LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
can't believe JDS lasted the 5 rounds.

This.

Did you hear Cain at the end though, he was almost out of gas -- that's why he couldn't finish JDS. It was definitely hard for Cain to keep JDS down on the ground. Cain will destroy Overeem (provided he gets past bigfoot). JDS vs. Cormier next?

he went all out for the finish in the 1st after he dropped JDS. usually the big boys are completely out of gas if they fail in that situation. it's crazy he could keep going.
Cain isn't that big for a hvywght but he makes it happen. Props to him.

I thought JDS was going to lay the hammer down.
.....wait who? you mean he's still been fighting?

Dan 'The Beast' Severn retires
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/8802938/dan-severn-retires-fighting

Dan "The Beast" Severn, a member of the UFC Hall of Fame, announced his retirement from mixed martial arts Tuesday.

The 54-year-old heavyweight ends his professional MMA career with a record of 101-19-7.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Severn
does he still have the Tom Selleck Stache?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
retired? I thought he was dead!

ANyway, I remember watching him drop knees, with all his weight behind him, on the head of some russian dude. s**t was traumatizing. I thought the dudes head was gonna explode. s**t was brutal.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
does he still have the Tom Selleck Stache?

just saying.

• jimrat
  • Veteran

Ouch
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
damn son.
Strikeforce finale this Saturday. Marquardt, Cormier, Mousasi are all fighting.

10 pm EST on Showtime.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jan 10, 2013 at 6:33 AM ]

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Strikeforce finale this Saturday. Marquardt, Cormier, Mousasi are all fighting.

10 pm EST on Showtime.

Mousasi said he was training real hard and hopes to transition well in the UFC at some point. Said he would drop to 185 if it meant a title shot against Silva.

I remember when he was touted as being the next Fedor.
I believe Eddie Alvarez has left Bellator and signed with the UFC for what sounds like a lucrative contract. I've read that he'll get $75k to show up for his fights and $75k if he wins. This doesn't include the money made from sponsors and bonuses. He also gets promised a title shot soon. IMO, the guy is overrated. I don't think he'll make a huge impact against UFC competition.
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/8834236/rousimar-palhares-joey-beltran-suspended-nine-months-each

The UFC has suspended Rousimar Palhares and Joey Beltran nine months each after they failed post-fight drug tests at an international UFC on FX event last month.

Palhares, who suffered a first-round knockout loss to Hector Lombard, was flagged for an elevated testosterone level
Beltran tested positive for the steroid nandrolone. His decision win over Igor Pokrajacwill be changed to a no-contest.

maybe their pee leaked in each others cups.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jan 11, 2013 at 12:52 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
wait, THIS dude is on roids!!!???

NOWAI
Jacare Souza is a beast and I hope he transitions well into the UFC.

Nate Marquardt with a disappointing performance, although the dude he lost to has some skills.

Daniel Cormier is a beast. I hope UFC signs Josh Barnett as well.
Share 49ersWebzone