There are 160 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

GSP/Diaz was meh. I figured GSP would just keep him grounded. It's kinda crazy how much damage the small amount of boxing from Diaz did to GSP's face. And LOL about them being friends and s**t after the fight. All that hyped s**t before it to get the PPV buys and they all hug it out at the end. Diaz is a cool ass dude in real life.

I've met his bro in real life. he's completely the opposite of how he's portrayed on TV.

yea, that goes for Nick, too, but they both understand how to market the fights.
How's everyone liking this season of TUF?

Other than the first season, this has got to be the best season yet. The fighters are skilled, focused, and understand the opportunity presented to them. The producers finally realized that trying to get the guys drunk and fight in the house is not entertaining anymore. I like that the guys are focused on the bigger picture. Last season was so fckin annoying with all the cry baby, drunk b*****ds.

BTW, I hope Bubba and Josh get beat. I don't think Bubba is good at all and Josh annoys me for trying to manipulate fights.

With that being said, I'm almost confident that Hendricks will be the next welterweight champ

I doubt it. Not unless he catches GSP with his left. GSP is too quick for that to be a given. He's gonna take Hendricks down and ride it out for all 5 rounds like he's done in just about every fight he's had since his loss to Serra.

Other than the first season, this has got to be the best season yet. The fighters are skilled, focused, and understand the opportunity presented to them. The producers finally realized that trying to get the guys drunk and fight in the house is not entertaining anymore. I like that the guys are focused on the bigger picture. Last season was so fckin annoying with all the cry baby, drunk b*****ds.

BTW, I hope Bubba and Josh get beat. I don't think Bubba is good at all and Josh annoys me for trying to manipulate fights.

Yeah, this is the first season I've watched every episode, partially because it's the first time the house isn't full of fighters acting like high school douchebags.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Yeah, this is the first season I've watched every episode, partially because it's the first time the house isn't full of fighters acting like high school douchebags.

hmmm, maybe I'll start watching again. Last straw for me was when the dudes were cuming in each other's food, then watching them eat it.

exactly. they probably took a lesson from the season in Brazil. just a bunch of killers in the house. there was one that was immature, but everyone was constantly training. that's what i wanna see out of the TUF seasons.

unfortunately, i can picture next season being full of drama with having both men and women in the same house.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

hmmm, maybe I'll start watching again. Last straw for me was when the dudes were cuming in each other's food, then watching them eat it.

yea man. watch this season. u even get a good look as to how Chael Sonnen and Jon Jones are as people. after watching this season, makes me wanna have a beer with Chael.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Agreed with everything you said. I think the kid with a mohawk last season was a wake up call for TUF, that was one of the most annoying seasons evar. Also this season the coaches are just too damn nice to each other lol but that's cool with me its called professionalism.

Uriah seems to be the favorite in this one, but I got a feeling that's not gonna follow through, I think that young kid who beat Bubba is the real dark horse, he had good strength and submission defense. Bubba is weak, I can't believe hes JJ's training partner, stand up sucks and his ground games sucks too, there was so many openings when he was fighting Kevin I saw a bunch of sweeps I would've attempted. And its not like Kevin was hammering him when they were fighting for position on the ground.

Also liking Chaels team better, they seem more humble, JJ's team seems like dicks.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

exactly. they probably took a lesson from the season in Brazil. just a bunch of killers in the house. there was one that was immature, but everyone was constantly training. that's what i wanna see out of the TUF seasons.

unfortunately, i can picture next season being full of drama with having both men and women in the same house.

That one spells trouble.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Agreed with everything you said. I think the kid with a mohawk last season was a wake up call for TUF, that was one of the most annoying seasons evar. Also this season the coaches are just too damn nice to each other lol but that's cool with me its called professionalism.

Uriah seems to be the favorite in this one, but I got a feeling that's not gonna follow through, I think that young kid who beat Bubba is the real dark horse, he had good strength and submission defense. Bubba is weak, I can't believe hes JJ's training partner, stand up sucks and his ground games sucks too, there was so many openings when he was fighting Kevin I saw a bunch of sweeps I would've attempted. And its not like Kevin was hammering him when they were fighting for position on the ground.

Also liking Chaels team better, they seem more humble, JJ's team seems like dicks.

Yea I agree that Calvin guy seems to be a real dark horse. He's the youngest one there, but he's an absolute machine. Non stop cardio, good wrestling to go along with decent standup and BJJ.

Bubba is all hype just cuz he trains at the Greg Jackson gym. He's good in practice, but in the cage, he's absolutely terrible. Doesn't even listen to his coaches during his fight!! If Kevin knew how to GnP, he woulda won that fight in the 1st.

That one spells trouble.

will still watch cuz of Rousey and either Tate/Zingano

With that being said, I'm almost confident that Hendricks will be the next welterweight champ

I doubt it. Not unless he catches GSP with his left. GSP is too quick for that to be a given. He's gonna take Hendricks down and ride it out for all 5 rounds like he's done in just about every fight he's had since his loss to Serra.

Don't see it happening this time. Hendricks' wrestling is close to Matt Hughes status but he's got power in his hands like Alves.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

That one spells trouble.

Oh of course, me too!!!

BUT I think it should've been Rousey and Carrano.

That one spells trouble.

Oh of course, me too!!!

oh man, if Gina Carano was on it, i'd have FAP instead of TUF set on my calendar

That one spells trouble.

Oh of course, me too!!!

oh man, if Gina Carano was on it, i'd have FAP instead of TUF set on my calendar

Share 49ersWebzone