LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Frankie was starting to get the timing down on countering the leg kicks so also stopped. should have still tried to mix it in. he usually starts his combos off of that leg kick. he should try ending combos with the leg kick.

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Allistar is not overrated. When he was roided up he destroying fools,but as I said earlier in this thread, dude had something like 4x the amount of testosterone levels that a normal fighter should have when he failed the tests. Coming down from that , you will be lazy a f and unmotivated like a sommmabyttch.

if he needs the roids, doesn't that make him overrated? i never saw overeem as an overwhelming fighter until he started juicing.
as a boxing fan, Edgars' footwork is pretty badass. After those legkicks without checks, I thought it was going to be a long night for Frankie, but he kept the pace up and won the last 2 rounds. A rematch should be in order. That was a nice chessmatch.

footwork is something that a lot of fighters overlook. edgar probably has the best in the business.
Anthony Pettis texted Dana White after Aldo won it, telling Dana that he wanted to drop to featherweight and fight Aldo for the title, then move back up and fight the winner of Henderson/Melendez for the lightweight title.

Pettis definitely has the talent to do it, and it would be crazy to have a fighter defending two belts before he even hits his prime!! I'm already hearing that Dana White took Pettis on his offer and the fight might be scheduled on August 3
Looks like it's official!! Here is Dana on Pettis vs. Aldo:

Two of the baddest dudes in the fight business are going to fight at 145 pounds. These guys are two of the amazing, gravity-defying athletes in the sport. I am so pumped for this fight.

Can't wait for August 3!
In other MMA news, Andrei Arlovski has his next opponent.....Anthony "Rumble" Johnson....at HEAVYWEIGHT

WSOF will be holding this event on March 23.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
as a boxing fan, Edgars' footwork is pretty badass. After those legkicks without checks, I thought it was going to be a long night for Frankie, but he kept the pace up and won the last 2 rounds. A rematch should be in order. That was a nice chessmatch.

footwork is something that a lot of fighters overlook. edgar probably has the best in the business.

Fwankie should transition to boxing. He only wins on points. Hardly ever enough power to KO someone (unless your name is Gray). I'm tired of his ass dancing around during fights and then his team lifting him high on their shoulders claiming victory when he clearly got his ass kicked.

He should fight an exhibition against Mayweather :P
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Fwankie should transition to boxing. He only wins on points. Hardly ever enough power to KO someone (unless your name is Gray). I'm tired of his ass dancing around during fights and then his team lifting him high on their shoulders claiming victory when he clearly got his ass kicked.

He should fight an exhibition against Mayweather :P

like you said. Frankie has no power. boxing is twelve rounds brah
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Quote:
Two of the baddest dudes in the fight business are going to fight at 145 pounds. These guys are two of the amazing, gravity-defying athletes in the sport. I am so pumped for this fight.

Can't wait for August 3!
Ahhh wow, can't wait for that one!!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Pettis annoys me for some reason, but dude is a fkn badass. Aldo better channel his inner WEC champ for this one.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Pettis annoys me for some reason, but dude is a fkn badass. Aldo better channel his inner WEC champ for this one.

I'm a big fan of both fighters, but I see Aldo winning that one. Then again, I didn't think Pettis could stand with Cerrone, who's a much bigger fighter at 155 with a ton more experience as a kickboxer.

Anybody watching TUF?

Urijah Hall looks like a winner to me.
Anybody watching TUF?

The way he looks silva better watch out
But I really like this dude he felt super bad when he saw how bad he hurt that dude.
Josh Barnett declines offer from UFC
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Quote:

Can't wait for August 3!
Ahhh wow, can't wait for that one!!

"excited"
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Anybody watching TUF?

The way he looks silva better watch out
But I really like this dude he felt super bad when he saw how bad he hurt that dude.

i respect that, but the way they were talking about him during that episode sounded like he might hold back out because of guilt, doubt, etc..... we'll see if he can overcome that.

personally i think, if he doesn't win it, dana is gonna give him a contract regardless.
Share 49ersWebzone