There are 269 users in the forums

Steve Young Interview

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Steve Young Interview with Ralph Barberri
http://www.knbr.com/common/global_audio/201/12429.mp3
Cant listen to it, summary anyone?
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
He doesn’t actually say much about the 49ers. The interview is more about quarterbacking in general. He talks alot about QB accuracy and he's critical of Cutler and Delhomme; saying those guys need to know how to stop the bleeding. Regarding Shaun Hill, he says his teammates genuinely respect him, and that’s huge. He says the 49ers right now are all about playing great defense, stay in the game, make a couple plays in the 4th quarter, and hang on for the win. That’s just who they are right now. He says the 9ers can beat Seattle, but it’s gonna be tough.
i miss watching Steve Young
Originally posted by Lifer:
He doesn’t actually say much about the 49ers. The interview is more about quarterbacking in general. He talks alot about QB accuracy and he's critical of Cutler and Delhomme; saying those guys need to know how to stop the bleeding. Regarding Shaun Hill, he says his teammates genuinely respect him, and that’s huge. He says the 49ers right now are all about playing great defense, stay in the game, make a couple plays in the 4th quarter, and hang on for the win. That’s just who they are right now. He says the 9ers can beat Seattle, but it’s gonna be tough.

I respect Steve, but how can we be content to just RELY on our Defense. We've got some TOUGH competition ahead of us and that is just BEGGING for a place for the team to park their butts come the Postseason.

And to answer a question posed by kronik in a locked thread. I've been here an I'm gonna continue to keep it real.

Some people said we have no pass rush. As I pointed out, I could care less about sacks. Gimme TURNOVERS an I'll be happy. Last Sunday we got both. So apparently we had a pass rush all along.

But we can't just be content relying on the Defense. It's nice but not good enough. For me at least.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

I respect Steve, but how can we be content to just RELY on our Defense. We've got some TOUGH competition ahead of us and that is just BEGGING for a place for the team to park their butts come the Postseason.

And to answer a question posed by kronik in a locked thread. I've been here an I'm gonna continue to keep it real.

Some people said we have no pass rush. As I pointed out, I could care less about sacks. Gimme TURNOVERS an I'll be happy. Last Sunday we got both. So apparently we had a pass rush all along.

But we can't just be content relying on the Defense. It's nice but not good enough. For me at least.

~Ceadder

he didnt build the team, he's just stating it like it is. thats pretty much our team man. nothing spectacular on offense but we have a pretty solid defense. i think the last time our offense actually had enough of a cushion in the 4th corner to just kneel and run off the clock was two years ago against the raider, or was that three years ago. all of our wins are nail biters till the last seconds. we have a good defense, could turn out to be special if they continue to pass rush like they did last week but the offense needs some work.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

~Ceadder

he didnt build the team, he's just stating it like it is. thats pretty much our team man. nothing spectacular on offense but we have a pretty solid defense. i think the last time our offense actually had enough of a cushion in the 4th corner to just kneel and run off the clock was two years ago against the raider, or was that three years ago. all of our wins are nail biters till the last seconds. we have a good defense, could turn out to be special if they continue to pass rush like they did last week but the offense needs some work.

What about last year when we were up on the rams by 4 TD's at halftime, IIRC?

~Ceadder

i don't think he is content, but he knows it is what has to be done. it gives us the best chance to win.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

~Ceadder

oops, k forgot about that one save for that game and maybe one other just for the sake of argument. i dont think we do that very often was the point im tryin to make
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

~Ceadder

oops, k forgot about that one save for that game and maybe one other just for the sake of argument. i dont think we do that very often was the point im tryin to make

The last "cushiony" game I can remember was against the Lions last year when we won 31-13.. That was so nice how we were able to score TD's so easily.. I want us to have some more games like that this season..

~Ceadder

Look you are not going to see perfect executition week one from a brand new Offense.You have to rely on what is best until the rest catch up. We had a poor D in the 1st half of the season. We will see a better O every week. Except maybe Minnesota. I guess it was the SB hangover that caused zona to lose the game and not That Swarming D!
Share 49ersWebzone