LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 192 users in the forums

What is the dumbest team name in all of sports?

Akron Zips?
Not dumb but funny to me

The Modesto Nuts
Cleveland Browns
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Lakers is stupid. Makes some sense when they were in Minnesota but still stupid.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
The Sacramento Kings. Oh NAME?

This. Definitely the dumbest team in sports.
Buffalo Bills. I get it and I know how they got the name, its just stupid. Plus their mascot is an animal that has the same name as their city, has nothing to do with their name or who they were named after.

Orlando Magic. Just stupid, yes I know magic kingdom is in Orlando but its still stupid.
Names in general are pretty lame. Most teams (on the international level) just stick with their city names. Nothing wrong with being called San Francisco with the SF logo on our helmet. 49ers ? Really ?

Hornets ?
Raptors ?
Orioles ?
Red Sox ?
Packers ?
Browns ?

The entire system is a joke.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
When I was little I thought the Browns were named after hashbrowns. I think their name is kind of cool in a weird way.. named after thei coach Paul Brown.. also Bill Walsh really got started under Paul Brown.
Originally posted by cook49ers:
Names in general are pretty lame. Most teams (on the international level) just stick with their city names. Nothing wrong with being called San Francisco with the SF logo on our helmet. 49ers ? Really ?

Hornets ?
Raptors ?
Orioles ?
Red Sox ?
Packers ?
Browns ?

Whats wrong with 49ers and Packers?
Both represent something to do with their state.

Hornets ?
Raptors ?
Orioles ?
Red Sox ?
Packers ?
Browns ?

lol wut. Says the guy with 49ers in his name. You should just be cook

Hornets ?
Raptors ?
Orioles ?
Red Sox ?
Packers ?
Browns ?

What is your favorite team?
San Francisco.
Which one?
San Francisco!!
Football team? Baseball team? Basketball team (in 2017)?
Oh, the football team.
St. Louis Cardinals... same for Zona
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Mighty Ducks
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

It's true. A cardinal is a little p***y bird. Not even a raptor. Just a little tweeting bird that gets eaten. Has nothing to do with it being your team.
Share 49ersWebzone