There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

damn son.
Strikeforce finale this Saturday. Marquardt, Cormier, Mousasi are all fighting.

10 pm EST on Showtime.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jan 10, 2013 at 6:33 AM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Strikeforce finale this Saturday. Marquardt, Cormier, Mousasi are all fighting.

10 pm EST on Showtime.

Mousasi said he was training real hard and hopes to transition well in the UFC at some point. Said he would drop to 185 if it meant a title shot against Silva.

I remember when he was touted as being the next Fedor.
I believe Eddie Alvarez has left Bellator and signed with the UFC for what sounds like a lucrative contract. I've read that he'll get $75k to show up for his fights and $75k if he wins. This doesn't include the money made from sponsors and bonuses. He also gets promised a title shot soon. IMO, the guy is overrated. I don't think he'll make a huge impact against UFC competition.
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/8834236/rousimar-palhares-joey-beltran-suspended-nine-months-each

The UFC has suspended Rousimar Palhares and Joey Beltran nine months each after they failed post-fight drug tests at an international UFC on FX event last month.

Palhares, who suffered a first-round knockout loss to Hector Lombard, was flagged for an elevated testosterone level
Beltran tested positive for the steroid nandrolone. His decision win over Igor Pokrajacwill be changed to a no-contest.

maybe their pee leaked in each others cups.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jan 11, 2013 at 12:52 PM ]
wait, THIS dude is on roids!!!???

NOWAI
Jacare Souza is a beast and I hope he transitions well into the UFC.

Nate Marquardt with a disappointing performance, although the dude he lost to has some skills.

Daniel Cormier is a beast. I hope UFC signs Josh Barnett as well.
Rumored main event for UFC on FOX 7:

Ben Henderson vs. Gilbert Melendez for the UFC Lightweight Championship
UFC on FX 7 this Saturday

Vitor Belfort vs. Michael Bisping
CB Dolloway vs. Daniel Sarafian
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Ben Rothwell
Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Thiago Tavares
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
wait, THIS dude is on roids!!!???

NOWAI

QFT
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:

God I hope not, Melendez hasn't even fought anyone in the UFC how the f**k does he deserve to fight for a championship??
Originally posted by Kolohe:

God I hope not, Melendez hasn't even fought anyone in the UFC how the f**k does he deserve to fight for a championship??

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the event is planned to be held in San Jose, basically Gil's stomping ground.

I actually thought that Eddie Alvarez was gonna get the first shot. They like the idea of a Champion vs. Champion bout, but if the Melendez that fought Josh Thomson the last time shows up, he has absolutely no shot against Ben. As a matter of fact, I think the best Gil Melendez still can't stop Ben Henderson.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the event is planned to be held in San Jose, basically Gil's stomping ground.

I actually thought that Eddie Alvarez was gonna get the first shot. They like the idea of a Champion vs. Champion bout, but if the Melendez that fought Josh Thomson the last time shows up, he has absolutely no shot against Ben. As a matter of fact, I think the best Gil Melendez still can't stop Ben Henderson.

Nevermind its the right call by the UFC to match Nederson and Melendez champ vs. champ good call 69er. And with that said, I gotta agee with you, I'll go with Ben Henderson and his big ass legs over Melendez!!!
ben henderson vs melendez is on, apirl 20th at hp pavillion, card also featuires daniel cormier vs frank mir
Originally posted by crabman82:
ben henderson vs melendez is on, apirl 20th at hp pavillion, card also featuires daniel cormier vs frank mir

yup i mentioned it above. can't wait. i think i'll attend.