LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by FL9er:
Kyrie Irving is really fun to watch.

I was at a bar yesterday with 4 other coaches and we were all oohing and aahing at just about everything he did. They need to put some talent around him.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Kyrie Irving is really fun to watch.

I was at a bar yesterday with 4 other coaches and we were all oohing and aahing at just about everything he did. They need to put some talent around him.

He will be playing with Lebron in a few years
Originally posted by valrod33:
He will be playing with Lebron in a few years

Bron going back to Cleveland

LeBron's master plan of finding a way to bring talent to him to Cleveland works. He leaves, cavs get #1 pick and draft Irving, LeBron comes back. They win the next 10 championships together.

LeBron is a genius.
Worst. Trade deadline. Ever.

lol JJ Redick was the headliner
Soooo....does Harden get some MVP love? You know, that overpaid backup scrub

Can't wait for next year if the Rockets can grab a top forward.

I've been watching some college ball lately, ASU has another promising player. PG Jahii Carson. Only 5'10 though so probably too small. But might win PAC-12 frosh of the year and player of the year, last guy to do that was Kevin Love.

And UNLV has a REALLY good SF with Anthony Bennett

Check out his ball skills and athleticism for a 6'8 guy. Sorry Cal fans.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I've been watching some college ball lately, ASU has another promising player. PG Jahii Carson. Only 5'10 though so probably too small. But might win PAC-12 frosh of the year and player of the year, last guy to do that was Kevin Love.

And UNLV has a REALLY good SF with Anthony Bennett

Check out his ball skills and athleticism for a 6'8 guy. Sorry Cal fans.

Trob
Rockets could have 15-20 million in cap room next offseason to get a max guy. They saved some cap room with this deal, Garcia's 6.4 million team option wont be picked up, plus Delfino's 3 million wont be picked up most likely.

The best player lost was Patterson. Morris was garbage for most of his career here, which was 1 and half years about. His only good thing was a backup Forward, and 3 pointer, but sucked at starting. He is reunited with Markief, his twin brother though.

Very surprised Josh Smith wasn't dealt by Atlanta. Guess teams low balled them, since he is a FA after the season, so why trade away picks and players for a rental.

I guess the rotation will be for the remainder.

C- Asik, Greg Smith
PF- Thompson, Motiejunas
SF- Parsons, Delfino
SG- Harden, James Anderspn
PG- Lin, Beverley

Not sure what spot Garcia will play in the rotation. Plus they have Terrence Jones and Royce White, who will beor has reported to the D-League.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Feb 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM ]
J.R. Smith likes them young:

• teeohh
  • Veteran
Lol the pipe

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Naah, he is not MVP caliber. He is also no scrub. I've always felt he is a pretty darn good player...though I never thought he will be this good.

It's between Lebron and Durant...with CP3 and Anthony with a small chance.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Feb 22, 2013 at 12:23 AM ]
It will/should be LeBron
  • jrg
  • Veteran

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/trade-deadline-worst-ever-003028760--nba.html
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
It will/should be LeBron

Ya, it's not even that close either. The only other person in the conversation IMO is CP3, rather than Durant.
The Spurs are a really interesting case study. They've had the same coach & Top 3 players for the last 10 years. I can't even think of anyone else in all of sports who's had their best 3 players and coach together for FIVE years, much less for 10. One thing that's kinda bittersweet about coaching HS ball is that I feel like both years the kids just really started to "get it" right when the season was ending. Having the same top guys running the same system from the same great coach for that long is an ENORMOUS advantage. Heck, even a lot of their role players have been there a really long time compared to role players on other teams. I'm surprised more teams don't try to do this, especially in small markets.
Share 49ersWebzone