2 TRADED FOR A 1ST ROUND PICK NEXT SEASON

3 (74) Glen Coffee / RB Alabama

5 (146) Scott McKillop / ILB Pittsburgh

5 (171) Nate Davis / QB Ball State

6 (184) Bear Pascoe / TE Fresno State

7 (219) Curtis Taylor / S LSU

7 (244) Ricky Jean-Francois / NT LSU
[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Apr 28, 2009 at 11:06 PM ]
I'll give it an A. I really like this draft. I did prefer Mike Reilly over Nate Davis, but oh well.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
D

As I said in another thread...absolute garbage draft for a team that needs way more help than homers will admit.
D+/C-

I am flabbergasted. Did anybody predict that we could go through this entire draft without drafting a single O-lineman or pass rusher? (with a 7th round pick to go)

We're all backtracking now that this is/ was a weak draft overall, but at no point was the timing there or BPA there who happened to be an O-lineman or pass rusher?

I thought that the consensus was we needed help at the anchors and edges?

What the hell?
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
I'll give it an A. I really like this draft. I did prefer Mike Reilly over Nate Davis, but oh well.

We could have made some moves on the line and a pass rush but its a decent draft.
  • TowelBoy
  • Info N/A
If Crabtree had gone at #4, #5, #7, or #8 like 98% of the country thought (props MadDog), this draft would be a C- at best. I voted B.
[ Edited by TowelBoy on Apr 26, 2009 at 3:47 PM ]
Originally posted by kray28:
D

As I said in another thread...absolute garbage draft for a team that needs way more help than homers will admit.

What do we need besides a NT and MAYBE a tackle?
Quote:
D

so what made you feel that you had to say it again. Michael Crabtree is the best player in the nation. We get another #1 next season. That alone is a very good draft. Everyone else is just gravy. Get over your negativity.
[ Edited by ezrider on Apr 26, 2009 at 3:49 PM ]
  • TowelBoy
  • Info N/A
D

Does the fact that we were often linked to drafting Maybin or Orakpo answer this question for you?
DEf an A. Morons in this forum think we don't have a pass rush, but we do. Two first next year give us a great chance to move up in the first and get that franchise QB. Very good move there. Tebow, McCoy, OR Bradford. Great move.

• TowelBoy
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ezrider:
Quote:
D

so what made you feel that you had to say it again. Michael Crabtree is the best player in the nation. We get another #1 next season. That alone is a very good draft. Everyone else is just gravy. Get over your negativity.

There is some truth to this. Hence the B from me even though everything after the first four hours had me scratching my head.
as much as i hate mccluless there is not a stud d lineman in this whole draft.
Originally posted by TowelBoy:
D

Does the fact that we were often linked to drafting Maybin or Orakpo answer this question for you?

We were linked to Maybin and Orakpo because they would have been the BPA if Crabtree hadn't fell to 10. Crabtree falls to 10, so we take him because he's the BPA.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
D

Possibly someone we can plug in as a FB in addition to an NT and OT
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
DEf an A. Morons in this forum think we don't have a pass rush, but we do. Two first next year give us a great chance to move up in the first and get that franchise QB. Very good move there. Tebow, McCoy, OR Bradford. Great move.

Share 49ersWebzone