There are 195 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Antonio Cesaro is right there, Heyman could get that dude over with the quickness

would've been a great choice to be a Heyman client
Originally posted by Fincham11:
I read that The Rock and Triple H are both huge supporters of Curtis Axel.

not saying that he won't be great, but WWE writers did a terrible job really selling him after the way HHH collapsed

So is Bret Hart. He wants him to end Undertakers streak (not that it will ever happen).

I think it was a good move, dude has some skill and in time could be huge. It will probably take a nice lengthy heel run then a face turn just like his dad.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

So is Bret Hart. He wants him to end Undertakers streak (not that it will ever happen).

I think it was a good move, dude has some skill and in time could be huge. It will probably take a nice lengthy heel run then a face turn just like his dad.

I can't think of anyone who will be tasked to end the streak. That is if Taker agrees to it first.
anybody can end takers streak just to make that nobody an uber heel.

That's the only reason that I thought Punk was going to win. He would've been the most hated WWE wrestler ever.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

That's the only reason that I thought Punk was going to win. He would've been the most hated WWE wrestler ever.

If we go with that logic it would be John Cena. Fans already give him s**t. So, what would it really matter? I think it is more than possible that someone will break the streak, and if creative understood that, used that, they could make somebody a helluva player. I really think you can write an angle that would work for both the Taker and "X wrestler" to break the streak, but also continue it. The key is removing the streak from the Taker and placing it on a new younger guy to struggle on with. There are so many possibilities with this, but they won't do that. WWE, wrestling writers in general, tend to run a storyline until it goes into the ground, and then keep running it further.

To me, you find a guy with charisma, talent, excellent mic skills, medium wrestling ability, and you build them slowly over a 3-5 year period. Then you put him in the role of a lifetime, the man to beat the Undertaker. As I said, however, he doesn't just beat the Undertaker, he inherits the streak. I think it could work.
[ Edited by fropwns on May 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by jrg:

I like the shoutout in the theme to his dad.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

If we go with that logic it would be John Cena. Fans already give him s**t. So, what would it really matter? I think it is more than possible that someone will break the streak, and if creative understood that, used that, they could make somebody a helluva player. I really think you can write an angle that would work for both the Taker and "X wrestler" to break the streak, but also continue it. The key is removing the streak from the Taker and placing it on a new younger guy to struggle on with. There are so many possibilities with this, but they won't do that. WWE, wrestling writers in general, tend to run a storyline until it goes into the ground, and then keep running it further.

To me, you find a guy with charisma, talent, excellent mic skills, medium wrestling ability, and you build them slowly over a 3-5 year period. Then you put him in the role of a lifetime, the man to beat the Undertaker. As I said, however, he doesn't just beat the Undertaker, he inherits the streak. I think it could work.

It would have to be someone relatively new with those characteristics as Taker started his streak pretty early in his WWF/E career. May be difficult given that gimmicks dont hold much heat with the crowd as they use to. And with all the backstage politics, HHH will prolly just squash said budding superstar.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Ya..thats basically why hes here

I heard he is pretty damn good though too...so we'll see
  • jrg
  • Veteran
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/272781-jim-ross-meeting-with-nflpa-concerning-relationship-with-wwe

Jim Ross Meeting With NFLPA Concerning Relationship With WWE

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/272781-jim-ross-meeting-with-nflpa-concerning-relationship-with-wwe

lol

wuht?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:

lol

wuht?

WWE trying to attract former NFL players to their developmental system

Maybe he wasn't joking about Tebow

lol

wuht?

lol

JR: "we'd like some of your old, retired players to come work for us. You know, like the one's that are suing/ going to sue you for concussions"

NFLPA: "what would you have them do?"

JR: "wrestle, get punched in head, thrown through walls and tables"

NFLPA:
  • jrg
  • Veteran

lol

wuht?

lol

JR: "we'd like some of your old, retired players to come work for us. You know, like the one's that are suing/ going to sue you for concussions"

NFLPA: "what would you have them do?"

JR: "wrestle, get punched in head, thrown through walls and tables"

NFLPA:

Share 49ersWebzone