There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
can't believe JDS lasted the 5 rounds.

guy was trying. he looked a little better at the end, but knew he was gonna lose to decision
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

This.

Did you hear Cain at the end though, he was almost out of gas -- that's why he couldn't finish JDS. It was definitely hard for Cain to keep JDS down on the ground. Cain will destroy Overeem (provided he gets past bigfoot). JDS vs. Cormier next?
Overeem is going to be fatigued and gassed himself with all of the roids out of his system. I can see that big fuvker losing.
Velasquez is just a heavyweight Clay Guida.

only with the cardio and relentlessness. cain's striking is way more efficient. you'd never see guida KO someone like Cain did to Big Nog. you'd also never see cain dance around with an opponent like guida did to maynard.
Overeem had 3 to 4 times the amount of Testosterone in his system at the time of his positive test.

That is crazy.

It will be VERY hard to keep up that level of training/motivation

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

This.

Did you hear Cain at the end though, he was almost out of gas -- that's why he couldn't finish JDS. It was definitely hard for Cain to keep JDS down on the ground. Cain will destroy Overeem (provided he gets past bigfoot). JDS vs. Cormier next?

he went all out for the finish in the 1st after he dropped JDS. usually the big boys are completely out of gas if they fail in that situation. it's crazy he could keep going.
Cain isn't that big for a hvywght but he makes it happen. Props to him.

I thought JDS was going to lay the hammer down.
.....wait who? you mean he's still been fighting?

Dan 'The Beast' Severn retires
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/8802938/dan-severn-retires-fighting

Dan "The Beast" Severn, a member of the UFC Hall of Fame, announced his retirement from mixed martial arts Tuesday.

The 54-year-old heavyweight ends his professional MMA career with a record of 101-19-7.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Severn
does he still have the Tom Selleck Stache?
retired? I thought he was dead!

ANyway, I remember watching him drop knees, with all his weight behind him, on the head of some russian dude. s**t was traumatizing. I thought the dudes head was gonna explode. s**t was brutal.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
does he still have the Tom Selleck Stache?

just saying.

• jimrat
  • Veteran

Ouch