LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

So WWE held a number of panels and interviews last weekend at Summerslam Axxess.

One of the better ones was this WWE 2K14 panel hosted by Jim Ross featuring Steve Austin, Daniel Bryan, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, Paul Heyman, Rey Mysterio Jr., and Dolph Ziggler.

It's a bit long at first, with JR going off his script and talking about the game, but once everyone has been introduced and sits down to talk, it's pure gold. Flair is reportedly in a lot of heat with WWE brass because of how drunk he was. He told some amazing stories with clarity though, and it was really cool to see him, JR, Austin, Heyman, and Foley hitting it off about the old days while Ziggler, Bryan, and Rey just soaked in being part of the whole show, lol.

2K sports officials absolutely loved it, but Stephanie was less than impressed and took the stage to issue an apology for Flair's behavior to attendees. Supposedly he was also pulled off the Summerslam card over this, as he was booked to make a surprise appearance.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1746904-more-on-wwes-unhappiness-with-ric-flair

Its a long panel, but really awesome to watch, especially considering the legendary talent of yesterday, today, and tomorrow up on stage. Great great stories from Flair and Paul Heyman in particular.

• jrg
  • Veteran
LOL Ric Flair is sooooo drunk
i hope they don't remove flair from the game over this
Just read on Lordsofpain.net, that AJ Styles and Ken Anderson's contracts are up soon, and many believe they may be gone, may be money issue. Styles I fear would be a jobber. He has been in the business for 10+ years, Since the beginning of TNA, when they were NWA: TNA. His matches are classic, with Samoa Joe, Kazarian, Daniels, and Angle. He is one of my favorite TNA guys.

I like Anderson on the mic, and as VP of the Aces and Eights.

A part of me wants to see Sting in WWE, like to help Bryan against Orton and the Corporate to be. Imagine him using the bat to take down the Shield.

Tag Divisons in both TNA and WWE seem better

Usos, Show/Henry, Shield, 3MB(I actually like them a lot), Prime Time Players, Primo/Epico(Now Los Matadors), Tons of Funk

TNA has Storm/Gunner(Real good team, Gunner has the looks to be a good champ), Bad Influence(Kaz/Daniels), Bro Mans(Robbie E and Jesse Goderz), Chavo/Hernandez, a real good tag team would be Wes Briscoe and Garrett Bischoff(They just need more time to develop), and I would love to see Joe and Magnus again as Tag Team.
- WWE apparently changed the planned finish to the CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar SummerSlam match in the middle of last week. This could be because The Undertaker has agreed to work Lesnar at WrestleMania XXX and if that's going to be one of the main events, Lesnar had no business losing at SummerSlam and going into WrestleMania with a 2-3 record.

- As seen on RAW, John Cena mentioned that he was advised to skip SummerSlam and cancel the Daniel Bryan match because of his elbow injury. Cena was telling the truth there. He insisted on doing the match and putting Bryan over before taking time off to have surgery. Cena's rehab will be part of the storylines on several new episodes of WWE Total Divas.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
- WWE apparently changed the planned finish to the CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar SummerSlam match in the middle of last week. This could be because The Undertaker has agreed to work Lesnar at WrestleMania XXX and if that's going to be one of the main events, Lesnar had no business losing at SummerSlam and going into WrestleMania with a 2-3 record.

- As seen on RAW, John Cena mentioned that he was advised to skip SummerSlam and cancel the Daniel Bryan match because of his elbow injury. Cena was telling the truth there. He insisted on doing the match and putting Bryan over before taking time off to have surgery. Cena's rehab will be part of the storylines on several new episodes of WWE Total Divas.

surprised they're gonna try and do a Lesnar/Taker match, especially with the rumored "bad blood" between them
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
surprised they're gonna try and do a Lesnar/Taker match, especially with the rumored "bad blood" between them

I think I read somewhere that it was a misunderstanding and are speaking. Not like Matt Hardy and Edge or anything.
Night of Champions? More like Night of HEELS

Originally posted by zillabeast:
So WWE held a number of panels and interviews last weekend at Summerslam Axxess.

One of the better ones was this WWE 2K14 panel hosted by Jim Ross featuring Steve Austin, Daniel Bryan, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, Paul Heyman, Rey Mysterio Jr., and Dolph Ziggler.

It's a bit long at first, with JR going off his script and talking about the game, but once everyone has been introduced and sits down to talk, it's pure gold. Flair is reportedly in a lot of heat with WWE brass because of how drunk he was. He told some amazing stories with clarity though, and it was really cool to see him, JR, Austin, Heyman, and Foley hitting it off about the old days while Ziggler, Bryan, and Rey just soaked in being part of the whole show, lol.

2K sports officials absolutely loved it, but Stephanie was less than impressed and took the stage to issue an apology for Flair's behavior to attendees. Supposedly he was also pulled off the Summerslam card over this, as he was booked to make a surprise appearance.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1746904-more-on-wwes-unhappiness-with-ric-flair

Its a long panel, but really awesome to watch, especially considering the legendary talent of yesterday, today, and tomorrow up on stage. Great great stories from Flair and Paul Heyman in particular.

video 3 at the fifteen minute mark, Flair goes a little loopy, but they were all drinking.

I'm thinking of getting this game because the bad guy is now in it.

the baaaaaad guy raaaaaaaaaaazarrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaamoooooooooon

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by zillabeast:

video 3 at the fifteen minute mark, Flair goes a little loopy, but they were all drinking.

Flicks a toothpick at the screen out of respect for Scott Hall.

Lmao Daniel Bryan going "I don't feel like I belong up here." Followed by Flair's story about Harley Race and Curt Hennig in Kansas City was one of my favorite parts of the video.

I've seen a lot of sites bashing Flair for insulting Bryan and his beard during that segment, but the context was simply in reference to, "what would Harley Race say about that beard?" And I don't think it was meant in a hurtful way at all.

Herman's thoughts on Punk/Bryan main eventing Wrestlemania are spot on though. I honestly do feel like that's what we're getting next April, and it will be tremendous.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
every few minutes ric flair was like "you guys gotta hear this story"

lol
Originally posted by jrg:
every few minutes ric flair was like "you guys gotta hear this story"

lol

Ric Flair talks WWE 2K14 Symposium controversy:

"They told me to entertain 'em, and I did"

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2013/8/23/4650234/ric-flair-talks-wwe-2k14-symposium-controversy-they-told-me-to-entertain-em-and-i-did

Preface this with I am on my phone and scrolling down.

What is the smoke coming out of his crotch? I thought it was a logo of some sort.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

Preface this with I am on my phone and scrolling down.

What is the smoke coming out of his crotch? I thought it was a logo of some sort.

He's the oozing machismo!
Share 49ersWebzone