There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 NBA Finals

  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,764
Originally posted by DVDA:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
It's an exaggeration, just like people calling Wade and Lebron floppers. I didn't see a flop from either of them in the Boston series. You switch to the other conference finals - and Hardin, Ginobili, and Parker were flipping and flopping all throughout the series.

Wade flops every time he shoots. First he sells contact that isn't there by flailing to the ground then screams at the referees after they don't fall for it. So by your standards of flopping, does that make Wade a double flopper or some sort of super flopper?

He didn't do much of either in the last series. Screams at the ref? Refs have been handing out technicals for smallest things, I'm pretty sure if he was screaming at them, he'd be getting throw out of the games. Thank you for another exaggeration.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,332
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
He didn't do much of either in the last series. Screams at the ref? Refs have been handing out technicals for smallest things, I'm pretty sure if he was screaming at them, he'd be getting throw out of the games. Thank you for another exaggeration.

Sorry this isn't the regular season, he's calmed down on the screaming. He still whines as much as KG and no one can match his ability to fall down after every shot attempt.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,764
Originally posted by DVDA:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
He didn't do much of either in the last series. Screams at the ref? Refs have been handing out technicals for smallest things, I'm pretty sure if he was screaming at them, he'd be getting throw out of the games. Thank you for another exaggeration.

Sorry this isn't the regular season, he's calmed down on the screaming. He still whines as much as KG and no one can match his ability to fall down after every shot attempt.

Other than an occasional incident (more like retaliation) here or there - Miami played in the right spirits this whole post-season. If Wade or Lebron did what Granger was doing - they'd be blasted for it. KJ and Hondo left without a handshake and no one said a word - but when Lebron did that - he was the worst role model in the World.

I personally would prefer players not be allowed to whine to the refs - but EVERY player does this. Wade doesn't do anything different. He falls down after some of the shots ( @ after every shot) because he takes a lot of off-balance shots. There isn't a whole lot of mystery there.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jun 11, 2012 at 9:58 AM ]
Ugh...this is David Stern's wet dream as far as Finals match-ups go...and this is the death of me. Obviously, it's going to be a great series but Ive eaten (and will only eat) so much crow since the beginning of the season. All year I didn't think OKC was ready and I thought Boston/Chicago would have taken care of Miami out east...the Chicago injuries followed by Miami just wanting it more than Boston destroyed all of that...

Also, can someone tell me when the last time a team as young as OKC made it to the Finals? And when was the last time a team whose core players were all under 26 won a chip? Hell, in OKC's case, I think they are all under 24...I'm all about my wiley veteran squads and there are none to cheer for this time around...it basically just comes down to what would be funnier, BronBron coming up short again or OKC getting shat on by Miami? Hmm...

Go Zombie Sonics
Originally posted by GameOver:
Ugh...this is David Stern's wet dream as far as Finals match-ups go...and this is the death of me. Obviously, it's going to be a great series but Ive eaten (and will only eat) so much crow since the beginning of the season. All year I didn't think OKC was ready and I thought Boston/Chicago would have taken care of Miami out east...the Chicago injuries followed by Miami just wanting it more than Boston destroyed all of that...

Also, can someone tell me when the last time a team as young as OKC made it to the Finals? And when was the last time a team whose core players were all under 26 won a chip? Hell, in OKC's case, I think they are all under 24...I'm all about my wiley veteran squads and there are none to cheer for this time around...it basically just comes down to what would be funnier, BronBron coming up short again or OKC getting shat on by Miami? Hmm...

Go Zombie Sonics

1976-77 Portland Trail Blazers
exactly what i wanted.. MIA vs OKC

okc in 6 though!!
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
exactly what i wanted.. MIA vs OKC

okc in 6 though!!

This
OKC's biggest weakness is that they really don't have any front court scoring and I don't think they are going to rely on Ibaka's 15 footer as a go-to move.

Miami's strength is the perimeter defense. I think this matchup plays well for Miami at the defensive end than it does for OKC. Miami's strength is also it's backcourt (similar OKC) but OKC doesn't have the defensive firepower to counter that.

Both teams are essentially jumpshooters but Miami also has the better finisher in the lane out of those primary jump shooters. For OKC, Hardin is that guy but I don't think he gets going vs Wade or Lebron, or even Battier, whichever they decide to put on him.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,174
This is the most excited I've been about a finals since my Rockets were in them in 95. For the first time in forever we have a good matchup of teams whose core players are all in the physical prime and were clearly the best teams in their conferences this year. As good as Miami has looked at times, they still haven't really won in a close game in the final minutes. OKC seems to have won every kind of game imaginable and should be better prepared for anything and none of the pressure will be on them. OKC in 6.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Ugh...this is David Stern's wet dream as far as Finals match-ups go...and this is the death of me. Obviously, it's going to be a great series but Ive eaten (and will only eat) so much crow since the beginning of the season. All year I didn't think OKC was ready and I thought Boston/Chicago would have taken care of Miami out east...the Chicago injuries followed by Miami just wanting it more than Boston destroyed all of that...

Also, can someone tell me when the last time a team as young as OKC made it to the Finals? And when was the last time a team whose core players were all under 26 won a chip? Hell, in OKC's case, I think they are all under 24...I'm all about my wiley veteran squads and there are none to cheer for this time around...it basically just comes down to what would be funnier, BronBron coming up short again or OKC getting shat on by Miami? Hmm...

Go Zombie Sonics

1976-77 Portland Trail Blazers

Interesting...over 35 years ago...wow. Time to make history, average age of Miami is 29, OKC is 26...
Originally posted by GameOver:

Is that s**t real? This muthaf**ka think he Jesus Shuttlesworth.
Thunder favored - 5 tonight
Heat in 5- All games will be close. LeBron gets his ring
[ Edited by WookieOftheYear on Jun 12, 2012 at 6:25 AM ]