LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

Perfect timing from our HGH discussion yesterday: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9031485/nba-nears-agreement-nbpa-test-hgh-sources-say

These fools will finally start testing for it. We'll see what transpires
Originally posted by sacniner:
Perfect timing from our HGH discussion yesterday: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9031485/nba-nears-agreement-nbpa-test-hgh-sources-say

I bet 80% of NFL players and at least half of players in the NBA take HGH
I still can't believe NFL doesn't have HGH testing
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
Memphis doesnt look like they are missing Gay very much.

What I like a about Memphis is - they are built for the playoffs too. They are gonna be tough to beat in April and May.

They'll get skinnier
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:

They'll get skinnier

HGH is mostly taken for faster recovery from injury or everyday grind during a long season. It's usually taken by older players as their body can't recover like it used. If younger guys are taking something - it's probably something else to boost their testosterone levels.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

What I like a about Memphis is - they are built for the playoffs too. They are gonna be tough to beat in April and May.

I think they're missing that go-to guy that they need to make legitimate noise in the playoffs. The main reason that I want the Lakers to avoid OKC and the Clippers in the playoffs isn't their athleticism, it's because they have 3 stone cold killers between 'em in Durant, Westbrook, & CP3. I thought Memphis was really hurt by that last year and that's why they lost to LAC in the first round.

Them vs. Denver would be a great clash of styles though, and it's not like the Nuggets have a go-to guy either.
Bill Simmons saying that OKC first offered James Harden to Golden State for Klay Thompson. Golden State turned down the deal because they were too cheap and afraid of the luxury tax hit....

Cheap f**ks.

If Harden got traded to GS, I'd cream my pants
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Bill Simmons saying that OKC first offered James Harden to Golden State for Klay Thompson. Golden State turned down the deal because they were too cheap and afraid of the luxury tax hit....

Cheap f**ks.

well good thing we traded Stephen Jackson for Richard Jefferson.
Wouldn't want to give that money to a player like Harden, would we?
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Mar 8, 2013 at 5:17 PM ]
  • Jiks
Via NBA trivia?
Wilt Chamberlain never fouled out his entire career? Hows that possible?
Looking foward to the Houston, Golden State matchup tonight. 2 of my favorite players going at it (Curry and Harden) I hope the Warriors win though, I got Curry in fantasy lol.

Renaldo Balkman breeking de buck out in de Billipine Basketball League. Yes, I love de announcers.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/08/renaldo-balkman-loses-it-chokes-teammate-in-philippines-game-video/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Cheap f**ks.

well good thing we traded Stephen Jackson for Richard Jefferson.
Wouldn't want to give that money to a player like Harden, would we?

Man this was the one time in almost any sport that I could have a superstar from my college and playing for my hometown team....its gonna hurt for awhile.

Still stuck with Kyle Williams on he 49ers who has managed to cost both teams an important game due to muffed punt
Originally posted by YungAce:

They'll get skinnier

HGH is mostly taken for faster recovery from injury or everyday grind during a long season. It's usually taken by older players as their body can't recover like it used. If younger guys are taking something - it's probably something else to boost their testosterone levels.

It was a joke.

Yeah, I could see a lot of bigger name's with past use of HGH. Wouldn't surprise me one bit
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I think they're missing that go-to guy that they need to make legitimate noise in the playoffs. The main reason that I want the Lakers to avoid OKC and the Clippers in the playoffs isn't their athleticism, it's because they have 3 stone cold killers between 'em in Durant, Westbrook, & CP3. I thought Memphis was really hurt by that last year and that's why they lost to LAC in the first round.

Them vs. Denver would be a great clash of styles though, and it's not like the Nuggets have a go-to guy either.

True, but their defense is off the charts. I understand not having a go-to player is a huge weakness - but with that defense - they are one of the teams that can overcome it. They have good defenders at every level, they play great individual defense, great team defense, they rebound, they block, the steal the ball. On defense, they have no weakness. On offense, they have well enough to win in half-court game - exactly what you need in the playoffs.

I like them in playoffs...I think outside of OKC - every team's got a major weakness or two.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason McIntyre ‏@TheBigLead

Ugh. 4th seed, first rd exit? RT @AdamZagoria: Breaking: #KnicksAmar'e Stoudemire out 6 weeks with right knee surgery
Share 49ersWebzone