There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 MLB Playoffs Thread

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Alright....I guess I will be the one to disagree with EVERYone.

The call was correct.

shocking
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Alright....I guess I will be the one to disagree with EVERYone.

The call was correct.

shocking

225 feet from home plate, longest recorded infield fly rule ever. Besides the obvious error, which makes it not routine by rule.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 110,047
Been reading a lot of Braves fans pissed (which is fair), but also saying that costed them the game


[ Edited by jrg on Oct 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM ]
someone predicted the game almost two weeks ago

I think it's more fair from a standpoint that anything can happen in one game — a blown call by an umpire, a bad day at the office … at least in a two-of-three-game series you have some sort of leeway."


-Chipper Jones
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Alright....I guess I will be the one to disagree with EVERYone.

The call was correct.

shocking

225 feet from home plate, longest recorded infield fly rule ever. Besides the obvious error, which makes it not routine by rule.

Neither the 2nd base or the 3rd base umpire was going to make that call. It is their call - not some guy in LF. It must be a routine play and also called quickly. It was certainly not a routine play and called way too late. Horrible call.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,850
Originally posted by ads_2006:
someone predicted the game almost two weeks ago

I think it's more fair from a standpoint that anything can happen in one game — a blown call by an umpire, a bad day at the office … at least in a two-of-three-game series you have some sort of leeway."

-Chipper Jones

Chipper also blamed himself for making that throwing error more for losing the game than the umps.
Stand up doot
[ Edited by Garcia on Oct 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 110,047
Felt like Gio Gonzalez had 100 balls in the 2nd inning
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 110,047
pretty much every one of our teams (besides 9erfan4life/tigers) are in a bad way right now

cardinals
giants
a's
braves
angels
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 8, 2012 at 8:22 AM ]
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 48,393
Originally posted by jrg:
pretty much every one of our teams (besides 9erfan4life/tigers) are in a bad way right now

the giants are trying to f**k up my dream WS
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 110,047
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by jrg:
pretty much every one of our teams (besides 9erfan4life/tigers) are in a bad way right now

the giants are trying to f**k up my dream WS

screw the giants. cardinals/tigers...again
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 48,393
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by jrg:
pretty much every one of our teams (besides 9erfan4life/tigers) are in a bad way right now

the giants are trying to f**k up my dream WS

screw the giants. cardinals/tigers...again

rematch!

just beat Texas in The Show to go to the WS Tigers vs Washington
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 110,047
Jon Jay is such a pimp

[ Edited by jrg on Oct 8, 2012 at 4:35 PM ]
  • iohk
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,324
Beltran!
Thanks for the name drop James
East coast Giants