LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 264 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
According to a recent Wrestling Observer Radio, Vince McMahon was reportedly "not high" on Kevin Owens, even as recently as a couple of months ago, so it was telling that he sold huge for Owens during the segment on last Tuesday's Smackdown. However, with Owens being the only logical opponent for Shane McMahon, he pretty much had to put Owens over.

I bet he would be if KO had a six pack.

right? even though at his size, he can do more in the ring than most of the roster.

There are no logical opponents for Shane McMahon...
Owens has been treated fine so far. Beat Cena in his 1st match, 6 month title reign on Raw, they just got to continue pushing him with a Rumble win + title win at Mania securing the top spot on SD. The other option would be HHH v Owens at Mania but I don't think that's as good.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 19, 2017 at 6:08 AM ]
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
I watch Raw casually now as it has lot lost of its luster to me.When I heard Bobby Heenan passed I made sure to watch to catch the tribute.Dude was a legend.Just a small gripe though...I really liked it better when they did the 10 bell salute with the backstage brought out.It felt more authentic and a part of me liked watching the reactions and emotions of the wrestlers breaking character.Anyone know why this tradition stopped?
Originally posted by 9er2k:
I watch Raw casually now as it has lot lost of its luster to me.When I heard Bobby Heenan passed I made sure to watch to catch the tribute.Dude was a legend.Just a small gripe though...I really liked it better when they did the 10 bell salute with the backstage brought out.It felt more authentic and a part of me liked watching the reactions and emotions of the wrestlers breaking character.Anyone know why this tradition stopped?
Chris Benoit? I know they did it for him, and did a tribute show for him and that blew up in their face. Horrible publicity when the truth came out.
[ Edited by JustinMT on Sep 19, 2017 at 3:29 PM ]
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Chris Benoit? I know they did it for him, and did a tribute show for him and that blew up in their face. Horribly publicity when the truth came out.

They did it with Dusty Rhodes, Roddy Piper, and Warrior in the last few years.

Looks like they are trying something new with how they spread out his tribute throughout the show.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Sep 19, 2017 at 3:13 PM ]
Why they didnt show this at the beginning of Raw I wont know, but it is still a nice tribute.

Can we just get Roode to kick his ass already?

This whole thing has been atrocious.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
lol

And now Jinder is racist? God just end this s**t. The writers are so retarded.

I've never heard the crowd say, "That's too far!" before.

And now Jinder is racist? God just end this s**t. The writers are so retarded.

I've never heard the crowd say, "That's too far!" before.

WWE won't post the video themselves so they must have realized they went to far on that one.

WWE won't post the video themselves so they must have realized they went to far on that one.
lol. Lame Fans. Where they around for the DX days?
Lol, Cena's dad going off on a bunch of current wrestlers. Mahal, Charlotte, Bliss to name a few.

"He's not even close to being a JBL. Mahal is in there for one reason: they want the Indian market. What better way to get it than to have the champion into the country you're going? And he's gonna hold that when he comes out of India, he's gonna hold that for a while for whatever reason. To upset the fans, maybe? Perhaps. But he certainly is not the same caliber of JBL. He doesn't have the arrogance, the ability, nor the characterization, nor the wrestling ability!"

"You know what, if you've got a performer that's going to make you money, Daniel Bryan was very thin and frail too. But if she has got what it takes to make it work, then use it while you have it. I'm not a fan of Charlotte Flair. I'll be right upfront. Alexa Bliss, what's she got? The looks and the body, that's about it. You know what? I'm going to stop before I get myself in trouble. Natalya is a great kid, I think Sasha is a great performer, it's too bad Bayley is out."

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09/19/john-cenas-dad-jinder-mahal-bliss/
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Lol, Cena's dad going off on a bunch of current wrestlers. Mahal, Charlotte, Bliss to name a few.

"He's not even close to being a JBL. Mahal is in there for one reason: they want the Indian market. What better way to get it than to have the champion into the country you're going? And he's gonna hold that when he comes out of India, he's gonna hold that for a while for whatever reason. To upset the fans, maybe? Perhaps. But he certainly is not the same caliber of JBL. He doesn't have the arrogance, the ability, nor the characterization, nor the wrestling ability!"

"You know what, if you've got a performer that's going to make you money, Daniel Bryan was very thin and frail too. But if she has got what it takes to make it work, then use it while you have it. I'm not a fan of Charlotte Flair. I'll be right upfront. Alexa Bliss, what's she got? The looks and the body, that's about it. You know what? I'm going to stop before I get myself in trouble. Natalya is a great kid, I think Sasha is a great performer, it's too bad Bayley is out."

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09/19/john-cenas-dad-jinder-mahal-bliss/

i can't say i disagree...

edit: except for that Charlotte is very good.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Sep 20, 2017 at 12:07 AM ]
Found out why the crowd sucked last night, there wasn't one.

Found out why the crowd sucked last night, there wasn't one.

Yup. They asked one of my friends to sit in the front row bc the seats were empty.
Share 49ersWebzone