There are 138 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, Impact, etc)

Originally posted by Paul:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
- There are big plans in place for The Rock going into early 2013 and the WrestleMania season. Besides the WWE Title match with CM Punk at the Royal Rumble, Rock is set to make more regular appearances and will be a focal point of the company. Most within WWE expect Rock to capture the WWE Title and end Punk's reign at the Rumble.

reading this today really did piss me off.. Maybe it wouldn't bother me so much if anyone else was the Champion, but imo Punk is one of the best the WWE has had in a long long time.. & they continually have dropped the ball on him & not used him the right way. Sure having the Rock will be great, but again just like last year.. what happens after WM?

I fully expect Punk to remain one of the top guys even after dropping the title. Cena hasnt had the title in a year and has lost to the Rock and Johnny Ace and hes still the top guy. By WM we could see a number of guys that are pushing for either title. Ryback, Sheamus, Punk, Ziggler, Orton, Big Show, Del Rio, Kofi, Miz, Rhodes, Bryan, Sandow. I wont be surprised to see any of these guys push for big 2 titles post wrestlemania.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
great booking by the wwe

have your unbeatable champion be beat by someone who isnt even on the full time roster (who will eventually lose at WM, to an established star)

way to develop your talent

I don't have a problem with the rematch. The reality is with Taker, Rock and Lesnar on the card it's impossible to propel a young guy. Dolph Ziggler just isn't going to be in the Main Event against Rock or against the Streak.

I think we've already seen just how underwhelming championship feuds are without being the Main Event. See Smackdown, see Punk.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I'm actually fine with Rock-Cena 2 & yes it makes sense for the title to be involved.. I am just such a huge Punk enthusiast, I feel bad how he will be left out of the picture. Who the hell will he face at Wm? Who knows... must admit though, getting close to the RR/'Mania season is an exciting time to be a wrestling fan.
[ Edited by Paul on Nov 7, 2012 at 4:46 PM ]
I'm actually fine with Rock-Cena 2 & yes it makes sense for the title to be involved.. I am just such a huge Punk enthusiast, I feel bad how he will be left out of the picture. Who the hell will he face at Wm? Who knows... must admit though, getting close to the RR/'Mania season is an exciting time to be a wrestling fan.

Triple H v Lesnar seems pretty likely right now especially if the rumors about Floyd Mayweather being involved are true. Taker might be in play.

Id like to see Punk-Sheamus. Or maybe we can see another Bryan-Punk feud, can you imagine how all the internet wrestling fans would react to that? I love what Kane and Bryan are doing but I dont see it lasting a whole lot longer.
I agree with being a huge Punk fan but unfortunately the vast majority of wrestling fans still prefer Cena to him. Even Rock with not being around for 7 years is still a bigger draw to fans than Punk is. Some guys can be built up to reach Hogan/Cena/Austin/Rock status. Some will be still be huge but never as big as those guys were. I put Punk in the Warrior/Savage/Hart/Michaels category.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
lol don't ever put Warrior in any type of discussion, but I do understand far as Punk never being "The Guy".

Id like to see Punk-Sheamus. Or maybe we can see another Bryan-Punk feud, can you imagine how all the internet wrestling fans would react to that? I love what Kane and Bryan are doing but I dont see it lasting a whole lot longer.
I agree with being a huge Punk fan but unfortunately the vast majority of wrestling fans still prefer Cena to him. Even Rock with not being around for 7 years is still a bigger draw to fans than Punk is. Some guys can be built up to reach Hogan/Cena/Austin/Rock status. Some will be still be huge but never as big as those guys were. I put Punk in the Warrior/Savage/Hart/Michaels category.

kinda interesting the way you broke it down

from a pure wrestling perspective, the Michaels group is way better

from a pure entertainment perspective, the hogan group is a bit better.
lol don't ever put Warrior in any type of discussion, but I do understand far as Punk never being "The Guy".

For a few years there he was just as big as Hogan, he's one of very few to ever cleanly beat Hogan, for the title no less. He just didnt have the gimmick to last long, Plus he was batsh*t insane.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
kinda interesting the way you broke it down

from a pure wrestling perspective, the Michaels group is way better

from a pure entertainment perspective, the hogan group is a bit better.

All of them had their time at the top. The Michaels group is better in ring minus Warrior plus Rock. The Rock is severely underrated in the ring. As much hate as Cena gets he can also put on a hell of a match. Austins run wasnt as long as the others because of his neck but he completely changed professional wrestling and so many wish it would return to the Attitude Era. DX may have started it, but Austin perfected it.

So I just had a very long post about all of it, then I re-read it and said to myself "Good god I need to get laid, no wonder Im single." Hahaha. Plus its 2am and Ive had some drinks. Good night all.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Goldberg also beat Hogan cleanly! Warrior was supposed to be the "next guy", but it just didn't work out... & he is kind of a head case. Then again ask any kid from the early 90s who their favorite wrestler was & many will say the Warrior.

Michaels probably is the best of all time, can't recall him ever having a bad match. I put guys like Jericho & Punk in that category too because they just are that good!
Goldberg also beat Hogan cleanly! Warrior was supposed to be the "next guy", but it just didn't work out... & he is kind of a head case. Then again ask any kid from the early 90s who their favorite wrestler was & many will say the Warrior.

Michaels probably is the best of all time, can't recall him ever having a bad match. I put guys like Jericho & Punk in that category too because they just are that good!

Bret > Shawn. Haha.
Was never the biggest HBK fan. He was a phenomenal performer and entertainer, I just thought he was a douche. Maybe because Bret is my favorite of all time.
Jericho is one of my favorites too. Dude could do no wrong. I was so happy when he left WCW for WWF.

• Nes49
  • Veteran

Bret > Shawn. Haha.
Was never the biggest HBK fan. He was a phenomenal performer and entertainer, I just thought he was a douche. Maybe because Bret is my favorite of all time.
Jericho is one of my favorites too. Dude could do no wrong. I was so happy when he left WCW for WWF.

Bret & Shawn changed the way I viewed wrestling. After watching Bret's matches....then later on in the card, Hogan's matches I was like damn. "Bret matches looked way more engaging."
[ Edited by Nes49 on Nov 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Bret > Shawn. Haha.

Bret is a douche also, or was... guy thought much too highly of himself. Been a long time since I watched a Bret match, but his dvd was wonderful & he helped carry WWF for a time... just so sad how his career overall ended.

Anyone else watched the new/old Lesnar DVD that came out? Been watching it off & on.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Bret > Shawn. Haha.

Bret is a douche also, or was... guy thought much too highly of himself. Been a long time since I watched a Bret match, but his dvd was wonderful & he helped carry WWF for a time... just so sad how his career overall ended.

Anyone else watched the new/old Lesnar DVD that came out? Been watching it off & on.

Best there is, Best there was & the Best that there ever will be.
Originally posted by Nes49:
Bret > Shawn. Haha.

Best there is, Best there was & the Best that there ever will be.

No doubt, he is the excellence of execution.
Ive heard stories of him being a dick to some of the undercard guys though. Still I would watch just about any of his matches from 91 til he left for WCW over any others. Sadly when he got to WCW Bit*choff (and Goldberg) ruined him. The only match I liked of his there was against Benoit. He even said himself what a joke WCW was. Plus he legitimately hates Hogan and they tagged together a lot. Was awkward seeing him there.
So has anyone here played WWE 13? Is it worth getting? The reliving the Attitude Era sounds great.
Share 49erswebzone