49ers to win, regardless what our depth chart may look like.

Been trying to get that point across for almost my entire time here.Some people tend to root for players more than the team...sign of the times I guess.

Nice post by the way.
And when one QB loses the game, be prepared.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Be prepared for what? one QB cannot lose a game by himself ......... 11 players on each side of the ball.

I am in full agreement with the original post here. I am a fan of the red and gold. the players will change, but the team is what I/we root for!
  • NinerFaninIndy83
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by erndoogie46:

Be prepared for what? one QB cannot lose a game by himself ......... 11 players on each side of the ball.

I am in full agreement with the original post here. I am a fan of the red and gold. the players will change, but the team is what I/we root for!

Def. agree good post, but dude a bad QB can lose a game for you, hopefully this could be the 1st year in a while we wont have to worry about that situation.
Originally posted by djb49:

Your always going to have fans that don't like a certain player. Think of Kwame Harris, Kevin Barlow, Tim Rattay and tell me that at least one of these guys didn't piss you off as a fan.

This is a Fan Forum message board where people are free to discuss players they like and ones they don't. That doesn't make them less of a 49ers fan. In fact, I think it makes them more of a Niners fan then folks that just blindly follow the team...
Originally posted by erndoogie46:

One QB can lose the game if you by chance watch JT O'Sullivan try to hold a football last season.

In any case, go cheer for the team. But that isnt going to change the fact that there will be threads critiquing only certain players and how they affect the "team".
  • mod
  • Veteran
every month...
If their wearing a 49ers Jersey ..their one of ours and need our support, thats the way I've always seen it, and I'm not the only one, lotta zoners bleed maroon and gold

TRY THE SEARCH FUNCTION....or
OLD!!!....or

I concur !!!!! 49ers are 49ers. and im all for a thread that promotes positiveness and cant be infiltrated by trolls (look above).
We are all 49ers. We just forget that sometimes.
49ers give 49ers breaks
49ers give 49ers help
49ers give 49ers support!

Here's to an 49ers dominated season and 49ers supported run to the championship!
Thank you!!!!
  • gore4prez
  • Info N/A
I even defended Mike Nolan out of blind faith man I hear you .....The whole Shaun Hill Alex Smith thing is a really legit argument though. And I think one of the reasons the Zone is here, is because it is a place where we can argue about stuff. I had some guys totally talk !@#$ because they did not agree with my opinion. But on Sunday everybody that comes to the Zone is rooting for the same team.
I know what your saying about people talking down about the niners. You have to look at it this way. It puts the team at an advantage. The easiest way to have a bust out season if for teams to have you marked off as a win. Media attention can definitely backfire. We really don't need espn breaking down our teams strategies and techniques. I'd rather they take the league by surprise.
Share 49ersWebzone