There are 261 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran

[ Edited by jrg on Mar 6, 2013 at 11:33 PM ]
That is f**king sick!!! The windmill made it even better.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Looks like he had to do a windmill. Wasn't thrown high enough for a normal slam.
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Looks like he had to do a windmill. Wasn't thrown high enough for a normal slam.

True but still soooo badass!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I think that's a better pass and dunk. But, Griffin and Crawford was nice too.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
^ya that was bad ass too
  • jrg
  • Veteran
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9025882/dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-responds-criticism-former-orlando-magic-teammates

"My statement was just to say that our team that I played with in Orlando, we were the underdogs," Howard said after the Lakers' 108-102 win over the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday night. "Nobody really talked about our team. It was underrated. Everybody overlooked us for the whole time I was there in Orlando and I hated that. We all hated that. We thrived off that. My comments were never to say anything disrespectful to those guys. Those were my teammates for years. They helped me become the player that I am today and we all got to the Finals because of that.

"I would never say anything disrespectful to those guys and I think a lot of people took that and ran with it, twisted it into a negative thing. I love those guys. We've had some great memories and we thrived off people saying that we weren't going to make it to the Finals, we weren't going to be a good team. That's what pushed us."
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Magic leading Heat 84-81 in 4th quarter

Vucevic with 23/20 so far

Last time they faced on 12/21 Vucevic had 20pts 29reb

Magic gave everything the Heat could handle. Some calls towards the end of the game went Heat's way too and then Lebron hit the game winner with 3 seconds left. Fun game to watch.

Vucevic was insane.

Vucevic is gonna be a star

So he will be a Laker soon?
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Magic leading Heat 84-81 in 4th quarter

Vucevic with 23/20 so far

Last time they faced on 12/21 Vucevic had 20pts 29reb

Magic gave everything the Heat could handle. Some calls towards the end of the game went Heat's way too and then Lebron hit the game winner with 3 seconds left. Fun game to watch.

Vucevic was insane.

Vucevic is gonna be a star

So he will be a Laker soon?

The 42/12/7 on 66.7% from the field that Kobe put up last night is something that no NBA player has done since at least 1986, and probably longer, since basketball-reference's search engine only goes back to that year. Only 7 guys have even put up 42/12/7 in that time, even without the FG% qualifier.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=ast&c1comp=gt&c1val=12&c2stat=trb&c2comp=gt&c2val=7&c3stat=pts&c3comp=gt&c3val=42&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Mar 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM ]

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The 42/12/7 on 66.7% from the field that Kobe put up last night is something that no NBA player has done since at least 1986, and probably longer, since basketball-reference's search engine only goes back to that year. Only 7 guys have even put up 42/12/7 in that time, even without the FG% qualifier.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=ast&c1comp=gt&c1val=12&c2stat=trb&c2comp=gt&c2val=7&c3stat=pts&c3comp=gt&c3val=42&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

Deer Antler Spray
Is Kobe as atheltic as he was in his late 20s? Dude looks WAY quicker and explosive this year than the past couple of years. I remember the last couple of years he relied a lot on head fakes in the post. Now, he is shaking the s**t out of people and finishing at the rim... A lot of these cats will be going to Germany for whatever the hell they did there.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Is Kobe as atheltic as he was in his late 20s? Dude looks WAY quicker and explosive this year than the past couple of years. I remember the last couple of years he relied a lot on head fakes in the post. Now, he is shaking the s**t out of people and finishing at the rim... A lot of these cats will be going to Germany for whatever the hell they did there.

Deer Antler Spray
Originally posted by valrod33:

Deer Antler Spray

Maybe something borderline... who knows, he made that doctor in Germany a s**t load of money though. We need to send Frank up there.

I don't think he's quite as athletic, but he's close. Spot on observations regarding the head fakes and stuff. The last couple of years, teams have been putting bigger defenders on him and he couldn't handle their combination of size/quickness. (guys like Batum/Josh Smith, for example) Now he's abusing them. Sure hope it's the Germany procedure and not PEDs. But in this era, unfortunately, whenever a guy does something like this there's gonna be questions, and rightfully so.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Mar 7, 2013 at 10:20 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone