LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I have a problem with the fact that WWE has a problem with going ONE WHOLE PPV without defending the WWE title. Once upon a great time, defending the championship was a very rare, and very big deal. In between, the buildup for these title matches was awesome, heightening the importance of the belt.

Right now WWE has the luxury of TWO World Championships they should be elevating the importance of. Why not randomize the months they and they only main event, without the other stealing the spotlight? Hell, even the undercard titles....the Intercontinental championship used to be a pretty big fn deal too once upon a time. Tag Title matches even main evented the attitude era.

Now, pretty much every belt feels just 'meh.' It's a huge reason why WWE is in the can right now. They used to do a great job like boxing did with building up these things, but now everything is rush rush and cram as much in as possible. They don't take the time to develop personalities to give us reasons to give a crap about the wrestlers. It had nothing to do with 'PG' or anything like that. It's just poor planning and poor writing that does not engage the audience at all.

this x 100000000
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by Paul:
Bret > Shawn. Haha.
Was never the biggest HBK fan. He was a phenomenal performer and entertainer, I just thought he was a douche. Maybe because Bret is my favorite of all time.
Jericho is one of my favorites too. Dude could do no wrong. I was so happy when he left WCW for WWF.

Bret is a douche also, or was... guy thought much too highly of himself. Been a long time since I watched a Bret match, but his dvd was wonderful & he helped carry WWF for a time... just so sad how his career overall ended.

Anyone else watched the new/old Lesnar DVD that came out? Been watching it off & on.

Best there is, Best there was & the Best that there ever will be.

No doubt, he is the excellence of execution.
Ive heard stories of him being a dick to some of the undercard guys though. Still I would watch just about any of his matches from 91 til he left for WCW over any others. Sadly when he got to WCW Bit*choff (and Goldberg) ruined him. The only match I liked of his there was against Benoit. He even said himself what a joke WCW was. Plus he legitimately hates Hogan and they tagged together a lot. Was awkward seeing him there.

On his DVD, Vince McMahon said that they (WCW) could have built the company around Bret but they just didn't know what to do with him. I was glad he killed his beef with WWE/Shawn & they are friends once again. Have you seen the WWE Greatest Rivals Shawn vs. Bret?
  • jrg
  • Veteran

On his DVD, Vince McMahon said that they (WCW) could have built the company around Bret but they just didn't know what to do with him. I was glad he killed his beef with WWE/Shawn & they are friends once again. Have you seen the WWE Greatest Rivals Shawn vs. Bret?

Yeah I watched it, it was good.
Originally posted by Paul:
WWE officials are faced with two issues right now as far as The Rock winning the WWE Title at the Royal Rumble goes.

One is that The Rock winning the WWE Title will mean there are no WWE Title defenses at any live events for a three-month period.

They will also have towork outwith The Rock whether or not he will be available for theEliminationChamberpay-per-viewand whether they want him to work that event. Those details may have already beenworkedout as it was a topic largely talked about among some of the WWE talents this past week.

It's coming down to the wire in terms of needing to have a setplanand commitments to dates considering the hectic movie promotionscheduleRock has in early 2013.

With the challenges they are facing, it's said that nothing has changed - theplanis still for The Rock to win the WWE Title at Royal Rumble, from CM Punk, and main event at WrestleMania 29, possibly against John Cena.

It's no secret that Rock was going to film Hercules but now that it's official and he's set to film in early 2013 you wonder if that has any impact on Wrestlemania.

I tend to agree with the post below saying the title defense at EC really isn't needed, but I just wonder how much is he going to be there in between Rumble and Wrestlemania.

Rock v Lesnar is such a simple build. Lesnar costs Rock the Championship match, they do a couple segments after that and get a good buyrate. See Summerslam.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM ]

Yeah I watched it, it was good.

Bret screwed Bret.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
f**k The Rock man...pissing me off they're gonna give him the belt and then he can just just leave for months
Originally posted by jrg:
f**k The Rock man...pissing me off they're gonna give him the belt and then he can just just leave for months

Ya. Damn him anyway,
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Ya. Damn him anyway,

[ Edited by fropwns on Nov 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM ]

Yeah. f**k The Rock for giving us years and years of countless hours of entertainment for us to enjoy, most of which are better than the last 10 years of all pro wrestling combined. f**k him for making the last two Wrestlemanias compelling and giving us a reason to watch. That man doesn't deserve a two month title reign at all. Nope.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Yeah. f**k The Rock for giving us years and years of countless hours of entertainment for us to enjoy, most of which are better than the last 10 years of all pro wrestling combined. f**k him for making the last two Wrestlemanias compelling and giving us a reason to watch. That man doesn't deserve a two month title reign at all. Nope.

Never said he doesn't deserve a title reign. A "title reign" isn't winning the belt and disappearing for 3-5 months. If he was on the show weekly like everybody else, I wouldn't have a problem.

Never said he doesn't deserve a title reign. A "title reign" isn't winning the belt and disappearing for 3-5 months. If he was on the show weekly like everybody else, I wouldn't have a problem.

Oh s**t wrestling beef. Zilla is the face, jrg is the heel.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Oh s**t wrestling beef. Zilla is the face, jrg is the heel.

• bors
  • Veteran
(tosses in steal chair)
Share 49ersWebzone