Was at the game last night. WOW it was shaking at Oracle. The crowd went into a frenzy with some of those officiating calls. Here are things I noticed:
- stating the obvious that David Lee is a HUGE part of this team and he battled with Farried/McGee all night. He should definitely have more rebounds but when he knew he wasn't going to get it, he'd tip the ball to a teammate.
- our zone defense is TERRIBLE. guys' feet just aren't quick enough and there's no communication leaving people wide open. as soon as we went back to MAN, we started locking them down.
- Draymond Green brings in so much energy with his defense. Landry couldn't defend Gallinari, but when Green came in, Gallinari was locked down.
- Jarrett Jack, although hitting some big shots, should NEVER inbound a pass. He had two turnovers just doing that!!
- Farried really is a beast. He's like the Justin Smith of basketball. So much energy and a non stop motor, however, I did see him elbow a lot in the paint.
- some of the worst officiating I've witnessed. With a team as physical as Denver, they need to be consistent calling fouls for BOTH teams. I felt like there were A LOT of questionable foul calls on us ESPECIALLY the three-point foul call towards the end of the game against Jack. Iggy was fouled way before he went for a shot. Also, the jump ball call cuz Farried had a lane violation. REALLY?! Not to mention adding .2 seconds to the clock after they called the ball out on bounds on us when it was clear that Brewer (I think it was him) had touched it last. These refs were doing all they can to hand Denver the win.
--Oh, and Michael Crabtree was there! He stuck around for the whole game and hung out with a few of the players.
[ Edited by SF69ers on Nov 30, 2012 at 9:32 AM ]