LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 404 users in the forums

2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Love me some vintage Suns Barkley

He's so fun to watch. Total matchup nightmare. My impression is that people remember him as a bruiser...which he was...but he also had some serious perimeter skills and was as tenacious as any player that's ever played. I know young kids see him as a fat commentator, but he was a serious athlete in his day.

I see him as a fat commentator lol
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
He's so fun to watch. Total matchup nightmare. My impression is that people remember him as a bruiser...which he was...but he also had some serious perimeter skills and was as tenacious as any player that's ever played. I know young kids see him as a fat commentator, but he was a serious athlete in his day.

That was LeBron like.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Hes hilarious doe
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Hes hilarious doe

Agreed
Him and shaq are hilarious
Originally posted by ItouchMyself:
My top Barkley memory was from a regular season game against the Spurs. He had the ball at the top of the key and was lining up for a last second shot. Robinson was guarding him. Barkley was spinning the ball in his hands, looking at the clock, and I was screaming TRAVELING!!!!!!!! Then he made his move and shot the game winner over Robinson.

I was so angry. I don't even know if it was technically traveling, lol, I was just being a passionate (dumb) fan.

edit: It was a playoff game AND the last game at HemisFair; no wonder I was so pissed

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl/1993_1130700/barkley-s-last-second-shot-helps-suns-put-away-spu.html

LOL, that game was on today too.
Channing Frye out indefinitely with an enlarged heart. Scary stuff.
Why did Brook Lopez cancel his flight plans?

He refused to get aboard.

a couple more here

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/09/nba-players-celebrity-doppelganger#page/1
Why don't the Maloof brothers play chess?

Neither one knows how to move their Kings!

The Channing Frye one is great.
But I haven't told a Channi..... oh

Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan recently joined Kobe Bryant and Dirk Nowitzki as the only NBA players with no-trade clauses in their contracts.

Sep 20, 2012 - It's not an easy thing to get a no-trade clause included in an NBA contract, but this offseason San Antonio Spurs big man Tim Duncan and Boston Celtics forward/center Kevin Garnett quietly joined Kobe Bryant and Dirk Nowitzki as the only players in the league with full protection against potential trades. Mark Deeks of Sham Sports recently noted on Twitter that Duncan and Garnett added no-trade protection while taking pay cuts in the process, which virtually ensures that both legends with retire with their current team.

To even be eligible to receive a no-trade clause, a player must have already collected eight years of NBA experience and at least four years with the team that signs him to a contract containing the clause. So that's why the current list of recipients only includes future Hall of Fame players deeply intertwined with the history of each franchise.

Duncan signed a three-year deal with a third-year player option to remain with the Spurs during the off-season, while Garnett inked a three-year, $34 million deal with a partially non-guaranteed third year.
OTB, but this is the epitome of JaVale McGee:

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
So which team is moving to Seattle?

I'd bet it being the Kings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/seattle-city-council-votes-favor-arena-deal-004902074--nba.html

Share 49ersWebzone