LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

2012 NCAA Football thread

Originally posted by schmons:
Originally posted by WhoGotItBetterThenUs:
Originally posted by schmons:
lol i wasnt hating on them last week. just giving my opinion and they proved me wrong.

but i will hate on the sec. f**k them all. garbage ass teams only playing 8 conference games and a bunch of no bodies. so freaking pathetic. god damn i hope they get exposed as the frauds they are. mccarron is a freaking game manager. georgia i think would be a tougher matchup for nd.

What a stupid comment. Florida beat 3 top 10 teams and only lost to #3 Georgia and you call them a garbage ass teams? And they aren't even playing for the National Championship. Some people......shaking my head.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/21081960/doyel-sec-is-overrated

His article is a bit outdated. Florida State and Clemson, the 2 1-loss teams of the ACC, just lost to SEC teams.

Oregon is a one loss team, but I don't think they deserve a shot at the BCS title since they can't even win their own division.

Kansas State is a one-loss team in a very soft Big 12 that doesn't know how to play defense (plus they still play Texas). Think about this, the big 12 and big 10 didn't win a single OOC game against a ranked opponent.

This year the SEC was by far the best conference. PAC-12 was the 2nd best conference. And the rest of the conferences were crap. ACC could have been good but Florida State/Clemson dropped the ball in their final test at the end of the year.

So in a year where conferences were unusually really crappy, its fitting Notre Dame gets their title shot.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop

Purdue's Rivals site is reporting that Danny Hope has been let go. We will update once we have confirmation.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Have confirmed that representatives from NC State have spoken with Mike Leach about their opening http://FootballScoop.com/the-scoop
Originally posted by Jcool:

Have confirmed that representatives from NC State have spoken with Mike Leach about their opening http://FootballScoop.com/the-scoop

doesnt this guy have a job already? is he trying to pull a lane kiffen?
SJSU #25
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Everything wrong with the BCS picture this year will be rectified in 2014 (well, to an extent). So I guess we just have to take watching an SEC team in the BCS title game up the keester once again.

When they've won the game 6 years in a row I don't think other conference fans have the right to say anything.

The argument has been made a ton of times. I don't need to rehash it.

Alabama vs Utah. Nuff said.
Quote:

Purdue's Rivals site is reporting that Danny Hope has been let go. We will update once we have confirmation.

Its been confirmed and I'm happy about it. Hope is a good guy, but a bad head coach.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken

Charlie Weis just said the most important thing for him is to lay low and not try to take credit for Notre Dame's success. Ok then.
<blockquote class="quote"><div>Quote:</div> Dan Wolken &#8207;@DanWolken

Charlie Weis just said the most important thing for him is to lay low and not try to take credit for Notre Dame's success. Ok then.

What a schumck-statement. He had his chance and couldn't beat ranked teams; or unranked teams, for that matter. His Bellicheat-rings were great for recruiting, but on the field, he was lacking as HC. Like Norv Turner, he never should have risen beyond coordinator.

PS- Charlie "laying low" would still be visible from outer-space.
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Nov 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM ]
@IWASATTHECATCH

The National Championship squad is made up of a ton of his recruits. The O-Line, Eifert, Te'O.

But with Weiss, they would never of had this season. Kelly is a legit coach, I enjoyed his teams at Cincinatti.

I think Notre Dame has a better shot at beating Alabama than Georgia. Georgia has a more balanced squad IMO. Alabama, ND just has to play run D and maybe catch a lucky break on offense or turnover.

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
@IWASATTHECATCH

The National Championship squad is made up of a ton of his recruits. The O-Line, Eifert, Te'O.

But with Weiss, they would never of had this season. Kelly is a legit coach, I enjoyed his teams at Cincinatti.

Oh, I know. Like I said, his rings were a fantastic recruiting tool. And, for sure, Charlie doesn't lead us to the NC even with that talent he brought in.

I was happy as f**k when we landed Kelly.
Although, it sucked that Kelly didnt finish off that amazing Cincy season; bailing before their bowl game. I felt bad for those players.
San Jose State #25!

Yeeee
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

1 year RT @Patrick_Magee: #SouthernMiss football coach Ellis Johnson will not return for the 2013 season
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio

OFFICIAL: KSR can confirm Mark Stoops will be named Kentucky football coach this afternoon
Share 49ersWebzone