There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

I could see Hendricks doing the same thing to GSP. Getting a couple of those insanely quick lefts or uppercuts in and shooting. Needs to work on some ground and pound though. Could have easily won the fight if he could land some strikes on the ground. Hendricks is a fantastic wrestler so I think he could hold his own in that regard but again he needs to do something while he's on top.
I guess Nick Diaz revealed last night that he has never paid taxes in his life............SMH
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,116


dumb ass
Great PPV card this past weekend.

Hendricks vs. Condit really stole the show. What a great fight and if there were two more rounds, Condit woulda taken it. Hendricks really gassed out. Either guy coulda won that fight, but I can see those huge takedowns and power shots as the main reason. Condit is a beast though.

GSP/Diaz was meh. I figured GSP would just keep him grounded. It's kinda crazy how much damage the small amount of boxing from Diaz did to GSP's face. And LOL about them being friends and s**t after the fight. All that hyped s**t before it to get the PPV buys and they all hug it out at the end. Diaz is a cool ass dude in real life.

With that being said, I'm almost confident that Hendricks will be the next welterweight champ

oh snap, FOUR total events to be held in April
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SFgoldrush49:
Gsp is so boring Diaz did a decent job he just wasn't agrressive enough.I think Diaz vs Anderson Silva would've been a lot more entertaining.Silva would've stood up more.

GSP = Get.....Some....Points

That fight was exactly the way I thought it would be, two-strike combo's and take downs all day. Its not sexy but it gets the job done.

he's 1000x the fighter but GSP fights are getting close to Jon Fitch status.................
Originally posted by SF69ers:

GSP/Diaz was meh. I figured GSP would just keep him grounded. It's kinda crazy how much damage the small amount of boxing from Diaz did to GSP's face. And LOL about them being friends and s**t after the fight. All that hyped s**t before it to get the PPV buys and they all hug it out at the end. Diaz is a cool ass dude in real life.


I've met his bro in real life. he's completely the opposite of how he's portrayed on TV.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

GSP/Diaz was meh. I figured GSP would just keep him grounded. It's kinda crazy how much damage the small amount of boxing from Diaz did to GSP's face. And LOL about them being friends and s**t after the fight. All that hyped s**t before it to get the PPV buys and they all hug it out at the end. Diaz is a cool ass dude in real life.

I've met his bro in real life. he's completely the opposite of how he's portrayed on TV.

yea, that goes for Nick, too, but they both understand how to market the fights.
How's everyone liking this season of TUF?

Other than the first season, this has got to be the best season yet. The fighters are skilled, focused, and understand the opportunity presented to them. The producers finally realized that trying to get the guys drunk and fight in the house is not entertaining anymore. I like that the guys are focused on the bigger picture. Last season was so fckin annoying with all the cry baby, drunk b*****ds.

BTW, I hope Bubba and Josh get beat. I don't think Bubba is good at all and Josh annoys me for trying to manipulate fights.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

With that being said, I'm almost confident that Hendricks will be the next welterweight champ


I doubt it. Not unless he catches GSP with his left. GSP is too quick for that to be a given. He's gonna take Hendricks down and ride it out for all 5 rounds like he's done in just about every fight he's had since his loss to Serra.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
How's everyone liking this season of TUF?

Other than the first season, this has got to be the best season yet. The fighters are skilled, focused, and understand the opportunity presented to them. The producers finally realized that trying to get the guys drunk and fight in the house is not entertaining anymore. I like that the guys are focused on the bigger picture. Last season was so fckin annoying with all the cry baby, drunk b*****ds.

BTW, I hope Bubba and Josh get beat. I don't think Bubba is good at all and Josh annoys me for trying to manipulate fights.

Yeah, this is the first season I've watched every episode, partially because it's the first time the house isn't full of fighters acting like high school douchebags.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Yeah, this is the first season I've watched every episode, partially because it's the first time the house isn't full of fighters acting like high school douchebags.

hmmm, maybe I'll start watching again. Last straw for me was when the dudes were cuming in each other's food, then watching them eat it.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
How's everyone liking this season of TUF?

Other than the first season, this has got to be the best season yet. The fighters are skilled, focused, and understand the opportunity presented to them. The producers finally realized that trying to get the guys drunk and fight in the house is not entertaining anymore. I like that the guys are focused on the bigger picture. Last season was so fckin annoying with all the cry baby, drunk b*****ds.

BTW, I hope Bubba and Josh get beat. I don't think Bubba is good at all and Josh annoys me for trying to manipulate fights.

Yeah, this is the first season I've watched every episode, partially because it's the first time the house isn't full of fighters acting like high school douchebags.

exactly. they probably took a lesson from the season in Brazil. just a bunch of killers in the house. there was one that was immature, but everyone was constantly training. that's what i wanna see out of the TUF seasons.

unfortunately, i can picture next season being full of drama with having both men and women in the same house.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Yeah, this is the first season I've watched every episode, partially because it's the first time the house isn't full of fighters acting like high school douchebags.

hmmm, maybe I'll start watching again. Last straw for me was when the dudes were cuming in each other's food, then watching them eat it.

yea man. watch this season. u even get a good look as to how Chael Sonnen and Jon Jones are as people. after watching this season, makes me wanna have a beer with Chael.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,116
Originally posted by SF69ers:
How's everyone liking this season of TUF?

Other than the first season, this has got to be the best season yet. The fighters are skilled, focused, and understand the opportunity presented to them. The producers finally realized that trying to get the guys drunk and fight in the house is not entertaining anymore. I like that the guys are focused on the bigger picture. Last season was so fckin annoying with all the cry baby, drunk b*****ds.

BTW, I hope Bubba and Josh get beat. I don't think Bubba is good at all and Josh annoys me for trying to manipulate fights.

Agreed with everything you said. I think the kid with a mohawk last season was a wake up call for TUF, that was one of the most annoying seasons evar. Also this season the coaches are just too damn nice to each other lol but that's cool with me its called professionalism.

Uriah seems to be the favorite in this one, but I got a feeling that's not gonna follow through, I think that young kid who beat Bubba is the real dark horse, he had good strength and submission defense. Bubba is weak, I can't believe hes JJ's training partner, stand up sucks and his ground games sucks too, there was so many openings when he was fighting Kevin I saw a bunch of sweeps I would've attempted. And its not like Kevin was hammering him when they were fighting for position on the ground.

Also liking Chaels team better, they seem more humble, JJ's team seems like dicks.