There are 174 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 NCAA Football thread

Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio

OFFICIAL: KSR can confirm Mark Stoops will be named Kentucky football coach this afternoon

wow, thats shocking to me. He is great at developing DE's and CB's. But otherwise, his defenses didn't impress me at all.

I'm gonna say he is fired in 3-4 years.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Quote:

OFFICIAL: KSR can confirm Mark Stoops will be named Kentucky football coach this afternoon

wow, thats shocking to me. He is great at developing DE's and CB's. But otherwise, his defenses didn't impress me at all.

FSU is #2 in Total Defense, #6 last year. Pretty impressive if you ask me.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
The argument has been made a ton of times. I don't need to rehash it.

Alabama vs Utah. Nuff said.

A game Alabama couldn't care less about. Saw the same thing in Boise St v Okla. Those games just matter more to the little guy.

6-0 in the championship game. Enough said. What happened to your PAC 10 or Big Ten team in the championship game?
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 27, 2012 at 1:57 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by TheRambler:
The argument has been made a ton of times. I don't need to rehash it.

Alabama vs Utah. Nuff said.

A game Alabama couldn't care less about. Saw the same thing in Boise St v Okla. Those games just matter more to the little guy.

6-0 in the championship game. Enough said. What happened to your PAC 10 or Big Ten team in the championship game?

well actually it should be 6-1, sec lost last year!
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Quote:

FSU is #2 in Total Defense, #6 last year. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

That is largely due to their incredibly soft schedule. They faced 2 good offenses all year, both put up 37 pts (Clemson and Florida). None of the defensive starters were recruited by Stoops.

And like I said, he has a proven track record of developing DEs and CBs. But that doesn't mean you will be a good head coach. To win at a place like Kentucky, you need a great recruiter and an innovative coach because you aren't going to have the same talent against the rest of the SEC.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM ]
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
San Jose State #25!

Yeeee

Originally posted by schmons:
SJSU #25

If San Diego State, Boise State, and/or BYU decided to come back to the Mountain West next year, it would be the third best conference in college football. Too bad it's not going to happen.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Double post
[ Edited by DVDA on Nov 27, 2012 at 4:55 PM ]
Louisville to ACC? I would love that they look great this year and it would be interesting to see how they do in a bigger pond.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Louisville to ACC? I would love that they look great this year and it would be interesting to see how they do in a bigger pond.

I believe thats for 2014.

For 2013, Louisville will still be the Big East in the Big East's brand new format of 2 divisions (adding UCF to the "East" and "West" will have Boise State, Houston, Memphis, San Diego State, Southern Methodist and Temple....basically taking the best teams left in C-USA and MWC).

Also for 2013, the ACC will have newly added Syracuse and Pittsburgh (14 team conference)

The WAC will be eliminated for football with some shuffling of the non-AQ conferences.
Originally posted by DVDA:
San Jose State #25!

Yeeee

SJSU #25

If San Diego State, Boise State, and/or BYU decided to come back to the Mountain West next year, it would be the third best conference in college football. Too bad it's not going to happen.

really?
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
San Jose State #25!

Yeeee

SJSU #25

really?

San Jose State
10 wins
3 point loss AT Stanford
2nd loss to Utah State

Utah State
10 wins
2 point loss at Wisconson
3 point loss at BYU
5 points combined to keep them from an undefeated season

Boise State
9 wins with one game remaining at Nevada
4 point loss AT Michigan State
2 point loss vs San Diego State
6 points so far have kept them from a perfect record

Fresno State
9 wins
17 point loss AT Oregon
1 point loss at Tulsa
10 point loss at Boise State

San Diego State
9 wins
11 point loss AT Washington
4 point loss vs San Jose State
12 point loss at Fresno State

Nevada has Cody Fajardo returning for his junior year
Wyoming has Brett Smith returning for his junior year

You may not like it but the Mountain West would be as good as the Big 12 and Big 10 if those three schools came back to the MWC. It's not going to happen so this whole thing is pointless.
Go Bruins!
Originally posted by vrabbit:
San Jose State #25!

Yeeee

SJSU #25

really?

San Jose State
10 wins (including UC Davis, Colorado St, Texas St, Idaho, NMSU)
3 point loss AT Stanford (1st game of the season, Stanford beats them silly nowadays, are you kidding me?)
2nd loss to Utah State

Utah State
10 wins (including an FCS school, Utah, CSU, UNLV, NMSU, Texas St, Idaho)
2 point loss at Wisconson
3 point loss at BYU
5 points combined to keep them from an undefeated season

Boise State --> I'm not gonna trash BSU
9 wins with one game remaining at Nevada
4 point loss AT Michigan State
2 point loss vs San Diego State
6 points so far have kept them from a perfect record

Fresno State
9 wins (including Weber St, CU, CSU, Wyoming, New Mexico, Hawaii)
17 point loss AT Oregon
1 point loss at Tulsa
10 point loss at Boise State

San Diego State
9 wins (including Army, North Dakota - really?, Hawaii, CSU, UNLV, Wyoming)
11 point loss AT Washington (PATHETIC loss)
4 point loss vs San Jose State
12 point loss at Fresno State

Nevada has Cody Fajardo returning for his junior year
Wyoming has Brett Smith returning for his junior year

You may not like it but the Mountain West would be as good as the Big 12 and Big 10 if those three schools came back to the MWC. It's not going to happen so this whole thing is pointless.

I fixed that post for you, are you delusional even trying to compare those teams to the Big 12 and Big 10? I'm done discussing this if you're gonna make such claims
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Travis Sawchik ‏@travis_sawchik

Chad Morris interviewed in Atlanta for the NC State job today, according to two sources. TigerIllustrated and TCI also reporting this
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer

RT @AUGoldMine: Auburn interviews Louisville coach Charlie Strong http://bit.ly/WvYhOj