Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

• jrg
  • Veteran
other than punk/taker

very meh
Originally posted by jrg:
other than punk/taker

very meh

In my opinion, WrestleMania hasn't lived up to the hype for years.
I think it's been pretty good so far. People are gonna hate on this match just because it's Rock and Cena. They could have the best match in history and people would still be hating on it.
I hope Cena wins this match. I thought he carried The Rock last year.
Found out the filler match got canned at the last minute.
rock vs cena match was blah, too many trading of finishers
That "Cena wins lol" signed made me laugh.
Both Cena/Rock matches were blah. It's a shame that we all know how things are going to turn out before they happen. Wish I was 10 all over again so I would think things weren't scripted.
Sounds like time for a mini poll

What will you watch tomorrow night?

a. RAW

b. Michigan vs. Louisville
I wished they had a triple h rock segment at some point but for some reason that never happened

They did have a significant feud during attitude era

Originally posted by ads_2006:
I wished they had a triple h rock segment at some point but for some reason that never happened

Let them argue, then Stone Cold comes in on his atv, stuns both, stuns HHH again, drinks his cooler of beer, and leaves.
EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ – April 7, 2013 – WWE® (NYSE: WWE) announced tonight that WrestleMania 29 became the highest grossing live event in its history and broke the record for MetLife Stadium's highest grossing entertainment event. WWE's annual pop-culture extravaganza grossed $12.3 million, as 80,676 fans from all 50 states and 34 countries converged on MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ. The event is broadcast around the world on pay-per-view in more than 100 countries and 20 languages.

This is the fourth consecutive year that WWE broke the host venue's record for the highest-grossing entertainment event.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Apr 7, 2013 at 8:32 PM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Let them argue, then Stone Cold comes in on his atv, stuns both, stuns HHH again, drinks his cooler of beer, and leaves.

I was wondering why I never got on the Rock bandwagon but now I remember I was more of a DX and Stone Cold Guy. Rock was a douche.
We all knew this is how Rock Cena was going to end from the start of the feud. Still I think tonight leaves WWE in better standing than most people think. We're seeing that WWE likes to book things long term nowadays and the initial vibe coming out of the weekend is that Rock will probably headlining the HOF class, Taker and Lesnar are throwing hints about a match, and that leaves the door wide open for Punk v Austin next year.

I'm not a huge Punk fan, but I really think they're just scratching the surface with him right now and even though Cena is going to occupy the title scene Punk can do more right now away from the belt then he did during his entire 400 day reign.
I can't understand the point of Ryback losing. Since bursting on to the scene, he hasn't had a big win in months after coming out on the losing end in his last two feuds with CM Punk and The Shield now on the big stage, he loses to a guy that is in the twilight of his career? I could care less what Ryback did after the match, his credibility is in the dirt right now.
Share 49ersWebzone