LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

2012 NBA Offseason Thread

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Why trade everyone on your roster for a 32 year old SG getting paid 20 mil a yearl when you have Marshon Brooks?

lol their roster so far consists of
MarShon Brooks
Tyshawn Taylor
Joe Johnson
Gerald Wallace
Ilkan Karaman
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jul 2, 2012 at 7:14 PM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Why trade everyone on your roster for a 32 year old SG getting paid 20 mil a yearl when you have Marshon Brooks?

lol their roster so far consists of
MarShon Brooks
Tyshawn Taylor
Joe Johnson
Gerald Wallace
Ilkan Karaman

I wonder if this means MarShon could be had...he would be fantastic to have learning behind Kobe...
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Dapro:
wow, where is Dho going now that the Nets are all max out in cao room??!?!

They use their recent signings as trade bait (Joe and Wallace) ?

Maybe?

they cant be traded once acquired. unless sign and trade, or an initial 3 team deal.

Good info. I heard that the Joe Johnson move isn't even set in stone until July 11th. The Nets can back out if they want.
Originally posted by Dapro:
wow, where is Dho going now that the Nets are all max out in cao room??!?!

They use their recent signings as trade bait (Joe and Wallace) ?

Maybe?

they cant be traded once acquired. unless sign and trade, or an initial 3 team deal.

Good info. I heard that the Joe Johnson move isn't even set in stone until July 11th. The Nets can back out if they want.

definitely. I think they can be traded but not until towards trade deadline ish.
If Johnson goes to Brooklyn and Deron/Wallace re-sign, I'd like to see my Lakers swap Bynum for Howard, even without a promise of an extension from Dwight.
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Hawks just sent out Marvin Williams for Devin Harris...making a push for D12?

Quote:
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein: Just going online and on SportsCenter: Hawks have agreed in principle to deal Marvin Williams to Utah for Devin Harris to shed even more $

Damn!

ATL is home for Dwight and the guy is friends with Anthony Morrow and Josh Smith apparently...I'd rather him go to ATL than f**kin Brooklyn, Dallas, or hell, even the Lakers

WindhorstESPN Brian Windhorst
Atlanta w/attractive trade pieces in Al Horford, Jeff Teague & just picked up extra first round pick if they wanted to make bid

if ATL traded Horford and Teague in a package for D12. They would have like 2 good players on the whole team lol
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
If Johnson goes to Brooklyn and Deron/Wallace re-sign, I'd like to see my Lakers swap Bynum for Howard, even without a promise of an extension from Dwight.

Bynum is trash compared to D12
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Um, okay.
if ATL traded Horford and Teague in a package for D12. They would have like 2 good players on the whole team lol

Wouldn't they have cap room though? They can get Nash and Allen lol

Um, okay.

They both suck compared to Big Cuz

Jk

But they both are bigger douches than Cuz, and that's hard to do.

Danny Ferry has been on the job for a week and he should already be given Executive of the Year for dumping Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams. Those were just horrible contracts.

Seriously cannot believe that the Nets would make this deal, end any chance of getting Howard, and taking on such a bad contract.

Pretty risky but the Lakers are going to be pretty bad in 3 years anyway. Might as well take a shot with Howard, Kobe and Gasol this year. If they did win the title Howard would probably sign a long term deal.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Danny Ferry has been on the job for a week and he should already be given Executive of the Year for dumping Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams. Those were just horrible contracts.

Seriously cannot believe that the Nets would make this deal, end any chance of getting Howard, and taking on such a bad contract.

Nets are desperate. They have a new arena and NEED to have something attractive for Deron to play along with. They decided they don't wanna have an empty stadium and want to risk paying Joe $25 million in the final year of his contract when he is 34 YEARS OLD

Ferry looks like a genius. I think there are a lot of free agent shooting guard that the Nets could have signed for much cheaper.
Bucher saying Dwight likely traded and hits free agent market in 2013 and could very well end up in Brooklyn when all said and done. Said his 2 teams on list are Dallas and Los Angeles Lakers, since Brooklyn is likely out of the mix.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Bucher saying Dwight likely traded and hits free agent market in 2013 and could very well end up in Brooklyn when all said and done. Said his 2 teams on list are Dallas and Los Angeles Lakers, since Brooklyn is likely out of the mix.

Do Mavs have any assets to make this trade happen - I guess they have the exception from Odom trade - but other than that - what do they have?
Share 49ersWebzone