Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

i miss the nba on tbs and nbc.

i hate it on espn and abc.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i miss the nba on tbs and nbc.

i hate it on espn and abc.

The genius John Tesh's work will never grace the NBA airways again.

nothing beats nba on tnt
Originally posted by jrg:
nothing beats nba on tnt

this x 10000000000
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
nothing beats nba on tnt

this x 10000000000

Actually, when your team is playing in late june on ABC, it's much much better.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
nothing beats nba on tnt

this x 10000000000

I know what you're saying but ABC's coverage of the NBA is hot garbage on a sunny day.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
nothing beats nba on tnt

this x 10000000000

Originally posted by Antix:

I know what you're saying but ABC's coverage of the NBA is hot garbage on a sunny day.

Cousins with a dominating start
  • crzy
  • Veteran
nothing beats nba on tnt

Nonesense

NBA on NBC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NBA on TNT
Originally posted by crzy:
Nonesense

I used to love waking up to NBA on NBC. I remember that theme song as a kid... s*it used to give me wood.
Originally posted by crzy:
nothing beats nba on tnt

Nonesense

nah
Drummond looked good in his debut with Detroit last night. I watched part of the game. Looks better than he did in the summer, which makes sense, because I think he's the kind of guy that plays better with better players around him to set him up. Love the left handed swat. Can't believe this dude went #9. He just turned 19 years old, for chrissakes.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Drummond looked good in his debut with Detroit last night. I watched part of the game. Looks better than he did in the summer, which makes sense, because I think he's the kind of guy that plays better with better players around him to set him up. Love the left handed swat. Can't believe this dude went #9. He just turned 19 years old, for chrissakes.

Yeah, I was reading up on him last night. It sounds like he has a lot of learning to do as the staff is putting in a lot of time with him. But it also sounds like UConn didn't put in a lot of effort coaching him up, probably knowing he was a goner after the season.
[ Edited by AmpLee on Oct 11, 2012 at 12:40 PM ]
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Yeah, I was reading up on him last night. It sounds like he has a lot of learning to do as the staff is putting in a lot of time with him. It sounds like UConn didn't put in a lot of effort coaching him up, probably knowing he was a goner after the season.

UConn rarely did put a lot of time into their big guys. Drummond, Thabeet, Hilton Armstrong, Josh Boone...they've had several bigs over the last few years that had athletic tools, but were no better when they left the program than when they got there. Dunno if that'll change now that Calhoun is gone, but I really think that a few teams whiffed by passing up on him. I think that Cleveland, for example, is going to have a hard time justifying passing up the chance to pair Kyrie Irving with a huge, physically gifted big man because they wanted Dion Waiters.