There are 159 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

i wish my mavs coulda won that game tonite against spurs...why take a three when down by only 1??hopefully we can get dat 8th seed
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Re: the NBA's inevitable PED scandal ... it's pretty interesting, I think, that two important supporting cast players from Howard's best years in Orlando have been caught in PED controversies.

If I were investigating, I would focus my efforts first on Phoenix and Orlando. Then I'd look at the German trainers.

I think PEDs and HGH is a problem in every lock room...not just a select few. These guys are competitors and are looking for any edge they possibly can. I think HGH is a serious issue for guys who are injured often as they try to make a quick recovery.

Also, I don't get why Phoenix is being targeted because they supposedly have an excellent training staff. If they were giving something to Nash to stay relatively healthy, wouldn't Nash tell Lakers trainers what he was given in Phoenix?

Maybe the training staff wasn't fully honest to the players about the treatment they were giving.

And maybe players are reluctant to say "Hey all these years we've been cheating. Let's do it here, too!" lol

It's NBA...till last year they were flopping all over the court and many people would feel that's cheating as well. These guys are looking for an edge and if they can get away with it...they are very likely to go for it - and I've a feeling training staff and ownership will look the other way...just like they did in baseball.

Let's not be so careless as to compare flopping to taking PEDs.

I'm not comparing them...but the fact remains; players take illegal drugs and trainers and owners look the other way. If their is a chance of gettin' caught - only then they will intervene. The psyche of a baseball owner/player/trainer isn't different from people working in NBA and NFL.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Re: the NBA's inevitable PED scandal ... it's pretty interesting, I think, that two important supporting cast players from Howard's best years in Orlando have been caught in PED controversies.

If I were investigating, I would focus my efforts first on Phoenix and Orlando. Then I'd look at the German trainers.

I think PEDs and HGH is a problem in every lock room...not just a select few. These guys are competitors and are looking for any edge they possibly can. I think HGH is a serious issue for guys who are injured often as they try to make a quick recovery.

Also, I don't get why Phoenix is being targeted because they supposedly have an excellent training staff. If they were giving something to Nash to stay relatively healthy, wouldn't Nash tell Lakers trainers what he was given in Phoenix?

Maybe the training staff wasn't fully honest to the players about the treatment they were giving.

And maybe players are reluctant to say "Hey all these years we've been cheating. Let's do it here, too!" lol

It's NBA...till last year they were flopping all over the court and many people would feel that's cheating as well. These guys are looking for an edge and if they can get away with it...they are very likely to go for it - and I've a feeling training staff and ownership will look the other way...just like they did in baseball.

Let's not be so careless as to compare flopping to taking PEDs.

I'm not comparing them...but the fact remains; players take illegal drugs and trainers and owners look the other way. If their is a chance of gettin' caught - only then they will intervene. The psyche of a baseball owner/player/trainer isn't different from people working in NBA and NFL.

I really don't feel passionate enough about this to have a prolonged debate, but............you sorta were comparing the 2. It was the first thing you brought up in defense of your opinion.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I really don't feel passionate enough about this to have a prolonged debate, but............you sorta were comparing the 2. It was the first thing you brought up in defense of your opinion.

Naah...just pointing out the definition of cheating is pretty loose and arbitrary.

Players don't care...they are looking for an edge, regardless of sport. If someone has been cheating for years, they are not going to stop because they moved to a new city.
Ain't no dirty trainers in PHX. Ya'll are crazy.
This thread sucks now
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Ain't no dirty trainers in PHX. Ya'll are crazy.

Ain't no trainers period in sac-to

Couldn't afford them
Originally posted by marshniners24:
This thread sucks now

this
If you're able to tune in, watch this Lakers vs. Pacers game. Less than 5 minutes in and the atmosphere is electric.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
If you're able to tune in, watch this Lakers vs. Pacers game. Less than 5 minutes in and the atmosphere is electric.

Great game...and Lakers won! Huge win for them!

Without #8??
Without #8??

He played the first quarter and sat the rest of the game. I seriously can't believe they pulled it off.
Without #8??

He played the first quarter and sat the rest of the game. I seriously can't believe they pulled it off.

Just saw that on espn

You guys are cray!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

nasty
Share 49ersWebzone