There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

That's a badass new Spurs arena!

did the Nets change their colors?
looks like its from a black and white movie.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Originally posted by jrg:

I don't pay attention to s**tty teams like the Nets
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

I don't pay attention to s**tty teams like the Nets

just figured it was obvious looking at this picture lol
Brooklyn nets lOl

What's up with the single seat at the bottom of the diamond shape section in the corners? Forever alone?
LOL at Cuban talking s**t
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
"With the way the Lakers are looking this year, I don't see anybody getting past us this year at all," World Peace said.

"I saw (Antwan) Jamison today," World Peace said. "People forget how much a great rebounder he is. He's one of the greatest rebounders of the game, he has the best touch out of everybody in the NBA, best touch out of all the big men in the game."
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
"With the way the Lakers are looking this year, I don't see anybody getting past us this year at all," World Peace said.

"I saw (Antwan) Jamison today," World Peace said. "People forget how much a great rebounder he is. He's one of the greatest rebounders of the game, he has the best touch out of everybody in the NBA, best touch out of all the big men in the game."

This would be Grade A bulletin board material if it was anyone but Artest, lol.
Future And-1 player from Oakland.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Very true...but out of all the addition, I thought it was weird that he is talkin' about Jamison.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame

Very true...but out of all the addition, I thought it was weird that he is talkin' about Jamison.

To be fair, Jamison gets lost in the Nash Howard talk. I think Jamison is a huge addition to the quality of our second unit.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:

To be fair, Jamison gets lost in the Nash Howard talk. I think Jamison is a huge addition to the quality of our second unit.

I've always liked Jamison. At this point in his career - he is a volume shooter, who won't get enough shots in that offense. But yea, he is better than anyone else on your bench.
I've always liked Jamison. At this point in his career - he is a volume shooter, who won't get enough shots in that offense. But yea, he is better than anyone else on your bench.

I've never really been a Jamison fan, but I think he's been a volume shooter out of necessity. He's been a 6th man once before in his career...with Steve Nash in Dallas...averaging a career low 11.1 FGA. The results was (by far) his most efficient year from the field, shooting 53.5% from the field and 40% from three point range. Mind you, that was almost 10 years ago, but I think it exhibits that he was more of a product of his situation than anything else.

He serves a couple of purposes for the Lakers. We completely replaced our assistant coaches (thank God) and brought in Eddie Jordan to implement the Princeton Offense. Jamison played under Jordan for a few years in Washington, and is very familiar with Princeton as a result, so he should help smooth over the transition on the court. Also, it's a 4-out, 1-in setup that requires a PF that can space the floor, which Jamison can do. This offense should fit in very well with Kobe, Gasol, Jamison, and especially Dwight, but not for Nash. It's very similar to the triangle in it's read & react principles (which suit Kobe & Gasol), and the 4-out, 1-in setup should give Dwight the requisite room to operate. (Van Gundy ran a different 4-out, 1-in motion offense in Orlando, but the spacing was similar)

The are a couple of problems with running Princeton though. One is that like the Triangle, it's less PG intensive than most offenses, and we just brought in a dude who's great at driving the bus. If you're taking the ball out of Steve Nash's hands on offense, you've made the wrong decision. I don't care who else you have. Secondly, I think there may be some difficulties incorporating both Gasol & Howard on the court at the same time. There is a lot of high post action though, where Gasol will have the opportunity to shoot or hit back-cutters from that spot. It's a great fit for Gasol at the 5, but I'm not so sure about Gasol at the 4 with Dwight at the 5.

That said, Brown has said that he's going to put the ball in Nash's hands and he'll decide whether we run PnR (yes please!) or Princeton sets (sometimes, I hope). Really, I think you gotta give the ball to Nash and let him run the show, and save the Princeton stuff for when he's off of the court. At least for the majority of possessions.

I'm babbling. But Jamison's a clever scorer with a lot of holes in his game. I think he's surrounded by guys that can put him in a position to just finish the play, rather than be someone who's depended upon for 15 FGAs.