LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 420 users in the forums

Who Is The True Face Of MLB?

Who Is The True Face Of MLB?

Ryan Braun. For better or for worse.
Originally posted by crzy:
Mike Trout looking fat on that cover

The "Mike Trout is fat" talk will die down after he steals like 10 bases in April.

Nah, he just bulked up to look big.
Mike Scioscia said trout is only 8 pounds heavier than he was at the end of the year. Clearly all muscle though

and some of that has to do with him just being so young. hes not done filling out yet
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Niners99:

The "Mike Trout is fat" talk will die down after he steals like 10 bases in April.

We'll see about that.

I don't think his weight will affect his hitting at all (Prince Fielder and Sandoval prove this), but do I think it will affect his baserunning.

Trout will likely eventually be a middle of the order hitter anyways which will limit his opportunities to run.

But I don't see how anyone can just ignore that Trout is obviously packed on weight and still think he will steal 40+ bases.
[ Edited by crzy on Mar 2, 2013 at 7:28 AM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
It doesn't matter whether or not that weight is muscle...How many players weighing 240 have stolen 40 bases....Jose Canseco is the only one I can think of off the top of my head, and he only did that one year and immediately had injury problems after that
face of the MLB has got to be Eli Whiteside
It doesn't matter whether or not that weight is muscle...How many players weighing 240 have stolen 40 bases....Jose Canseco is the only one I can think of off the top of my head, and he only did that one year and immediately had injury problems after that

Cespedes can do that

Lol espn says Cespy is 5'10, 210 lbs. Dude looks a lot bigger than that
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Mar 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM ]
Cespedes....lol

good player

no where near the "Face" of the MLB

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KEGster:

We'll see about that.

I don't think his weight will affect his hitting at all (Prince Fielder and Sandoval prove this), but do I think it will affect his baserunning.

Trout will likely eventually be a middle of the order hitter anyways which will limit his opportunities to run.

But I don't see how anyone can just ignore that Trout is obviously packed on weight and still think he will steal 40+ bases.

Hes not that big. He got really sick in ST last year, and lost like 15 lbs. So when he started the year, he looked way lighter than usual. As the season went along he ended up at his normal weight. This year he only came into camp 10 lbs heavier than he ended last season. Its really no big deal, because he has a month to get into a little better shape. Thats what ST is for.

Former players say that back in the day you used ST as your offseason. Everyone showed up out of shape, and you just used March as a training month. Now most guys train all offseason, and show up to ST in playing shape. I heard one retired player say he thinks that might actually be the cause of more injuries now. Guys try way too hard in ST because they show up without anything to work on besides shaking rust off.

Either way I dont care what Mike Trout does this year. Hes not on my fantasy team, and im not an Angels fan. Its just my opinion that he still ends up stealing 50+ bases again.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Hmm...we'll just have to wait and see.
Hes not that big. He got really sick in ST last year, and lost like 15 lbs. So when he started the year, he looked way lighter than usual. As the season went along he ended up at his normal weight. This year he only came into camp 10 lbs heavier than he ended last season. Its really no big deal, because he has a month to get into a little better shape. Thats what ST is for.

Former players say that back in the day you used ST as your offseason. Everyone showed up out of shape, and you just used March as a training month. Now most guys train all offseason, and show up to ST in playing shape. I heard one retired player say he thinks that might actually be the cause of more injuries now. Guys try way too hard in ST because they show up without anything to work on besides shaking rust off.

Either way I dont care what Mike Trout does this year. Hes not on my fantasy team, and im not an Angels fan. Its just my opinion that he still ends up stealing 50+ bases again.

I've heard that his bulking up may affect his speed game.
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Cespedes....lol

good player

no where near the "Face" of the MLB

Easily the face of the MLB.
Share 49ersWebzone