There are 246 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

He should go to the clipps
Originally posted by SF69ers:
no NBA draft news to post? with Warrior fans finally happy to make the playoffs, we're usually the ones posting about the draft lol

they have no draft picks, lol
Originally posted by pdizo916:
no NBA draft news to post? with Warrior fans finally happy to make the playoffs, we're usually the ones posting about the draft lol

they have no draft picks, lol

exactly what i meant when i said that we're usually the ones talking about the draft.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
George Karl is the Tony Dungy of NBA coaches, and even Dungy won a ring.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Lol that phaggots gonna go broke once his balls drop and he cant sing pretty

LOL
Rodman also said Jordan would average at least 40 points per game in the current NBA.

"I'm just sick and tired of people comparing (James) to Michael Jordan," Rodman said. "It's a whole different era, man."

Rodman said the NBA game was much more physical then than it is now.

"LeBron came into the age of the game at a perfect time," Rodman said. "Michael came into the game when back then you could hit people, knock him down, shoot a free throw and get back up. And LeBron can't do that. All they do today is (complain) about a foul. All they do is (complain)."

So how would James and the Miami Heat stack up against the 1990s Bulls?

"It would be no contest," Rodman said. "The Heat has better talent than we had, but we had smarter players. That's the only thing we had, smarter players. ... I would take (Chris) Bosh out of his damn game easy. That's not even a problem. And how would Dwyane Wade match up with Scottie Pippen? Really? And Scottie Pippen would guard LeBron easy. And how are you going to cover those two guys (Jordan and Pippen)?"

Rodman also said Jordan would average at least 40 points per game in the current NBA.

"I'm just sick and tired of people comparing (James) to Michael Jordan," Rodman said. "It's a whole different era, man."

"LeBron came into the age of the game at a perfect time," Rodman said. "Michael came into the game when back then you could hit people, knock him down, shoot a free throw and get back up. And LeBron can't do that. All they do today is (complain) about a foul. All they do is (complain)."

"It would be no contest," Rodman said. "The Heat has better talent than we had, but we had smarter players. That's the only thing we had, smarter players. ... I would take (Chris) Bosh out of his damn game easy. That's not even a problem. And how would Dwyane Wade match up with Scottie Pippen? Really? And Scottie Pippen would guard LeBron easy. And how are you going to cover those two guys (Jordan and Pippen)?"

that's great
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

that's great

its funny because it's true
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

that's great

its funny because it's true

Yup the Bulls would mow right through the Heat
bucks offered Monta a 3 year deal
I wonder if this means they'd rather have him than Jennings

The Bucks offered the 27-year-old guard a two-year extension through the 2015-'16 season, resulting in a total package of nearly $36 million over three years, according to a source. Ellis would have been required to opt in to get the additional two years on the deal.

That includes the first year at $11 million, with annual raises bringing the total to $11.8 million in the second year and $13 million in the final year.

The average salary would have been about $12 million.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Dennis Rodman also thinks Kim Jong-un is his good friend. lol

Jordan got so many calls during his career, top players often joked that don't even get close to Jordan - refs will blow a whistle. What Rodman forgets is how Karl Malone dominated him and Lebron is faster and bigger with better handles than Malone. Rodman will get dunked on by so many great athletes who are playin' in this generation. Back then Malone was a freak of nature...lol - he'd be slow in today's game.

Pippen and Jordan were great two-way players...but just like Jordan and Pippen played with hand-check rules on offense, they played with hand-check rules on defense too. Take that away, and they may not be as good of defenders as Kobe, Wade, Lebron etc. at their positions.

These older players like to have it both ways. First they will talk about how they went against great defenses because certain rules were not in place (there were only 2-3 teams who played solid D, other teams were crap...watch some old NBA games on NBA TV) and then claim how great they were themselves defensively.

It's funny...I read a quote about 80s NBA from a player who played with Oscar Robertson. He said something similar about Jordan what Rodman said about Lebron. All these old turds think their generation was the best. What they don't realize is, the game is constantly gettin' more competitive...physically and mentally. Half of them wouldn't even be able to deal with media, money and the criticism that comes with it in today's game and a guy like Rodman (who had trouble controlling emotions...would have tough time stayin' on the court to shut down someone like Chris Bosh).
Lebron isn't bigger than Karl Malone lol
My all time NBA starting five:

PG: Magic Johnson
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Lebron James
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
My all time NBA starting five:

PG: Magic Johnson
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Lebron James
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

I'd swap Duncan for Garnett, but that's a good 5.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Lebron isn't bigger than Karl Malone lol

This is from 2009 article:

And just how big is James, exactly? Well, that is a matter of intense speculation around the NBA. He came into the league in 2003 weighing 240 pounds and is listed at 250 in this year's media guide, but that number is clearly low. There are whispers that he goes 265; one report recently had him at 274. "He's at least 260, right?" guessed Jackson, who added that D-ing up James is like "guarding a brick wall.

"Read More:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/chris_ballard/01/27/lebron.james/#ixzz2VkqIhV7h

Share 49ersWebzone