LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

So, Sheamus, Orton, and Cena are all participating in the Royal Rumble according to pwmania.com. That leaves 27 spots open. Who do you zoners want to see in it?

Personally, I'd like to see Wade Barrett win it.

I'd like to see MVP and Benjamin make their return in the match that would be awesome. Also, how bout some Nature Boy, WOOOOOOO, up in the Rumble!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fincham11:
So, Sheamus, Orton, and Cena are all participating in the Royal Rumble according to pwmania.com. That leaves 27 spots open. Who do you zoners want to see in it?

I'd like to see MVP and Benjamin make their return in the match that would be awesome. Also, how bout some Nature Boy, WOOOOOOO, up in the Rumble!

I'd like to see Dean Ambrose win and start things anew in the WWE. It will be tough to get the guys to cut the BS and do more solid, bruising wrestling because they have so many matches. What we see now is so watered down, it's pathetic. Can't expect the guys to go all out every match as it is now. Talk takes up a high percentage of the show. Get into the ring and kick some rear ends. Dean can do that. Reminds me of guys like Stan Hansen, not as big , but a guy not afraid to lock horns.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Jan 1, 2013 at 10:14 PM ]
How about having some guy like Tommy Dreamer come in and say enough is enough. Take the Shield, add a few more guys and stop the skits with Dolph playing kissy face with the anorexic AJ.
Make it more CZW. Of course that might be too violent for the demographics, which WWE is attempting to appeal.
Originally posted by Fincham11:

Ya

J.R. and Steve Austin are pretty good, heard back from them two a few times
WWE has no idea what to do with Moxley. They'll dress him up in pink tights and change his name to Bruce. Something ridiculous. I say dress him like Jon Moxley and let him beat the living daylights out of everything that moves. Acts like an escapee from a mental hospital. What more do you want? But that's not theatrical enough for Vinnie Mac. He's got to make it more complicated than it needs to be.

AJ acting like a goofy spaced-out broad is getting stale.. Couldn't wrestle her way out of a wet paper bag. Like to see some hard core Japanese maniac toss the skinny loud mouth young lady through glass and barbed wire, body slammed onto 1000 tacks and then into a pool of starving piranhas.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Jan 2, 2013 at 11:12 AM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Boy those 2 holiday episodes of Raw were just AWFUL!... plus they ruined any momentum AJ Lee had & turned her into a modern day Lita (though I do like the pairing with Ziggler). Sometimes WWE has some great stuff and others it just makes me shake my head. With it officially being Wrestlemania season now with the Rumble soon, I hope they can get back on track.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Just watched the Undertaker: The Streak DVD on Netflix.

They compare it to the Yankees winning all those titles, Boston Celtics, UCLA
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

Kayfabe dude, and of course it is pretty cool.

Believing Rey Mysterio could legitimately win a World Heavyweight Title is akin to believing the world is flat.
Originally posted by jrg:

or winning twenty straight superbowls.

s**t's comical.
bet you won't say that to takers face!

Dean Ambrose is my favourite active wrestler. Forget him as part of the Shield. It's several notches below what he has done in the past.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
So read the next couple Raws are going to be really good and gearing up for WM season... seems like we go through this the past bunch of years now, WWE is awesome from Jan to March (or early April), bland for a few months... decent from August late September, boring for a couple months then right back into the swing of things.
Share 49ersWebzone