LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Caveman Rickels vs Cupcake Woodard tonight on Spike.

What a weird day to have fights.......and late a f too
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:
hmm i wonder what happened with Randy Couture and UFC. Couture just signed a multi year deal with Bellator to be a coach.

Dana White happened. I'll bet more than half of all UFC fighters want to beat his ass.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
hmm i wonder what happened with Randy Couture and UFC. Couture just signed a multi year deal with Bellator to be a coach.

Dana White happened. I'll bet more than half of all UFC fighters want to beat his ass.

Hell yea, for sure. But can't deny the fact that Dana White takes care of his fighters as far as medical bills and such.
UFC Superbowl Pre-Party

Frankie Edgar vs Jose Aldo
Rashad Evans vs Antonio Rogerio Noguerira
Alistair Overeem vs Bigfoot Silva
Jon Fitch vs Demian Maia
Joseph Benevidez vs Ian McCall

my BOLD predictions. (want lil nog to win, but for some reason i think evans will be on his game tomorrow....)
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/8903356/rashad-evans-get-anderson-silva-fight-win-vs-antonio-rogerio-nogueira

LAS VEGAS -- A victory Saturday night at UFC 156 could land former light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans a title shot -- at middleweight -- promotion president Dana White said Thursday.

"If Rashad wins Saturday and wants to go down to 185, we would consider that," White said.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Hell yea, for sure. But can't deny the fact that Dana White takes care of his fighters as far as medical bills and such.

just saying.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dana-white-happy-never-business-023222040--mma.html

"Randy Couture comes off as the greatest guy in the world, Captain America. He's the furthest thing from it, and I'm happy to not be in business with him anymore," said White during the UFC 156 media day on Thursday. "Now I don't have to be in business with him ever again."

On October 11, 2007, Couture abruptly left the UFC. He and the promotion engaged in a legal dispute. Couture essentially lost the court battle and returned to the UFC in 2008. White says it was then that he got to know the real Randy.

"When that whole lawsuit went down, when he lied about his numbers, and lied about a lot of things, went into court and it didn't work out for him, I'd say that's when I really got to know him," said the UFC president.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Tryron Woodley........good lord man!!
Stiffened that dude like a board.........welcome to the UFC
Here come the big boys!
Overeem = Overrated lolz.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Overeem = Overrated lolz.

Yes.

After that fool was talking smack at the end of the round he got KO'd in the next. LMFAO!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If Aldo would've kept up his leg kicks, Edgar would have been done in round two.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If Aldo would've kept up his leg kicks, Edgar would have been done in round two.

as a boxing fan, Edgars' footwork is pretty badass. After those legkicks without checks, I thought it was going to be a long night for Frankie, but he kept the pace up and won the last 2 rounds. A rematch should be in order. That was a nice chessmatch.

Allistar is not overrated. When he was roided up he destroying fools,but as I said earlier in this thread, dude had something like 4x the amount of testosterone levels that a normal fighter should have when he failed the tests. Coming down from that , you will be lazy a f and unmotivated like a sommmabyttch.

I'd also wouldn't mind seeing Rashad vs Lil Nog again. People complained about the first round ''pattycake'' but they were just respecting each others' striking.
Those two were equally matched and pretty much the same fighter,but Rashad is a great takedown artist. I don't know why he didn't shoot as much.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
as much as I hate Edgar, he's a bad lil muthaf**ka.
fckin Overeem pissed me off. He had every opportunity to beat Silva, but was so cocky during this fight and tried to toy with him. use your fckin leg kicks, Alistair!!

Rashad v. Lil Nog was a good fight. Good to see Nog win one against someone of that caliber. I'd like to see Evans drop down to middleweight.

Aldo v. Frankie was awesome. Aldo showed fatigue which is probably why he didn't throw as many leg kicks in the last couple rounds. Good fight. I like Frankie. Always makes things interesting and he knows how to adapt to his opponents.

oh. and....TYRON FCKIN WOODLEY!! Dude is a beast! Glad he made a statement in his UFC debut. I want him to fight someone like Thiago Alves next.
Share 49ersWebzone