There are 208 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

damn they went all out for a speeding ticket? Gay.

She got ass doe.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

She got ass doe.

New storyline!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

She got ass doe.

f**k YES
I am starting to like where the AJ/CENA/ZIGG/VICKY storyline is going. It seems very edgy and "Attitude" like. Plus, it's establishing the type of heel that Ziggler is.

Became a fan of the Primetime Players just from the commentating. That s**t was FUNNY. And I like where the Tag Team division is going.

I like the "I'm a Paul Heyman Guy" shirt.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Holy s**t!!

F4WOnline is reporting that current creative plans could see WWE Champion CM Punk defeating the Rock at the upcoming Royal Rumble match in their highly anticipated match, and going on to face the Undertaker at WrestleMania 29 with the championship on the line.

One major reason WWE is hesitant to put the belt on the Rock going into WrestleMania, is the lack of title matches at house shows between January and April, as well as the company's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.

According to the report, the WWE's concern for house shows is also a big reason they have not unified the two major World titles, as they feel a championship match should ideally close out each local event.

[ Edited by Paul on Nov 21, 2012 at 4:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Paul:
Holy s**t!!

F4WOnline is reporting that current creative plans could see WWE Champion CM Punk defeating the Rock at the upcoming Royal Rumble match in their highly anticipated match, and going on to face the Undertaker at WrestleMania 29 with the championship on the line.

One major reason WWE is hesitant to put the belt on the Rock going into WrestleMania, is the lack of title matches at house shows between January and April, as well as the company's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.

According to the report, the WWE's concern for house shows is also a big reason they have not unified the two major World titles, as they feel a championship match should ideally close out each local event.

The Rock has been around a lot more in the last year than the Undertaker has. Would be cool to see the Undertaker win the belt at Wrestlemania though.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Nov 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Win the belt at Wrestlemania and announce his retirement the next night on RAW
Holy s**t!!

so it would be rock vs cena part 2?
Holy s**t!!

Easy to book too. Lesnar costs Rock the match and you end up with Cena v Ziggler for the WHC, Punk v Taker, Rock v Lesnar.

I don't think you can have Rock v Cena 2 unless it's for the belt. Not a fan of Punk v Taker though. WWE has booked themselves into a corner with Punk having to rely on outside interference and it just doesn't bode well against Taker and the streak. Unless Taker is retiring and WWE wants to throw away a multi million dollar match in Taker v Cena Taker has to win too.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 21, 2012 at 8:49 PM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Easy to book too. Lesnar costs Rock the match and you end up with Cena v Ziggler for the WHC, Punk v Taker, Rock v Lesnar.

I don't think you can have Rock v Cena 2 unless it's for the belt. Not a fan of Punk v Taker though. WWE has booked themselves into a corner with Punk having to rely on outside interference and it just doesn't bode well against Taker and the streak. Unless Taker is retiring and WWE wants to throw away a multi million dollar match in Taker v Cena Taker has to win too.

I love how Punk has been winning lately... it builds heat on him and people are to wonder "how will he win next?". Reminds me in the late 80s when the Honkey Tonk Man was IC champion for a year basically doing the same.

Punk and Taker would be absolutely huge imo.. you would have the streak vs the longest reigning champ since Hogan! So many different ways they could do that... plus as you are saying still leaves other high profile matches for Rock, Cena, Lesnar (Triple H ect). Wasn't looking forward to The Rock winning the belt and then not being on TV for 2 months.

I love how Punk has been winning lately... it builds heat on him and people are to wonder "how will he win next?". Reminds me in the late 80s when the Honkey Tonk Man was IC champion for a year basically doing the same.

Punk and Taker would be absolutely huge imo.. you would have the streak vs the longest reigning champ since Hogan! So many different ways they could do that... plus as you are saying still leaves other high profile matches for Rock, Cena, Lesnar (Triple H ect). Wasn't looking forward to The Rock winning the belt and then not being on TV for 2 months.

Personally I think Rock v Punk is the way to go at Mania (Austin as ref would make it 10x better). Might be too late for that now because I don't think you can do Ryback v Rock at the Rumble.

I just don't think the streak is meant to be a clusterf***. I can't think of any of his matches at Mania looking like that. People overrate the title length stuff anyways. He hit the year mark and will break Cena's run but everything else is pointless. Like he said on Raw he has to get to 2018 before he breaks the actual record.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 21, 2012 at 10:01 PM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
In this day and age a year long run is amazing.. and he can still surpass tons of other names on his way to the top 4 or 5 reigns. Of course no way he gets to 2018 but nonetheless...

Taker makes a surprise entrance in the Rumble.. wins...bam, match with Punk already set. It doesn't get much easier than that. Rock is going to have a very busy 2013 with films to be much of a difference in WWE imo, and you can't do Punk-Cena once again since they've wrestled so much and Punk keeps beating him. Plus throw in Lesnar and anyone else... who the hell knows what WM is looking like.
I can live with Punk-Undertaker. If they do that, I will be happy.
In this day and age a year long run is amazing.. and he can still surpass tons of other names on his way to the top 4 or 5 reigns. Of course no way he gets to 2018 but nonetheless...

Taker makes a surprise entrance in the Rumble.. wins...bam, match with Punk already set. It doesn't get much easier than that. Rock is going to have a very busy 2013 with films to be much of a difference in WWE imo, and you can't do Punk-Cena once again since they've wrestled so much and Punk keeps beating him. Plus throw in Lesnar and anyone else... who the hell knows what WM is looking like.

By TLC he'll pass Cena and be the longest reigning champ of the last 25 years. The rest of the names are from a different era and has no chance of coming close to it. I guess my point would be his title reign already accomplished what it needed to accomplish.

Reading the report that you posted it said they were planning Rock Cena 2 still. Punk v Taker, Rock Cena 2, Triple H Lesnar 2 would be a very sh*tty card. I think you pretty much have to go with Rock v Lesnar and use Cena in the World Championship if you're doing Punk's title run vs the streak.

Now if they had the balls to let Punk beat Taker at Mania wow! I just don't see it because that comes at a hefty cost.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 22, 2012 at 8:15 AM ]
Despite that report, I still fully expect Rock to win the title at Royal Rumble.
Share 49ersWebzone