There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 Oregon Ducks Football Thread (GO DUCKS!!!)

We leapfrogged LSU for the No. 2 spot in the country
impressive defensive performance last night
^^
Anyone see that sign in stands last night that said: The only Husky thing about Washington is their women.

Oh sh#t LOL's
Originally posted by WhoGotItBetterThenUs:
Anyone see that sign in stands last night that said: The only Husky thing about Washington is their women.

Oh sh#t LOL's


That lit up my FB thread. I used to live up north, and there were a lot of girls I know from the Spokane area commenting on my friend's post about the sign. They were all like, ":s" and "dislike." It was hilarious.
Australia colors

Great cheerleaders
Originally posted by WhoGotItBetterThenUs:
Anyone see that sign in stands last night that said: The only Husky thing about Washington is their women.

Oh sh#t LOL's

Hahahahah I love it
ducks really wearing these for breast cancer? pretty cool

^^^ I have not seen those yet?? Those look dope though! I love when we wear the stormtrooper uniforms, they're definitely my favorite.
Alright Ducks, time to get roasted in the desert!!!!

We will probably lose, but I'm super excited for the game.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Alright Ducks, time to get roasted in the desert!!!!

We will probably lose, but I'm super excited for the game.

We've had over a week to prepare for this, I'm not too worried

But a lot of our beat writers have said they picked this game as the biggest trap game of the year. We shall see.

What do you think of your team though? I haven't been able to see them play yet, and neither have any of my roommates. 5-1 looks good, but is it a soft 5-1?
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
We've had over a week to prepare for this, I'm not too worried

But a lot of our beat writers have said they picked this game as the biggest trap game of the year. We shall see.

What do you think of your team though? I haven't been able to see them play yet, and neither have any of my roommates. 5-1 looks good, but is it a soft 5-1?

Soft 5-1,we haven't played any quality offense (Mizzou was missing their QB, Utah was missing QB). I think we are an 8 win team, and I think an upset is possible but not likely. You guys should win by 15+. We are a bit different this year with new coach:

Offense: Run heavy spread, no-huddle offense. Our top recievers are our RBs (we use 3) and TE. Our QB Kelly is in his first year and he can run a bit, is a great scrambler, smart player, doesn't turn it over. We use a 2-QB system, Michael Eubank will come in and run more of a QB run option offense.

Defense: 3-3-5 D with a safety/LB hybrid position. We blitz on almost every single play. DT/DE Sutton is #4 in sacks and #4 in TFL. We have a handful of blitzing LBs (Chris Young - JUCO transfer, Carl Bradford, Brandon Magee - missed last year due to injury). Junior Onyeali (2 years ago won PAc-10 defensive rookie of the year) doesn't start, he usually splits time with Bradford to keep our blitzers fresh.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Soft 5-1,we haven't played any quality offense (Mizzou was missing their QB, Utah was missing QB). I think we are an 8 win team, and I think an upset is possible but not likely. You guys should win by 15+. We are a bit different this year with new coach:

Offense: Run heavy spread, no-huddle offense. Our top recievers are our RBs (we use 3) and TE. Our QB Kelly is in his first year and he can run a bit, is a great scrambler, smart player, doesn't turn it over. We use a 2-QB system, Michael Eubank will come in and run more of a QB run option offense.

Defense: 3-3-5 D with a safety/LB hybrid position. We blitz on almost every single play. DT/DE Sutton is #4 in sacks and #4 in TFL. We have a handful of blitzing LBs (Chris Young - JUCO transfer, Carl Bradford, Brandon Magee - missed last year due to injury). Junior Onyeali (2 years ago won PAc-10 defensive rookie of the year) doesn't start, he usually splits time with Bradford to keep our blitzers fresh.

Sounds like you run a similar offense to last year than, in that you throw to the RB's a lot. I'm sure Osweiler spread the ball around to the receivers, but I remember a certain play that you guys ran almost every single drive where the RB would come across the formation right before the ball was hiked, then Osweiler would hit him in the flats after he got a running start.

You guys still run that play? Cause I swear you ran it like 5-10 times against us last year.

can't wait for tomorrow
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Sounds like you run a similar offense to last year than, in that you throw to the RB's a lot. I'm sure Osweiler spread the ball around to the receivers, but I remember a certain play that you guys ran almost every single drive where the RB would come across the formation right before the ball was hiked, then Osweiler would hit him in the flats after he got a running start.

You guys still run that play? Cause I swear you ran it like 5-10 times against us last year.

can't wait for tomorrow

Not much, we motion guys a lot but most of our passes are out of play action 5-10 yards downfield. We split out our recievers (espicially freshman DJ Foster) as a WR. We do throw qutie a bit of screens to RBs. IMO if a D plays disciplined and doesn't get confused by our play action, our offense can be shut down. I don't what our staff does exactly but its crazy how many opponents have been confused by our play actions.