There are 323 users in the forums

The 2013-14 MLB Hot Stove Tracker And Spring Training Discussion Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
CAN'T WAIT

Originally posted by marshniners24:
The angels LF, whoever it is, is the best LF in the game

Garret Anderson?
Yesterday proved why baseball remains to be America's pastime. The 1919 Black Sox Scandal reminded us the importance of integrity in the sport.

Spring Training is coming up, cannot wait.

Hardball 24/7, a site where you can get baseball news all in one place, will be available soon. For now, get a sneak peek on Twitter.

@hardball247
[ Edited by robniner on Feb 3, 2014 at 12:29 PM ]
Originally posted by robniner:
Yesterday proved why baseball remains to be America's pastime. The 1919 Black Sox Scandal reminded us the importance of integrity in the sport.

Hardball 24/7, a site where you can get baseball news all in one place, will be available soon. For now, get a sneak peek on Twitter.

@hardball247

I love baseball as much as anyone but football long ago passed baseball as America's pastime and most popular sport. TV ratings are like 4 times higher for the SB than a WS game. Not even close.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

@hardball247

I love baseball as much as anyone but football long ago passed baseball as America's pastime and most popular sport. TV ratings are like 4 times higher for the SB than a WS game. Not even close.

Exactly no one gives a s**t about watching baseball on their tv. Baseball will and always will be a sport you need to watch in person to get into unless you're a fan, but the casual viewer could careless. It just doesn't translate to tv as well as the NFL or NBA.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

@hardball247

Exactly no one gives a s**t about watching baseball on their tv. Baseball will and always will be a sport you need to watch in person to get into unless you're a fan, but the casual viewer could careless. It just doesn't translate to tv as well as the NFL or NBA.

That is why it is important to get accustomed to the sport as a kid; that is how I grew to love the sport. But two things still linger on on people's minds that did do some harm to the game:

1. The '94 strike
2. The steroid era and revelations

Fans were so disgusted that some just didn't comeback to follow the sport.

Hopefully with things going back to pre-juice levels, fans will comeback.
FANTASY BASEBALL LEAGUES

If you are interested to join my rotisserie league,or, my points league. Please let me know. Usually, returning managers from my leagues have first crack to fill the spots. Anything left will be offered to those who expressed their interest.

ANYBODY HERE CAN JOIN, including Ninerjohn.

Hope you have a competitive track record because my leagues can be very competitive.
Donnie Baseball is entertaining the idea of putting Puig to bat leadoff

Puig is not a leadoff hitter; he is a 3-4-5 hitter!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
MLB TV now available
Originally posted by jrg:
MLB TV now available

Signs the new season is near.

That is why it is important to get accustomed to the sport as a kid; that is how I grew to love the sport. But two things still linger on on people's minds that did do some harm to the game:

1. The '94 strike
2. The steroid era and revelations

Fans were so disgusted that some just didn't comeback to follow the sport.

Hopefully with things going back to pre-juice levels, fans will comeback.

I only watch baseball for the steroids
  • jrg
  • Veteran
so...Tracy McGrady huh?
Donnie Baseball is entertaining the idea of putting Puig to bat leadoff

Puig is not a leadoff hitter; he is a 3-4-5 hitter!

He would only be the lead off hitter in the first inning. I think he must be thinking he could get his best hitter 5 at bats a game.
so...Tracy McGrady huh?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10404273/former-nba-star-tracy-mcgrady-try-baseball

sign heeem! (to the dodgers
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
so...Tracy McGrady huh?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10404273/former-nba-star-tracy-mcgrady-try-baseball

sign heeem! (to the dodgers

Needs to seek tips from Michael Jordan.
Share 49ersWebzone