There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Pettis annoys me for some reason, but dude is a fkn badass. Aldo better channel his inner WEC champ for this one.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Pettis annoys me for some reason, but dude is a fkn badass. Aldo better channel his inner WEC champ for this one.

I'm a big fan of both fighters, but I see Aldo winning that one. Then again, I didn't think Pettis could stand with Cerrone, who's a much bigger fighter at 155 with a ton more experience as a kickboxer.
Anybody watching TUF?

Urijah Hall looks like a winner to me.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Anybody watching TUF?

The way he looks silva better watch out
But I really like this dude he felt super bad when he saw how bad he hurt that dude.
Josh Barnett declines offer from UFC
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Looks like it's official!! Here is Dana on Pettis vs. Aldo:

Quote:
Two of the baddest dudes in the fight business are going to fight at 145 pounds. These guys are two of the amazing, gravity-defying athletes in the sport. I am so pumped for this fight.

Can't wait for August 3!
Ahhh wow, can't wait for that one!!

"excited"
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Anybody watching TUF?

But I really like this dude he felt super bad when he saw how bad he hurt that dude.

i respect that, but the way they were talking about him during that episode sounded like he might hold back out because of guilt, doubt, etc..... we'll see if he can overcome that.

personally i think, if he doesn't win it, dana is gonna give him a contract regardless.
oh, and moving forward, any PPV which Jon Fitch is on should have a 20% discount.

50% if he's the main or co-main.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Feb 6, 2013 at 1:57 PM ]
Here's some of the young, up and coming Muay Thai fighters in the Bay Area fighting out of Fairtex. 1st round, I thought they were just sparring, but it seemed to get a little more competitive going forward.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
oh, and moving forward, any PPV which Jon Fitch is on should have a 20% discount.

50% if he's the main or co-main.

Hahaha
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Anybody watching TUF?

i respect that, but the way they were talking about him during that episode sounded like he might hold back out because of guilt, doubt, etc..... we'll see if he can overcome that.

personally i think, if he doesn't win it, dana is gonna give him a contract regardless.

They talked about the brutal KO before episode 2, they showed the ambulance leaving for the airport. All signs pointed to Hall being the one delivering the KO, especially when he has a NOS commercial now. Yeah his mental attitude and possibly his cardio are his only weaknesses.

This season is pretty good. I keep getting enticed to watch the next fights. Hart is so confident he's going to destroy Casey, and Casey's like wtf why does everyone think they can beat him and want to fight him, especially that Bubba dude. They show some highlights for the epsiode 3 fight...Hart's all bloodied up against the cage with Casey on him in the clinch..
Here's some of the young, up and coming Muay Thai fighters in the Bay Area fighting out of Fairtex. 1st round, I thought they were just sparring, but it seemed to get a little more competitive going forward.

IDK why, but that reminded me of this. Only less brutal.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
IDK why, but that reminded me of this. Only less brutal.

lulz, those kids are the most popular kids in school now
UFC on FOX 7 in San Jose is April 20th. Pre-order for tix is next week (the 14th). The card so far:

Ben Henderson vs. Gilbert Melendez
Frank Mir vs. Daniel Cormier
Matt Brown vs. Dan Hardy
Nate Diaz vs. Josh Thomson

Prelims
Clifford Starks vs. Yoel Romero
Myles Jury vs. Ramsey Nijem
Jorge Masvidal vs. Tim Means
Norman Parke vs. Jon Tuck
Roger Bowling vs. Anthony Njokuani
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
UFC on FOX 7 in San Jose is April 20th. Pre-order for tix is next week (the 14th). The card so far:

Ben Henderson vs. Gilbert Melendez
Frank Mir vs. Daniel Cormier
Matt Brown vs. Dan Hardy
Nate Diaz vs. Josh Thomson

Prelims
Clifford Starks vs. Yoel Romero
Myles Jury vs. Ramsey Nijem
Jorge Masvidal vs. Tim Means
Norman Parke vs. Jon Tuck
Roger Bowling vs. Anthony Njokuani

That doesn't really look like a championship card.